MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #21
Ronnie77

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I to everyone even the old ladies out gardening their lawns or the bicyclists that ride beside each other and take up the entire lane.

My guess is that people with cruisers just aren't aware of this website. I could be wrong.

PS. How did you learn about this website?
friends told me about it
Ronnie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
That feeling ninenine Off Topic 26 03-01-2013 12:54 PM
getting that feeling again... ST675 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 11-11-2011 03:32 PM
Who's feeling emo? babymilo36 Off Topic 1 04-21-2011 01:56 PM
i feeling motivated Badzx14r The Circus 10 08-24-2010 08:39 AM
Feeling Kinda Down Lately FastLine Off Topic 13 04-16-2009 10:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #22
the_grey_john

Bike(s):
1999 Honda CBR600 F4

i saw a streetfight'd out harley on 290 not too long ago, and man, he was keeping up with me like nothing. His bike was all flat black and thermal wrap, blanket for a seat, the whole nine yards! but anyway, in the end, ain't it just we bikers altogether against all the dumbass drivers and bully- cops in the world? We ALL have to stick together man!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:33 PM   #23
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

In its conception, MH was originally meant for EVERY type of rider/motorcycle

But Ive come to realize that most harley guys/cruiser guys dont use the internet as much as the younger sportbike crowd.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #24
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
No hard feelings from me. This older fella at work rides and he tells me some funny stories about his experiences on the Harley. He rides a XB9 also. To me 2 wheels is two wheels. I usually wave to everyone Except trikes

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:30 AM   #25
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

i wave at everyone. I ride both a harley and a kawi. dont matter to me, we are all like a family, riding is something we all love to do. So to me doesnt matter. not i dont wave to the dumbasses that speed by and try to get you to notice them because there on a sportbike, hauling acting like a dumbshit.

oh and Dave mine is for sale

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #26
exlaverda

I would agree cruiser riders are in the minority here, but honestly I don't think it matters... I wave at everybody and will stop and help anybody on two wheels.
'76 Laverda3CL....
PGR rider, and proud of it!
exlaverda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #27
njay1984
3 for 11

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 Yamaha Warrior
03 SV650 track hoe

For me, it's all the Harley riders that have a harley just case it's a Harley, don't know about how to ride, and treat me and others like I am some lesser individual because I choose to ride an import, I am on a cruiser too, and most HD guys look at it like it's a POS just cause it's a Yami, even though I feel it's a much better machine in all aspects

kind of like GSXR owners
thinkin they are hot just cause they got what they got

I still wave at everyone though, even t oour scooter bretheren
Old 08-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #28
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

I have owned 4 harleys. I have no problem with them.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #29
eyeagainstall
lets play a game?!

Bike(s):
SHADOW 07'

Send a message via AIM to eyeagainstall Send a message via Yahoo to eyeagainstall
well i went to a bar in katy and it was a all harley bar and i ride a 07 shadow and they told me i was in the wrong bar its harleys only.... so i simple told them like i would tell anyone, i dont give a ****. love or leave it! but **** off...
its the i dont give att. that makes it all better once you start not really worrying about wut ppl think about us HOGGER's or wether they get along with us things will be alot easier.... trust me man, they look at me all diffrent but once i sit down and they start to talk to me is like they dont give a **** about wut you ride... i say, dont judge a book by its cover...open the ****er and read it! " in other words ppl who ****in ride sport bikes, need to see us all as fam' and stop thinkin sport bikes are to good for us HOG riders.....ITS ALL FAM'!!
eyeagainstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #30
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

I dont like Harleys, period. I dont like they way they look, and HATE how they sound ESPECIALLY with no mufflers. I dont dislike a person because they own/ride one, but I get SO much attitude from 90% of Harley riders that I dont ride an "American" bike. Most Harley guys I have come across are closed minded and intolerant of anything outside their own little world.

There are 2 thing I can think of that fueled my dislike of Harleys:
1: Growing up, EVERYONE always talked about how fast Harleys were. I actually bought into that notion until I was about 12, then realized the insane amount of I was fed.

2. Harleys have always seemed to be exempt from the law. If I ran open headers on my car, I would get 5 tickets in the 1st day. Open pipes on a Harley (loud enough to shake windows) is ignored. Bars too high? LE doesnt care. Rake too extreme? LE doesnt care. If I have a turn signal out on my sport bike, SWAT is called. I've been pulled over for having only one headlight! They didnt believe the other light is my brights! Cops being afraid to issue a ticket to Harley riders has always gotten on my nerves, and has helped breed content.
gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #31
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

we have a group pf guys that all ride different nikes. I dont care who rides with us, last ride we went on it was sport bikes and cruisers all different make and models. It all about being on 2 wheels.

Chris H
Old 08-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #32
jumpinfly
umm yea sure

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05' Harley Davidson 883XL low. Sold
06' R6 Raven, FOR SALE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
I dont like Harleys, period. I dont like they way they look, and HATE how they sound ESPECIALLY with no mufflers. I dont dislike a person because they own/ride one, but I get SO much attitude from 90% of Harley riders that I dont ride an "American" bike. Most Harley guys I have come across are closed minded and intolerant of anything outside their own little world.

There are 2 thing I can think of that fueled my dislike of Harleys:
1: Growing up, EVERYONE always talked about how fast Harleys were. I actually bought into that notion until I was about 12, then realized the insane amount of I was fed.

2. Harleys have always seemed to be exempt from the law. If I ran open headers on my car, I would get 5 tickets in the 1st day. Open pipes on a Harley (loud enough to shake windows) is ignored. Bars too high? LE doesnt care. Rake too extreme? LE doesnt care. If I have a turn signal out on my sport bike, SWAT is called. I've been pulled over for having only one headlight! They didnt believe the other light is my brights! Cops being afraid to issue a ticket to Harley riders has always gotten on my nerves, and has helped breed content.
id have to agree with your second point.

as far as the first point, yeah and maybe. some harley riders(NOT ALL) feel that "if it dont say HD it dont matter." me for that matter, love to ride sport bike and crusiers. i own a harley but its the smallest and (slowly but surely) lightest bike harley makes. i personally like the style of the old stripped down harleys, but thats just my .02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
tyler doesnt wash his bike, he just paints it again.
jumpinfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #33
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

i grew up on the back of an 81 wide glide and a 79 flh. both very cool hogs. now i ride a triumph and i get from all around. lol. american bike guys and bike guys.
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #34
monkeyfist
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
yours

User is banned

monkeyfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #35
the_grey_john

Bike(s):
1999 Honda CBR600 F4

I must say, there is biker bar next to where I work, and these dudes cruise all on the sidewalk in front of the business and get all loud and actually just sit in the parking lot and jus rev engines for like 30 min. Its a pain...
Its not the bike that is a problem, but the people on them, just like performance cars, the guy who takes his headers off his civic or gets a cherry bomb muffler and decides to go annoying everyone. Don't judge bikes, just the prices and the people on them.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #36
jrob
cheers

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

its nothing personal. ive never had anything against harleys...until i started riding a sport bike. i used to always wave at every bike i saw. especially harleys to make the point that we're all friends here. then i started getting the glaring looks and no wave. ive actually had a dude give me the old one finger wave back!!! ive also been told by a harley rider in a bar that my bike was "bullshit" and "if you aint got a harley you aint got " sorry but that kinda ruined your whole scene for me. and the lack of gear amongst 80% of your riders is...

like i said absolutley nothing personal. i still give everyone a chance. just dont go out of my way anymore to get insulted.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #37
Ronnie77

Bike(s):
2008 Night Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
you say that abotu being black sheep but what about when we are all on the roads and you cruiser boys dont' wave back at us or shake your heads because we are on a sport bike

I see it more and more. just seems like there is some sort of tension between sport bikes and cruisers. some weeks everyone is waving at everyone others not a single cruiser boy is scum enough to wave at a "crotch rocket".

btw I want a Harley lol. just stating what i see
honestly i am far from any other "harley guy" that you are talking about along with everyone else and i am kinda ashamed at that fact at least if thats how they treat you guys on sport bikes......but the whole point of this thread was to see if as a harley guy i was in fact out of place on this site....and after a few honest opinions i think im ok hangin here.....
Old 08-19-2008, 11:19 PM   #38
Ronnie77

Bike(s):
2008 Night Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_grey_john View Post
i saw a streetfight'd out harley on 290 not too long ago, and man, he was keeping up with me like nothing. His bike was all flat black and thermal wrap, blanket for a seat, the whole nine yards! but anyway, in the end, ain't it just we bikers altogether against all the dumbass drivers and bully- cops in the world? We ALL have to stick together man!
you said it man!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:34 PM   #39
njay1984
3 for 11

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'07 Yamaha Warrior
03 SV650 track hoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
oh so the harley boys hate on the other cruisers too? i thought yall were like a little clan of haters together lol.
yup

I know a lot of cruiser guys hate, but I am not one of them. but Yeah to most Harley guys the bike is either an HD or it's not a "real bike"

Old 08-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #40
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_grey_john View Post

Did he have on a flat black/or gloss black helmet? Or any gear??

Chris H

Advertisement