Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





AMA (spoiler) VIR

Mladin is so completely dominate. The man is a machine, and I think he is getting faster/ better/ more consistent!

Another notable note, VIR looks like it sucks now! I don't think I'd want to go back there to ride, let alone race. Needs a complete repave I'd surmise.

Supersport looked like a hodge-podge of riders. Once again, I was surprised to see Herrin not finish the job. I guess he's still young and learning, but I think his potential could be great.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMA Supersport Laguna Seca (Spoiler) Faylaricia Taking it to the Track 13 09-17-2007 10:59 AM
lol at ama race today *SPOILER* inside paniro187 Taking it to the Track 32 09-05-2007 08:21 AM
AMA Battle for Leader - Cali Spoiler Faylaricia Taking it to the Track 28 05-24-2007 11:38 AM
press pass pics from VIR, ama RACER X Taking it to the Track 5 08-25-2006 02:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova

Imagine if he is disqualified.



AMA SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE #16 RESULTS ARE PROVISIONAL

August 17, 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Today's results from round 16 of the AMA Superbike Championship race at VIR are provisional, pending the outcome of a technical inspection of the crankshaft in the Rockstar Makita Suzuki ridden to the win by Mat Mladin. The crankshaft in question will be compared to other production crankshafts from the same model at AMA headquarters in Pickerington, Ohio. The results of the inspection will be made available as soon as they are complete.
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





what a crash fest! good racing tho!
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
dhdrider
Senior Member
 
dhdrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,719


Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W









Yep. I saw 2 things.

1) Mladin and his bike had the set up and were not going to be caught.

2) Spies can place 2nd the last 3 races (w/o a pole or laps led point) and still win the championship. So, unless he feels like he has a kick- set-up and is "feeling it" don't expect him to do anything but ride for 2nd place. (can you blame him?)

Haven't watched the SS race yet, so no comment.
__________________
- Jason

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





uh-oh! are they thinking he cheated or was he just waay more comfy with the track surface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post

Imagine if he is disqualified.



AMA SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE #16 RESULTS ARE PROVISIONAL

August 17, 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Today's results from round 16 of the AMA Superbike Championship race at VIR are provisional, pending the outcome of a technical inspection of the crankshaft in the Rockstar Makita Suzuki ridden to the win by Mat Mladin. The crankshaft in question will be compared to other production crankshafts from the same model at AMA headquarters in Pickerington, Ohio. The results of the inspection will be made available as soon as they are complete.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





I don't think they'll find anything. I could be wrong though...

If he's a cheater, he just lost all of the respect that I had given back to him after he gained respect from me this past year.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I don't think they'll find anything. I could be wrong though...

If he's a cheater, he just lost all of the respect that I had given back to him after he gained respect from me this past year.
well, if he is, add to the list on this year

Rapp - kawi
Hayes - Honda
Rapp - again
Bostrom - Yamaha, he passed lol
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





The Rapp and Hayes things really me off- those guys don't need to cheat! Of course the Rapp deal was something kindof silly iirc, something like an airbox mod or something I think... still.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
DirtyRed
Member
 
DirtyRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 40












Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Another notable note, VIR looks like it sucks now! I don't think I'd want to go back there to ride, let alone race. Needs a complete repave I'd surmise.
I rode VIR around July last year. I don't think the surface has degraded that much - they need to push tire wall at T4 and give some better runoff around the hogpen before they do a repave. It's already a FAST track and repaves just make it crazy fast.
DirtyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #10
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
I rode VIR around July last year. I don't think the surface has degraded that much - they need to push tire wall at T4 and give some better runoff around the hogpen before they do a repave. It's already a FAST track and repaves just make it crazy fast.
I rode it several years ago, and I don't remember it being like that at all (the way it looked on TV). Maybe it's just the TV? But there were a LOT of unusual crashes, especially in Super Sport.

It looks like a bunch of walls were a lot closer than I remember too...
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #11
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor
 
SCRC John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 2,747

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
The Rapp and Hayes things really me off- those guys don't need to cheat! Of course the Rapp deal was something kindof silly iirc, something like an airbox mod or something I think... still.
First time was a illegal tire. The second was for a illegal cylinder head.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #12
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
First time was a illegal tire. The second was for a illegal cylinder head.
Couldn't remember what the dealio was... still, not cool!
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #13
DirtyRed
Member
 
DirtyRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 40












VIR was my "home" track when I was stationed at the Pentagon. I think it's always had some areas (in all of it's configurations) when you're off the line, you're in a world of hurt - T1 & T7 (the uphill righthander after the bridge) on the north config specifically. It was unusual seeing Yates crash, and t4 is a bit rough, but not unlike anything around here. I think Yates crash in race 2 was just from him tucking the front - a great turn to trail into and get set up for the esses/backstraight.
DirtyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
CLETUS
Jungle Racing
 
CLETUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,275












I don't think I have ever seen so many low and high sides in one race then I did on the SB1, SB2, and SS. I can't wait until Tuesday when they air FX and Superstock. I hope that Yates doesn't go down again.
I think that the Superstock race needs to be called the Suzukistock race. One Honda, one Yamaha, and 28 Suzuki's.
__________________
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!
CLETUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 PM   #15
tarosean
Senior Member
 
tarosean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madisonville
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 807

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit









Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
2) Spies can place 2nd the last 3 races (w/o a pole or laps led point) and still win the championship. So, unless he feels like he has a kick- set-up and is "feeling it" don't expect him to do anything but ride for 2nd place. (can you blame him?)


Unfortunately thats what really sucks about AMA right now... All he can hope for is that spies has a get off or a realllllllly bad day.

Spies definitely looked like he was riding on the edge (race 1) and was close to going down untill he craped his pants a bit and slowed her down..
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy