MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

MSR Cresson - Mini Endurance pics

MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Ridesmart Endurance Thanks! MSR Cresson cdill35 Taking it to the Track 4 08-31-2011 01:46 PM
LSTD Endurance thanks from MSR and Hallett Gabe Taking it to the Track 3 08-20-2011 03:22 PM
CMRA Cresson mini Endurance Thanks BlackWidow Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 09-08-2009 01:57 PM
MSR-Cresson PICS 8-29-09 cdill35 Video's and Photo's 3 08-30-2009 11:38 PM
THANKS, Mini race @ MSR Cresson CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 6 08-26-2008 07:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

what a grid, 60 entries!! WOW, that was a lot of freaking bikes running around.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
:sigh:

wish we were there.

Good job guys.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Really good and tight racing...

This is the first track I've been to where I rode in "Survival mode" the majority of the time! There was just too big of a difference in closing speeds between the F4 bikes (Ninja 250/RS85) and our F7 bikes (CRF100/DRZ110/XR108).

I'm just glad we all made it out okay - from the red flag crashers, both guys went down hard and will NOT be riding for a few months.

Best LapTimes with Top Speed posted below...

3 Musketeers 1:24 @ 71mph
Team RideSmart 1:26 @ 69mph
Mad Season 1:27 @ 69mph
Sikk100 1:28 @ 68mph
Que Paso Racing 1:29 @ 67mph

All the above are F7...Surprisingly though with many uphill straights and corners on this track - it seems optimum gearing paid off greatly. I know I was geared waay too high. A little more umph up the hills would been better.

Congrats to all podium finishers - its pretty clear F7N (TMGP) is the most competitive class to be in .

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post

This is the first track I've been to where I rode in "Survival mode" the majority of the time! There was just too big of a difference in closing speeds between the F4 bikes (Ninja 250/RS85) and our F7 bikes (CRF100/DRZ110/XR108).

I'm just glad we all made it out okay - from the red flag crashers, both guys went down hard and will NOT be riding for a few months.

All the above are F7...Surprisingly though with many uphill straights and corners on this track - it seems optimum gearing paid off greatly. I know I was geared waay too high. A little more umph up the hills would been better.

Congrats to all podium finishers - its pretty clear F7N (TMGP) is the most competitive class to be in .
Congrats to 3 Musketeers. I think they're all like 10-13 years old. Fast kids!

Anybody ever find out who was involved in the two bike crash at the bottom of T1? Hope he's okay. I was hit by one of those bikes pretty hard (the red nsr or rs85). Fortunantly I didn't go down.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 08-25-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post

Anybody ever find out who was involved in the two bike crash at the bottom of T1? Hope he's okay. I was hit by one of those bikes pretty hard (the red nsr or rs85). Fortunantly I didn't go down.
yeah, they were riding for Hi zoot racing (if i remember correctly) he thinks he fractured his left thumb, his hand was a bit swolen, his team mate was looking for another rider to help him with the race, couldn't find one but i just told the guy to go out and do the best he could on his own, take breaks and just enjoy the ride, i think he ended up finding someone to ride with him tho! i remeber passing the bike in my second stint out and the guy i talked to wasn't the pilot.

he also took out a 250, they were pitted next to us, broke the left foot peg off so they fashioned a 4" long 3/8" bolt for a peg, bent the left clip on also, at the end of the race the clip on was freely moving around, they really conquered their race!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post

Dennie,

It was an RS85. The ride John Hamlett faired out okay but does not remember anything, he's not going to be riding for awhile.

I think the F4 bikes were less then polite at best. The birdies, head shaking, unnecessary close passing uphill followed with a stare, all were really unnecessary. Specially when you got OVER 3 times the HP!

I don't mean to stir anything up but 2 red flags and 3 yellow flags all were caused by 2 F4 bikes, unforunatly everytime it was a smaller bike on the receiveing end.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 08-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
I don't mean to stir anything up but 2 red flags and 3 yellow flags all were caused by 2 F4 bikes, unforunatly everytime it was a smaller bike on the receiveing end.
Some of this can be credited to this being the first event held at this track. Riders haven't yet learned how to put together secondary lines when dealing with traffic. I think another factor is the flowing nature of the track. There are virtually no "real" straights for passing, and most corners don't have very defined breaking / passing zones; most of the lines for the faster F4 bikes involve the same tarmac as the slower F6 and F7 bikes. Additionally I feel that the elevation changes coupled with the differences in speed made for errors when gauging closing speeds. The run down the hill was especially interesting to watch because of the speed differences between classes and how the race line was shared by all. Add it all up and you've some incidents that hopefully won't happen next time around.

Last edited by Racer997; 08-25-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #9
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
Some of this can be credited to this being the first event held at this track. Riders haven't yet learned how to put together secondary lines when dealing with traffic. I think another factor is the flowing nature of the track. There are virtually no "real" straights for passing, and most corners don't have very defined breaking / passing zone. Lines for the faster F4 bikes involve the same tarmac as the slower F6 and F7 bikes. Additionally I feel that the elevation changes coupled with the differences in speed made for errors when gauging closing speeds. Add it all up and you've some incidents that hopefully won't happen next time around.
I understand. However the majority were experienced racers and can hold their own - where as I agree with you, the headshaking and birdies were really uncalled for. That has nothing to do with slower, lines, track lay out or anything.

That's just plain simply rude. Specially when you have your last name printed on your leathers.

Oh well... I'm just glad we did'nt have any "serious" injuries beside John Hamlett, Brian Booth, the guy with the TTR125 forced to go wide and wreck in the middle.

See where I'm going with this?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
MadseasoN

Quote:
Dennie,

It was an RS85. The ride John Hamlett faired out okay but does not remember anything, he's not going to be riding for awhile.

I think the F4 bikes were less then polite at best. The birdies, head shaking, unnecessary close passing uphill followed with a stare, all were really unnecessary. Specially when you got OVER 3 times the HP!

I agree. I tried to stay off the "race line" so they could go around, but . It's not like I have eyes in the back of my head.

It did get better as the race progressed.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
I understand. However the majority were experienced racers and can hold their own - where as I agree with you, the headshaking and birdies were really uncalled for. That has nothing to do with slower, lines, track lay out or anything.

That's just plain simply rude. Specially when you have your last name printed on your leathers.

Oh well... I'm just glad we did'nt have any "serious" injuries beside John Hamlett, Brian Booth, the guy with the TTR125 forced to go wide and wreck in the middle.

See where I'm going with this?
I'm not saying they were right or that they even had a valid excuse. We had some choice words for some of the riders and teams that were doing this when they could be identified. I told one guy that he wasn't Mat Mladin, Jr., but if he was going to act like it, he could sit out the rest of the day. I think his on track manners improved after that. He was but one of several, however.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #12
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
I'm not saying they were right or that they even had a valid excuse. We had some choice words for some of the riders and teams that were doing this when they could be identified. I told one guy that he wasn't Mat Mladin, Jr., but if he was going to act like it, he could sit out the rest of the day. I think his on track manners improved after that. He was but one of several, however.
We (F7 riders) greatly appreciate it. I know I saw an official speaking to some of the guys and telling them to go easy - which sorta showed as I think the last 90 minutes of the race went rather "clean".

Nevertheless we enjoyed it greatly! I never knew my CRF100 could actually go over 65 mph with my big frame on it ! It was scary!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #13
MadseasoN

Quote:
We (F7 riders) greatly appreciate it. I know I saw an official speaking to some of the guys and telling them to go easy - which sorta showed as I think the last 90 minutes of the race went rather "clean".

Nevertheless we enjoyed it greatly! I never knew my CRF100 could actually go over 65 mph with my big frame on it ! It was scary!
Take a lap on the 70 next time we're at Oakhill or Cresson. 6+ footers don't belong on those bikes .... especially at 70mph!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #14
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

well, i had some really close passes made on me but, i was expecting it too. I just listened for the louder faster bikes, as they came upon me i adjusted my line and held it till they passed. no problems from my end. It's to be expected but, as you say, was a bit aggressive for some of them.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #15
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Looking good!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #16
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Quote:

You're cheating us of over 1mph!!

Also, has anyone noticed that around the red flag times the laps repeat? im assuming after the flags they revert back to the previous lap, so it would make sense, but our lap 21 is repeated 3 times!

great track, lots of fun, and probably even more on a faster bike. Our bike unfortunately lacks speed, but luckily we have consitency and most our time is lost on the straights and we play catch up through the turns. can't complain though... Im over 200lbs and I can manage to keep up with many others who have the weight advantage.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."

Last edited by Capafool; 08-25-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #17
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool View Post
You're cheating us of over 1mph!!

Also, has anyone noticed that around the red flag times the laps repeat? im assuming after the flags they revert back to the previous lap, so it would make sense, but our lap 21 is repeated 3 times!

great track, lots of fun, and probably even more on a faster bike. Our bike unfortunately lacks speed, but luckily we have consitency and most our time is lost on the straights and we play catch up through the turns. can't complain though... Im over 200lbs and I can manage to keep up with many others who have the weight advantage.
From my "oh so very detailed" view of all the F7 bikes. If your riders avg weight was under 120 lbs you'd podium. Or if you were geared for acceleration over top speed, you'd podium.

3 Musketeers are kids all under 100 lbs each, with daddy's backing of motor. LOL.

You guys were definitly losing top speed to us and mad season, but i noticed you guys were climbing up the hills wAAAY! faster then any F7 bike out there including the kids!

It all came down to a difference of gearing me thinks. Usually for OHR we all try to get good top speed while keeping one hill in mind, that was the starting point for most teams going into Cresson. Those that accounted for 2 hills and changed their gearing last minute - sure got a good advantage.

I've been reminded yet again how much gearing matters!

You guys have been consistent through out the year - and got a well deserved podium!

Old 08-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #18
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Quote:
You guys were definitly losing top speed to us and mad season, but i noticed you guys were climbing up the hills wAAAY! faster then any F7 bike out there including the kids!

It all came down to a difference of gearing me thinks.
yeah gearing does matter... but even on the tracks which we visit regularly (katy and denton) if you look at the mylaps numbers, our bike is usually at the bottom of the charts when it comes to speed. If we gear any taller for more top speed it doesn't help because getting out of the corners quick will become an issue, so one things cancels the other and we're back to having low lap speeds. We gotta make up for it through the turns... Yeah I was able to get up the hills pretty good because i was downshifting several gears and ringin the our of 2nd gear!
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #19
n2racing

Re: Red flag riders won't be riding for months-I think you will find that the second red flag involved my team mate Lee Henry, and I will bet the farm that he is at ECR in September. Nothing like being hit from behind by a faster bike.
n2racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #20
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2003 Honda VFR800

We had a good time also. Team No Redline Essay. I didn't get to ride until the second half, but got to mix it up with Ray (Sikk 100) back and forth the last hour plus some. I think Ray and I were a bit of a rolling road block but I didn't get any birdies, etc. I thought they were making very clean passes. Maybe it's because it was later in the race.

Where are the results posted, I am curious how we did. I know we were a few laps behind in the beginning, but I think we held up ok battling with Ray. He and I were literally laughing out loud passing back and forth. Best time I have had in my first year doing this.

Nice track except for that big divot at the seam at the bottom of the downhill that would jump your tire out. I hit it once, and that was enough.

Good time.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement