MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Got a YSR 50 for tmgp now

well i picked up me a ysr 50 now looking for parts anyone have anything let me know also one question the super sport class is that for YSR's only on endurance races? or will I be in the F7 class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
YSR 50's Englishan Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 5 12-20-2012 10:14 PM
YSR Look. GABRIEL Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 41 01-28-2010 11:47 AM
YSR ?s Jason_Canuck Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 10 04-10-2008 10:21 AM
Just another YSR BigComfy Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 2 12-23-2007 11:20 AM
JR 50 for TMGP? Solracer Taking it to the Track 8 11-14-2007 03:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

congrats Jared! you can endurance it or sprint it in F7. Talk to Phillip Fisher. He can help you witg the 50
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

how do i get ahold of phillip? is he on here?

Quote:
Old 08-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

The only time I've ever been on a track was on a ysr50 with a yz125 engine conversion in it.....good times.....congrats on the purchase, I plan to get one myself some day.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
well i picked up me a ysr 50 now looking for parts anyone have anything let me know also one question the super sport class is that for YSR's only on endurance races? or will I be in the F7 class?
If you endurance race - you'll be in a special class by the name of "Super Sport". It's a dull class and barely sees any entry the whole year.

You'll podium every time, since you'll be the only one.

If you sprint race it - you'll be able to race in every class except motard only. You'll also be the slowest one on the grid in every class . Sorry bud, but YSR era is done done.

If it helps there is a "SuperSport" sprint class just for the YSRs. It was a good class till they started to allow stock F7s - they obviously dominated. (XR100).

Your bike really belongs in SuperSport and F7N and HWF7. Supersport is the only place you have a good chance of podiumin` - unless you learn to ride the wheels of that thing.

Oh and here are the parts I have for this bike:

1) Brake Pads.
2) Front OEM red wheel - with tire laced to it with good tread.
3) Fork Brace.

Take all 3 for $100 - all 3 are hard to find.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

You should have bought a 65. Next season I am going to race with Tim and I'll be lapping you and laughing at your slow every race

Oh, and Lithium Racing just doesn't work. You should go with Corn Hole Racing instead. It fits you much better

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

You'll love it. The YSR is hellafun to ride, and it teaches great skills (like corner speed).

Have fun, get a membership at Katy, and oh yeah, HAVE FUN!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

I know the ysr is slow moe but i got it for HELLA CHEAP and I mean HELLA CHEAP i think it cost me more in gas to drive to the southside to get it than to pay for it lol it is just my first bike I am gonna build a KX 60 for sure but have this to learn the track on first how much is a membership to Katy? and would anyone here want to take me out there one day? lol

and brena I wanted a 65 or prefer a 60 but just dont have the funds yet

and Lithium racing sounds good to me (when i get a kx60) because it will be the medicine to stop Bi-polar LOL

Quote:
Old 08-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #9
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

PM sent Dave

Quote:
Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #10
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
I know the ysr is slow moe but i got it for HELLA CHEAP and I mean HELLA CHEAP i think it cost me more in gas to drive to the southside to get it than to pay for it lol it is just my first bike I am gonna build a KX 60 for sure but have this to learn the track on first how much is a membership to Katy? and would anyone here want to take me out there one day? lol

and brena I wanted a 65 or prefer a 60 but just dont have the funds yet

and Lithium racing sounds good to me (when i get a kx60) because it will be the medicine to stop Bi-polar LOL
Koo...well what ever makes you happy. Like I said their ERA is over.

The membership to Katy is around $350-375 - seach "Gulf Coast Karters" their website is something like racekarts.com. download the form, fill it up, send it - get your card with gate lock code (which has just recently changed). Then go EnJoy!

Now as far as building a KX60 goes - err, let me just warn you. That bike too is on the discontinued, hard to find parts, err not soo competitive list.

Its an F6 bike, and has no way of a chance to fight with the KX65, which as you know is F5. Save yourself the money and get a race ready F5 KX65.

If you really want to race in the F6 class - which is very thin, your better off going with a KLX110 with a 134 kit or a NSR50 with a 60 kit in there. Those are the top F6 bikes currently.

Heck our last race an F6 bike had the "fastest lap time and top speed". Yep even faster the Kx65s!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement