Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #41
striker
Zip Tie Guy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

here's another

http://www.livevideo.com/video/C3CCE...lled-over.aspx

Lee Harvey Oswald: Where are you when we need you?
striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another CL "WTF" moment, brought to you by HCS. hotcknstrips Off Topic 21 05-18-2012 05:30 PM
Bought my 1st fiddy ~ "man this sh*ts fun....... ouch!!!" Milez28 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 21 07-05-2007 12:36 PM
"True Friendship" - None of that Sissy t Candy Off Topic 35 05-30-2007 05:15 PM
Talk about a "whoa, mabye i should stfu" moment dotcom Off Topic 7 12-08-2005 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 PM   #42
striker
Zip Tie Guy

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #43
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
^^^ Looks like you target fixated on the grass.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 PM   #44
striker
Zip Tie Guy

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

the rear slipped on the yellow line

Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #45
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Turn 1 TWS (Texas World Speedway), first trackday, 165 on the incorrect speedo, brake brake brake, turn turn turn turn, edge of track getting closer, closer, closer..........whew, made it, barely. Lap after lap after lap. Never been more scared on a bike, including my couple of wrecks of the years. That turn just drags out the fear for like 10 seconds. Pulse way up. Smile huge.

Scariest wreck....pitbike, bars rotated in clamps, stuck throttle wide open first gear at 10 mph, straight into a parking lot rolling gate mechanism. Busted toe and dislocated finger. All time scariest crash. I could have had a bolt thru my head by a couple of inches, or lost a grip o teeth.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #46
mike

Member Garage

Just had my most recent moment 10 minutes ago. On Spring-Cypress doing about 50 (within speed limit) I see this lady in her CR-V waiting to pull out of the parking lot. I ride a bright yellow bike, I had the high beams on and when I saw her wheels slightly moving I honked like an idiot. Yet she managed to ignore me and slowly crosses the street to make a left turn. I slammed on the brakes, rear locked up and I was sliding towards her. Couldn't go around as she was still in the middle of the road. She just took off, didn't look at me nothing. So I turned around, followed her and tried to knock the window in. I was right next to her and she didn't even notice me (so much for the loud pipes save lives thing - I have a Jardine RT-1 on the Buell which is pretty LOUD). Smiles at me and says she's sorry and laughs at me when I get really . So much for stupid soccer mums.

I expected her to pull out which was probably what saved my . I should've knocked either the mirror off or slammed into the door to give her a reminder.

Morale of the story: Always assume the cager is ignoring you! Always assume they will pull out even if you do everything to get their attention! ALWAYS wear a helmet and proper gear! If I would've hit her, I would've just had some bruises because of gear. Without gear I would've had to be air lifted to the hospital.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #47
k5freek

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2010 Raven R1

Ive had many. But my first was 2 weeks after I got my first bike my friends decide to take me to telegraph canyon in San Diego. I am following and my friend in front takes off around an 18 wheeler and I am like I can do that to, so off I go. I get half way around and a turn is coming up. To top it off another 18 wheeler is coming around the turn. So I end up going through the turn between the 2 trucks.

2. Riding PCH about 90 and a deer smacks into my front wheel and cartwheels over me. Somehow I kept it up. I think because I didn't freek out and pressed front and rear brake to steady. But it caused about $4000 in damage.

3. Crashed doing a standup wheelie at 120 mph. The left footpeg broke and slammed me to the ground. Friends said they slowed down, but had to speed up to my body as it tumbled down the road. Worst sound in the world inside your helmet. Found out later that this is a common problem for R1s.

Most Embarassing was at MOTOGP at Laguna Seca. We were camping and it was super hot so everyone was riding in shorts up to the parking spots. I wore flip-flops. We rode up the dirt hill to park and everyone went to stop, I put my feet down and they slid out. I tried to hold it up but was succesful only in grabbing more throttle as I fell, bringing more attention to myself. So I had about 10,000 fans laughing and clapping at me for being a dumb@ss
k5freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #48
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post
here's 1

th suv
wow would of broken off that mirror
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #49
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Last OS moment was a morning ride up Honea Egypt.. 90 deg. turn, turned out to be a little slick for the speed I was traveling. Front end pushed, picked bike up and went thru the ditch and wet grass slideways and back out on the road. Luckily the other lane was clear.

Didn't realize I had bent the front rim until the next curve and the bike wouldn't turn.. bent in enough to uncover the bead and no air in tire. Rode back down to 1488 and had to keep it under forty...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #50
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Was doing a high speed wheelie on i37 in Corpus. I think I put it down doing 132 or so. Must have put it down cocked because it went into a violent tank slapper. I was just thinking the whole time this is going to hurt. Thank it stopped and I stopped doing wheelies over a 100 for a while. And got a after market ohlins dampner.
beautiful. i tell you what... i just want to go riding with you sometime to learn how to have fun... as long as your promise me that I'll come home to my wife without handcuffs or in a bodybag... you just rock period. I always love your posts. Don't let the haters get ya down. I'm sure you ride pretty safe... and yet know when to have a good time.....

Which reminds me that I can't wait to someday soon go do track. Once my new job stablizes and I've got a 2nd bike, I'm looking forward to taking one of them to the track to experince the thrill. I personally would like to get a small supermotard and take it to a go kart track, but I don't know if many people do that in houston. Love the motards, less chance of 100+ trouble, and more chance of hooliganism... i just want to ride up some staircases and scare the bejeebus out of some watching SUV cell phone driving crazy.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #51
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
Just had my most recent moment 10 minutes ago. On Spring-Cypress doing about 50 (within speed limit) I see this lady in her CR-V waiting to pull out of the parking lot. I ride a bright yellow bike, I had the high beams on and when I saw her wheels slightly moving I honked like an idiot. Yet she managed to ignore me and slowly crosses the street to make a left turn. I slammed on the brakes, rear locked up and I was sliding towards her. Couldn't go around as she was still in the middle of the road. She just took off, didn't look at me nothing. So I turned around, followed her and tried to knock the window in. I was right next to her and she didn't even notice me (so much for the loud pipes save lives thing - I have a Jardine RT-1 on the Buell which is pretty LOUD). Smiles at me and says she's sorry and laughs at me when I get really . So much for stupid soccer mums.

I expected her to pull out which was probably what saved my . I should've knocked either the mirror off or slammed into the door to give her a reminder.

Morale of the story: Always assume the cager is ignoring you! Always assume they will pull out even if you do everything to get their attention! ALWAYS wear a helmet and proper gear! If I would've hit her, I would've just had some bruises because of gear. Without gear I would've had to be air lifted to the hospital.
I was splitting slowly in the pouring rain that had slowed down when the HOV was backed up 290 all the way to the I10 entrance. I was going very slowly since cars were barely moving and I was soaked. All of a sudden I see a car that gunned its engine right next to me and upset that I was sharing and moving ahead is determined to scare me and make me move behind, or at least cut me off. This is all at 30mph or less.
NOW... i've never been in a fight, avoided trouble for my whole life, pretty much the "upstanding citizen".... and I'm not aggressive. I don't lash out....

but without even thinking about it I kicked at him and missed by a few inches of landing a good door ding on his ride... i laughed when i realized he was being such an idiot, and moved forward through traffic leaving him behind in the dust... also suprised that the other 4 bikers I saw (mostly cruisers), didn't split at all with traffic just sitting there and plenty of space. I saved over 40 mins that day splitting.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #52
jrob
cheers

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

first off what is this tank slapping i keep hearing reffering to?

my most memorable oh moment was right after i got my honda magna when i was 18. i was ultra green to the street. i was riding with my buddy who had an old seca. i was being a jackass and trying to prove that my V four was just as good or better than his inline four. well sure enough i passed him going about 80. then i noticed that he had slowed down for the 20 mph turn coming up. luckily there was a dirt driveway going strait off the turn. i exited the road going about 65 with the rear wheel locked and as hard on the front as i could. slid about 50 yards to a pants stop. i blame dirt experience for keeping it up along with blind luck.

moral: dont be a jackass.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #53
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
one about that one day at crabb when you hit that slick spot that almost made me shyt my pants just by watching you ..btw nice save!
HAHA oh yea I forgot about that

AND when I ran off at the chicane at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and rode it out in the grass till just about all the way to pit road

AND yesterday when I ran off the outside of the gravity bowl at TWS (Texas World Speedway) I was in the grass forever!!! But I kept it up

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #54
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post
here's 1

th suv
No surprise there since the rider was in the wrong part of the lane

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #55
MudBug
Banned

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #56
TattooLost
Too Far Away!

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Kawasaki Ninja 650
'02 Honda CBR600 F4i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
I woke up 8 years ago with a ring on finger and said OH ! But now she is the boss.

HAHAHA! Me too!

I was cruising through life at a pretty high rate of speed about 4 years ago, when out of nowhere this hottie jumps out in front of me. I had to either hit it and quit it or slam on the brakes. I buckled down and slammed the brakes. I was like OH T! But I'm glad I chose the brakes.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #57
loosenoose
veteran novice

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Quote:
I woke up 8 years ago with a ring on finger and said OH ! But now she is the boss.

lol
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #58
Scatter

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
not as surprised as me though.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #59
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:

bishes be tuning us into husbands and chit.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #60
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

I've had a few in my day but the one that stands out the most to me was late last year. I was cruising the backroads up in northeast TX and was probably going a bit too fast for not knowing the roads, but there was no traffic and the pavement was fine. Then all of a sudden I come out of a left hand bend and see a sign that says "HIGHWAY ENDS 500 FEET". I quickly bend the bike into the next corner (right hand bend) while pondering that that sign means... I mean, I wasn't on the highway so I was a bit confused. As I come through the bend I see that the roads looks a little funky just as it straightens up. Well, as things start to crystalize I realize that the pavement ends and turns into a dirt road!! Needless to say I start slowing down as much as I can while leaned over and as soon as I get the bike upright I get hard on the brakes. I stopped, but only about 10 feet or so before the road had about a 3-5 inch drop off where it then turned into loose gravel.

That almost sucked cause I was WAY out in the middle of nowhere riding all by myself!
Steve O Chap is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement