Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
BigBluebandit
Big bandit Man

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
02 bandit 1200

Send a message via Yahoo to BigBluebandit
Smile Gpack or jet stage 1?

I want to mod my ride which is a abndit 1200...but what would the real effect of a g pack be on my bike vs jetting it with a stage 1 kit? if yall know tell me please....Experience and advice welcome!!
BigBluebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a photo of its current stage :) 5star-zx6r General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 01-17-2010 03:15 AM
stage 3 jet kit? callmefong How To's and Q & A's 3 07-07-2009 11:49 AM
stage dive!!! flip326 Off Topic 3 01-22-2006 03:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

You need to get with Motorcycles Unlimited (PM "Patrick") and ask. He has personally owned one (or more) of that bike, and has done tons of customer mods on them.

Simply jetting a bike without other mods will likely not yield any gains for you. If you add a full exhaust (not slip-on) and a freer flowing filter, you'll get some gain then with a jet kit.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
BigBluebandit
Big bandit Man

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
02 bandit 1200

Send a message via Yahoo to BigBluebandit
Ok great thanks man!! what ya think....a KnN Hi flo be better then the OEM I have on there....as the DnD is only mod I have done to it
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBluebandit View Post
Ok great thanks man!! what ya think....a KnN Hi flo be better then the OEM I have on there....as the DnD is only mod I have done to it
D&D slip on? If it's not a full system, as mentioned, you likely won't see any benefit. As far as a filter, I only use BMC, they have given me (and my team) the highest yield horsepower wise (on the dyno) than any other filter.

Now, if you have a slip-on and add the BMC filter, a re-jet will probably benefit you some (possibly a lot).

PM "Patrick" and see what he has to say- he's got a lot of experience with this particular bike, and can probably tell you off the top of his head what direction you should go with it