MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
zac5876
Focus

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 R6R

Little story..eh..kinda long story

A friend and I decided today was a nice day to for a ride up here so we head out. We ride for awhile and finally end back in Atascocita. We find a place to sit down eat. We parked the bikes so we can keep an eye on 'em. As soon as our order arrives I notice a cop pull up right next to where we parked. Thought nothing of it till about 5 minutes pass and he is still looking and writing information down. At that point I walk out to see if he's writing me a ticket or something. As I walk to the his car, he points and asks, are any of these my bike. I say yes, and point to my black R6. Then he asks if I know who drives the red R6 right next to me. I say yep, at this point he is actually walking out of the restaurant too, he's right there. He asks, "why did you guys run from me the other day?". We look at each other like it's a joke. He then he says, "you that's a felony right?". He goes on to explain that he was pulling over a black and red bike last week, the red bike pulled over and the black bike just took off like a bat out of . Looking right at me like I'm a criminal.

This is all a little funny because my bike has been in my garage for the past week and a half weeks awaiting a new freaking rear tire, and my friend is the last person to run. He takes our license's and takes down all of our information. He says he has us on camera and he points to the back of his car and says I could be in cuffs back there.

Guess he doesn't have enough proof to actually take me in? Realized it wasn't us?

Gives us back our information, gets back in his car and takes off.

Anything like this ever happen to any of you guys here? A little scary having a cop telling you he has you on camera committing a felony offense.
zac5876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now This Is A Story CUZ Off Topic 8 12-06-2012 04:00 PM
Friend wrecked my bike ( long story) tunaluna General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 08-28-2012 07:57 PM
Man today sucked....long story cbrmonkey General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 05-18-2012 06:22 PM
** ADD to the story ** See how long we can make it PoPoRiderRR Off Topic 24 11-24-2007 06:18 PM
funny awesome story, kinda long RACER X Off Topic 4 10-24-2007 08:25 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I hear stories of it on occasion. sounds like a douchebag to me. Next time tell him to show you the matching license plates.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac5876 View Post
A friend and I decided today was a nice day to for a ride up here so we head out. We ride for awhile and finally end back in Atascocita. We find a place to sit down eat. We parked the bikes so we can keep an eye on 'em. As soon as our order arrives I notice a cop pull up right next to where we parked. Thought nothing of it till about 5 minutes pass and he is still looking and writing information down. At that point I walk out to see if he's writing me a ticket or something. As I walk to the his car, he points and asks, are any of these my bike. I say yes, and point to my black R6. Then he asks if I know who drives the red R6 right next to me. I say yep, at this point he is actually walking out of the restaurant too, he's right there. He asks, "why did you guys run from me the other day?". We look at each other like it's a joke. He then he says, "you that's a felony right?". He goes on to explain that he was pulling over a black and red bike last week, the red bike pulled over and the black bike just took off like a bat out of . Looking right at me like I'm a criminal.

This is all a little funny because my bike has been in my garage for the past week and a half weeks awaiting a new freaking rear tire, and my friend is the last person to run. He takes our license's and takes down all of our information. He says he has us on camera and he points to the back of his car and says I could be in cuffs back there.

Guess he doesn't have enough proof to actually take me in? Realized it wasn't us?

Gives us back our information, gets back in his car and takes off.

Anything like this ever happen to any of you guys here? A little scary having a cop telling you he has you on camera committing a felony offense.
Yeah, I had something very similar to that happen to me when I was younger. Almost the same story. I wouldn't worry about it, I didn't and nothing ever came of it.

On another note, can you believe the idiots that run from PO these days? What kind of numskull would run from PD after they have seen you and have a good description? Folks who do that then get caught deserve what they get. It just sucks for all the folks who get the calls from them in jail asking to bail them out.

Dumb
Old 08-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
When we were filling up at a gas station in Fayetteville once upon a time this friendly cop came by and started talking to us. I think he told us to take it easy through Fayette county b/c a few weeks back they had a green bike with a guy my size run from a cop. He was kinda lookin at me as the suspect, but of course I assured him it wasn't me as it was my first time through Fayette county The end.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
sloshedmrbones
Ninja

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 250R

Send a message via AIM to sloshedmrbones Send a message via Yahoo to sloshedmrbones
I have had this happen to me, however, I was driving a car since i dont have a bike. This was a few years back when i was with my exgf. I had just left her house in mid day headed to go eat. I noticed that there were 2 cops following me but didn't think anything of it because had i done one wrong move they would have pulled me over. So i am on lakewoodlands turn onto many pines, then make a right into the parking lot to go eat when infront of me 4 cops coming at me, 2 sheriffs and 2 constables plust the 2 sheriffs behind me. All flip their lights on and surround me. I stopped in a parking spot turn the car off and dropped the keys out the window. They all surround the car guns drawn and asked me to step out and if they could search the vehicle. I said sure theres nothing in there, they go about searching and asking me questions. Where i came from? what i was doing there? and so on. After all was said and done they thought I came from the house next door to my gf which was a house that had been under surviellance because it was a drug house where AK47's had been found as well as LBS of chronic and many other things. I explained to them i dont know those people and they all apologized and asked where i was headed. I was headed to eat and they followed me there and bought my dinner and apologized again for the big misunderstanding.

RIP Coach 4/5/09 (10:27 pm)
sloshedmrbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
They had chronic there, you left, and told them you were headed to eat. That's a lil suspicious to me

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #7
the_grey_john

Bike(s):
1999 Honda CBR600 F4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybikes View Post
They had chronic there, you left, and told them you were headed to eat. That's a lil suspicious to me
Did you get Funyuns? Lots of Funyuns?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_grey_john View Post
Did you get Funyuns? Lots of Funyuns?
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
the_grey_john

Bike(s):
1999 Honda CBR600 F4

i was worried... thought no one would get that little quote...
Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
sloshedmrbones
Ninja

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 250R

Send a message via AIM to sloshedmrbones Send a message via Yahoo to sloshedmrbones
no funyuns, but i do love those by the way. yes there was chronic, however, i didn't know that until they told me. I left my gfs house it was better than chronic

RIP Coach 4/5/09 (10:27 pm)
sloshedmrbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
i was worried... thought no one would get that little quote...
You could also use any of the following:

Doritos, Cheetos, Frijots, Cheetos, Oreos, Ramen Noodles, Cheetos, Cheetos, Cheetos....
Old 08-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #12
chadeaux
Chad-O

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
'09 V Star 950

Member Garage

Cops over-generalizing motorcycle-riding suspects..... No, Never
chadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #13
the_grey_john

Bike(s):
1999 Honda CBR600 F4

bikers are the minority of the vehicle world... like cops profiling black people all the time. They aren't always right, but you can't even act like the odds aren't in their favor! And it's okay people, I can say stuff like that, I myself is in fact a black person. I don't know how that makes it okay... it just does. Just roll with it...
Old 08-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #14
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
bikers are the minority of the vehicle world... like cops profiling black people all the time. They aren't always right, but you can't even act like the odds aren't in their favor! And it's okay people, I can say stuff like that, I myself is in fact a black person. I don't know how that makes it okay... it just does. Just roll with it...
good point...cops are human too. and the truth is that most people in general see us as hooligans...if the cop isnt a rider himself, i doubt he sees us much different.

any rider knows that we make up the smallest group of vehicles on the road yet are responsible for such a higher ratio of fatalities. Fact is alot of people out there are giving riders a bad name. Best you can do is ride safe yourself and hope the cops understands.....or rides a motorcycle
Old 08-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #15
the_grey_john

Bike(s):
1999 Honda CBR600 F4

Well, imma black person on a bike. Imagine that! You know how many times I have been pulled over? None actually... but I know "the man" is just waiting, plottin' on my black ...
Old 08-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #16
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Well, imma black person on a bike. Imagine that! You know how many times I have been pulled over? None actually... but I know "the man" is just waiting, plottin' on my black ...
Old 08-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #17
the_grey_john

Bike(s):
1999 Honda CBR600 F4

But seriously, I am a fairly new rider and I mostly found in the Cypress region, the cops are actually pretty laid back out here. Once, a cop finally pulled me over for speeding once I was going faster than him, and he didn't even give me a ticket! But the SW side... I am a little timid to wander into...
Old 08-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #18
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Just stay out of friendswood.

Now Pland I will say is pretty lax, I cruise a good 10-15 over at times and never have had an issue.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #19
chadeaux
Chad-O

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
'09 V Star 950

Member Garage

Quote:

I'm sure you've heard the 'ol "were looking for a black male between the ages of 18 and 86 around 4'11" to 6'5" on a motorcycle-ish type vehicle".
chadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #20
the_grey_john

Bike(s):
1999 Honda CBR600 F4

sometimes, I just wish there were no cops watching the beltways and freeways and stuff, let the rulez of the road govern! tell the cops to go chase a bad guy, or toy or something... (chron.com it. pretty embarrassing stuff...)

Advertisement