MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #21
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
We had a good time also. Team No Redline Essay. I didn't get to ride until the second half, but got to mix it up with Ray (Sikk 100) back and forth the last hour plus some. I think Ray and I were a bit of a rolling road block but I didn't get any birdies, etc. I thought they were making very clean passes. Maybe it's because it was later in the race.

Where are the results posted, I am curious how we did. I know we were a few laps behind in the beginning, but I think we held up ok battling with Ray. He and I were literally laughing out loud passing back and forth. Best time I have had in my first year doing this.

Nice track except for that big divot at the seam at the bottom of the downhill that would jump your tire out. I hit it once, and that was enough.

Good time.

Staton
I hit that divot once. I thought I'd ran over a tree limb or something!

Results:
http://cmraracing.com/Results/2008/Event8/me/8_4.xml
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Ridesmart Endurance Thanks! MSR Cresson cdill35 Taking it to the Track 4 08-31-2011 01:46 PM
LSTD Endurance thanks from MSR and Hallett Gabe Taking it to the Track 3 08-20-2011 03:22 PM
CMRA Cresson mini Endurance Thanks BlackWidow Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 09-08-2009 01:57 PM
MSR-Cresson PICS 8-29-09 cdill35 Video's and Photo's 3 08-30-2009 11:38 PM
THANKS, Mini race @ MSR Cresson CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 6 08-26-2008 07:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #22
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2racing View Post
Re: Red flag riders won't be riding for months-I think you will find that the second red flag involved my team mate Lee Henry, and I will bet the farm that he is at ECR in September. Nothing like being hit from behind by a faster bike.
From the flags - John H. & Brian Booth (broke his right hand for the 3rd time), both will be out for a few months.

Your team mate I don't know, but he did lay there for several minutes before somebody got to him.

Does he remember what happened? It looked like he just got nudged and got in a wobble.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #23
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Had a great time as usual! Just couldn't get into my zone.
I didn't have any problems with the faster bikes on the track.
I sure didn't hesitate to bring it back under them when they slowed up for a corner either though.
Congrats to all!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #24
n2racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

BlackWidow, Lee was more than 'nudged', the F4 bike hit the bars hard enough to bend them.
n2racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #25
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2racing View Post
BlackWidow, Lee was more than 'nudged', the F4 bike hit the bars hard enough to bend them.
I was'nt close enought o see that happen, but I did see the F4 bike come unnecessarily close to Lee.

Same bike took out Brian Booth in similar fashion at about a good 65-70 mph right BEFORE T1, Brian ended up breaking his hand.

Needless to say both times the slowers bike were 'ahead' and also holding their own line.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 08-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #26
Nancy Selleck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
yeah, they were riding for Hi zoot racing (if i remember correctly) he thinks he fractured his left thumb, his hand was a bit swolen, his team mate was looking for another rider to help him with the race, couldn't find one but i just told the guy to go out and do the best he could on his own, take breaks and just enjoy the ride, i think he ended up finding someone to ride with him tho! i remeber passing the bike in my second stint out and the guy i talked to wasn't the pilot.

he also took out a 250, they were pitted next to us, broke the left foot peg off so they fashioned a 4" long 3/8" bolt for a peg, bent the left clip on also, at the end of the race the clip on was freely moving around, they really conquered their race!
Please tell me that you're kidding about a team allowing someone to ride on their team who was not registered! The team name is TAMUMC and the only riders listed in the results are Brian Booth and Greg Geis. (Results are posted on our Results page: http://www.cmraracing.com/Results/20...nt8/me/8_4.xml)

Forget about the fact that this is grounds for disqualification, but my concern is the club's liability risk of someone racing without signing the liability waiver.

CarbonJames please call me at the office.
Ph: 817-570-9779
nancy@cmraracing.com
Nancy Selleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #27
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Selleck View Post
Please tell me that you're kidding about a team allowing someone to ride on their team who was not registered! The team name is TAMUMC and the only riders listed in the results are Brian Booth and Greg Geis. (Results are posted on our Results page: http://www.cmraracing.com/Results/20...nt8/me/8_4.xml)

Forget about the fact that this is grounds for disqualification, but my concern is the club's liability risk of someone racing without signing the liability waiver.

CarbonJames please call me at the office.
Nancy,

No need to worry. All 3 riders that got on the bike had signed "off" the liability waiver.

Brian and Greg were the two endurance riders, but after Brian crashed in the endurance - they were looking for another rider to fill in. Needless to say "Jason" was available who was there just for the mini sprints. He just filled in for Brian's stints.

Since Jason was signed up for the mini sprints (later on for TMGP), I'm sure he had signed off the waivers.

I'll speak to them when I see them next time, they would never knowingly do anything to harm the club's reputation. There good guys!

Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #28
Nancy Selleck

"Jason" may have a TMGP license, but did he fill out a CMRA license form?

And per the CMRA endurance rules, all riders on the team must be entered on an entry form or the team will be disqualified. The team owner is required to come to Registration to add the new rider on before he/she gets on the bike. This can be done anytime before the end of the race, but definitely before the rider gets on the bike.

Remember, this was a CMRA endurance race...therefore CMRA rulebook.
nancy@cmraracing.com
Old 08-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #29
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Uh oh!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #30
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
"Jason" may have a TMGP license, but did he fill out a CMRA license form?

And per the CMRA endurance rules, all riders on the team must be entered on an entry form or the team will be disqualified. The team owner is required to come to Registration to add the new rider on before he/she gets on the bike. This can be done anytime before the end of the race, but definitely before the rider gets on the bike.

Remember, this was a CMRA endurance race...therefore CMRA rulebook.
Agreed. I'm aware of the CMRA rules.

Just stating my perspective as I was pitted next to them, they like me are college students trying to afford an expensive hobby. I'm sure they just overlooked it.

Unforunately they don't post here nor on the CMRA boards. I'll forward them your message when I see them in September.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #31
Nancy Selleck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Agreed. I'm aware of the CMRA rules.

Just stating my perspective as I was pitted next to them, they like me are college students trying to afford an expensive hobby. I'm sure they just overlooked it.

Unforunately they don't post here nor on the CMRA boards. I'll forward them your message when I see them in September.
I'm not sure what money has to do with it. TMGP racers not wanting CMRA points do not have to pay for a CMRA license...but they are required to fill out (and sign) the license form. Endurance fees are not per rider, they are per hour...so adding a rider would not increase the cost for the team.

I'm not trying to get anyone into trouble here, but competing in a race without having the proper license is a serious situation. I doubt that anyone would overlook getting a license with the AMA (or any other racing organization) before climbing on a bike in a race.
nancy@cmraracing.com
Old 08-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #32
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
I'm not sure what money has to do with it. TMGP racers not wanting CMRA points do not have to pay for a CMRA license...but they are required to fill out (and sign) the license form. Endurance fees are not per rider, they are per hour...so adding a rider would not increase the cost for the team.

I'm not trying to get anyone into trouble here, but competing in a race without having the proper license is a serious situation. I doubt that anyone would overlook getting a license with the AMA (or any other racing organization) before climbing on a bike in a race.
LOL I think you misunderstood me. There was alot going on on Saturday, sometimes when you off from a class late on friday and drive the whole night friday to miss the practice on saturday, then registrations, to techs, sprint entries same day, endurance the same days aswell, etc etc..... so things can be overlooked. I'm sure they just overlooked it.

Anyways the point is your right and they are wrong - I'll let them know their mistake so they don't do it again.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #33
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

The plot thickens! Hey Den want to move up overall?
J/K. It's mini's, I feel bad enough winning over kids. Even if they're half my size.
But Nancy has this one strung.......
Old 08-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #34
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

I can get hold Greg through a buddy in College Station. I will direct them to this thread.

FWIW, they are good guys.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #35
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

I would think to just let them know to have their ducks in a row next time. I think they're use to most racers running around like mindless chickens on race day. Espescially 1st - how many times. I still come up with mindless questions that I come around to later as derrrr!!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #36
GregGeis

Hey guys, sorry about the rules violation, it was just a spur of the moment type of deal, I wasnt even thinking about him not being registered. At any rate, you can DQ us, we weren't racing for anything anyways, just having fun. We weren't in contention and I just wanted to get a second rider becuase Brian had to go to the hospital and a 1 man endurance team didnt sound like much fun. Anyways, I know better than that, it was just in the middle of the race and I didn't think it through. Sorry, it wont happen again.
GregGeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #37
GregGeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
From the flags - John H. & Brian Booth (broke his right hand for the 3rd time), both will be out for a few months.

Your team mate I don't know, but he did lay there for several minutes before somebody got to him.

Does he remember what happened? It looked like he just got nudged and got in a wobble.
When Brian got taken out, it was stupid and unnecessary from the F4 Rider. I didn't see it specifically but Brian said the rider came down on him and bumped him, then let off a bit and came back through and took out his front tire with the F4s rear tire. Now he has a rather large piece of bone broken off in his hand and has to go to a surgeon. Brian is a really skilled rider and does not have any problems rubbing and racing but you can't do much when someone takes out your front wheel. It was definitely a big error in judgement by the F4 rider and it got someone hurt. Unfortunately, Brian doesn't remember what the bike looked like or even what color it was.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #38
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

unfort. when the small bikes get mixed up with the big bikes, typically, the small bike loses. EVERYTIME! i've been taken out by larger bikes before and no big deal, but then again i wasn't injured in the process either.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #39
GregGeis

Yea, and Brian wasn't even whining about it, he just said it was a stupid pass. I was more irked about it because with everything I saw and all the crashes, it didn't seem like an isolated incident caused by a lapse in judgement.

I also forgot to mention, that although we were riding for Hizoot earlier in the year we weren't racing for them. We had just started a new team this round (TAMUMC).
Old 08-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #40
Nancy Selleck

Greg, thanks for posting. I know that it was an oversight and wasn't done maliciously. This is a learning experience for everyone.

Please tell Brian that I hope he will be okay soon.

Reporting rough riding to our officials at the track is definitely encouraged.
nancy@cmraracing.com

Advertisement