MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to OutlawDCustoMs
hey hey motorcycle test!!!

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...70837436152068

Last edited by OutlawDCustoMs; 11-08-2005 at 11:07 AM.
OutlawDCustoMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hey hey! OutlawDCustoMs General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-09-2010 05:43 PM
Hey T BigComfy Off Topic 11 06-26-2008 03:45 PM
Hey... GABRIEL General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 06-26-2008 08:25 AM
HEY EVERYONE ratmzapa Off Topic 58 07-31-2006 01:41 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
AdamC

Yamaha FJR1300
You scored 4 moxie, 8 zeal, and 3 pomp!
You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.
You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?
AdamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #3
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Harley 883 Sportster
You scored 2 moxie, 5 zeal, and 2 pomp!
You scored dead center average, lacking any of the personality quirks that normally drive people to motorcycling.
However, if you do ride, statistics would suggest that you are destined for a Harley-Davidson, probably something in the Softail line.

You might have noticed that's a lot of moolah for an (arguably) obsolete piece of machinery, and you're too rational and attitude-free to need the Biggest and Baddest that the marketeers tell you to buy. A far more reasonably priced taste of the Harley Kool-Aid is the 883 Sporty, a fun little beast that leaves you with plenty of cash to customize.

On the other hand, the only reason I'm bringing up the Harley-Davidson product line at all is due to the fact that Harley is the choice most people think of when they consider getting into motorcycling, and that's mostly because they don't know much about the alternatives.

Thought experiment: if you were the only person left on earth, and you could pick any motorcycle you wanted, what would you choose? Best looking or best engineered? Your test results don't really point in any direction strongly, so I'll try to nudge you towards substance over style.

Consider: a FXST Softail weighs 629lbs dry, the base version starts around $14k, and will make 75-80hp -- after you tweak it with pipes and a jet kit. A Buell XB12R weighs 395lbs dry, costs $10.5k and makes 103hp, stock. An Aprilia Tuono R weighs 417lbs, costs $12k, and makes 125hp, stock. (We won't even mention the bang for buck of the Japanese competitors.) Still a fan of retro-classic styling? Then at least consider Harley's V-Rod, which mixes in some modern engineering into the equation (596lbs, 125hp, $17k).

While the Sportster is a reasonable compromise, you may discover that you enjoy the added feedback provided by standard-style bikes such as the Suzuki SV or the Ducati Monster. (If you must hang with the Harley crowd, they'll be less likely to give you grief if you choose the Buell, though.)

You have the potential to be a great rider. Take the MSF class, and choose a bike that won't hold you back!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
nels

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

i got the same^^
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:45 AM   #5
theskill

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'03 VFR

Send a message via AIM to theskill
Same as Swift, except 1 pomp.
theskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:57 AM   #6
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

Ducati Monster
You scored 3 moxie, 3 zeal, and 7 pomp!
You're a bit of a snob, but otherwise well-adjusted.
Your bike is the Ducati Monster. Sexy. Powerful. Agile. Italian style in a badass matte black.

Of all the test takers, you are most likely to have been hoping for your result to indicate that your bike is a Harley. It isn't. Sorry. (Nope...didnt wish I had a Harley...maybe in 20 years) You show the potential to become a superior rider, and you need a bike that encourages and rewards your learning. The Harley will just hold you back, and you'll have nagging feelings that something is wrong.

The Suzuki SV series is also a good bet, but it wouldn't appeal to you. Far too Common.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #7
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Harley 883 Sportster
You scored 1 moxie, 4 zeal, and -2 pomp!
You scored dead center average, lacking any of the personality quirks that normally drive people to motorcycling.
However, if you do ride, statistics would suggest that you are destined for a Harley-Davidson, probably something in the Softail line.

You might have noticed that's a lot of moolah for an (arguably) obsolete piece of machinery, and you're too rational and attitude-free to need the Biggest and Baddest that the marketeers tell you to buy. A far more reasonably priced taste of the Harley Kool-Aid is the 883 Sporty, a fun little beast that leaves you with plenty of cash to customize.

On the other hand, the only reason I'm bringing up the Harley-Davidson product line at all is due to the fact that Harley is the choice most people think of when they consider getting into motorcycling, and that's mostly because they don't know much about the alternatives.

Thought experiment: if you were the only person left on earth, and you could pick any motorcycle you wanted, what would you choose? Best looking or best engineered? Your test results don't really point in any direction strongly, so I'll try to nudge you towards substance over style.

Consider: a FXST Softail weighs 629lbs dry, the base version starts around $14k, and will make 75-80hp -- after you tweak it with pipes and a jet kit. A Buell XB12R weighs 395lbs dry, costs $10.5k and makes 103hp, stock. An Aprilia Tuono R weighs 417lbs, costs $12k, and makes 125hp, stock. (We won't even mention the bang for buck of the Japanese competitors.) Still a fan of retro-classic styling? Then at least consider Harley's V-Rod, which mixes in some modern engineering into the equation (596lbs, 125hp, $17k).

While the Sportster is a reasonable compromise, you may discover that you enjoy the added feedback provided by standard-style bikes such as the Suzuki SV or the Ducati Monster. (If you must hang with the Harley crowd, they'll be less likely to give you grief if you choose the Buell, though.)

You have the potential to be a great rider. Take the MSF class, and choose a bike that
Old 11-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

I scored an Aprilia RSV Mille
You scored 9 moxie, 5 zeal, and 8 pomp!

You're a fast and competent rider, but maybe not quite as good as you think you are. You've spent some big bucks on a sexy Aprilia, now go buy a beat-up Kawasaki EX500 as a track bike and get in some practice before you kill yourself.
Seriously. The Mille's power scares the out of you at times, and you mostly bought it because you wanted something more unusual than a Ducati. Its not comfortable, you're not having fun, and you're riding less than you did on your old bike. If you're not willing to put in some serious practice time, you should really get something a little less purposefully lethal.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #9
Racer X 05

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

FJR1300 got almost the same as AdamC
Old 11-08-2005, 02:51 PM   #10
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

lol im a squid with a 600

600cc Sportbike
You scored 11 moxie, -2 zeal, and 4 pomp!
You are a squid. Your bike is a 600cc Japanese Sportbike. Take your pick, it really doesn't matter, since you're going to wad it.
You are the primary source of extra bits of fairing plastic on eBay.

When you're riding in the mountains, you have a hard time keeping up with that Olde Pharte on a Triumph Thruxton without blowing the centerline in the twisties and going WFO on every straight. (You're not a bad rider, but you're just not as good as you think you are.)

On a hot day, you're likely to be seen weaving through highway traffic at warp speed, wearing sneakers and a t-shirt blowing up your back.

The good news for you is that this is a temporary phase in your riding career. You will either (a) buzzsplat or (b) become more acutely conscious of your own mortality after a few minor but eye-openingly lucky crashes.

Take it to the track. You'll live longer.

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 94% on moxie

You scored higher than 23% on zeal

You scored higher than 52% on pomp

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:58 PM   #11
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Ducati ST4s
You scored 5 moxie, 9 zeal, and 7 pomp!
You love riding, simply for the sake of riding. On the way to work, you sometimes find yourself taking the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. Your mastery came about as a side effect from your love of the sport, although to be honest, you originally got into it because you thought a motorcycle would make you look cool.
You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as reasonably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Because you are a bit image-conscious and have a touch of ego, your bike is a Ducati. A practical Ducati, but a Ducati nonetheless.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #12
ajbmwr1100s

Member Garage

You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #13
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
test was gay!!
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #14
ajbmwr1100s

Member Garage

^^^^^lol
Old 11-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #15
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

lol, what did you score pete =b
Old 11-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #16
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

This is Trey, he just took it:
600cc sportbike
You scored 9 moxie, 1 zeal, and 4 pomp!
You are a squid. Your bike is a 600cc Japanese Sportbike. Take your pick, it really doesn't matter, since you're going to wad it.
You are the primary source of extra bits of fairing plastic on eBay.

When you're riding in the mountains, you have a hard time keeping up with that Olde Pharte on a Triumph Thruxton without blowing the centerline in the twisties and going WFO on every straight. (You're not a bad rider, but you're just not as good as you think you are.)

On a hot day, you're likely to be seen weaving through highway traffic at warp speed, wearing sneakers and a t-shirt blowing up your back.

The good news for you is that this is a temporary phase in your riding career. You will either (a) buzzsplat or (b) become more acutely conscious of your own mortality after a few minor but eye-openingly lucky crashes.

Take it to the track. You'll live longer.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:30 AM   #17
DuBwEaR
Agent PIMP

Bike(s):
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

Member Garage

You're a bit of a snob, but otherwise well-adjusted.
Your bike is the Ducati Monster. Sexy. Powerful. Agile. Italian style in a badass matte black. :eh:

i think i'll stick with my ninja 750
1995 Honda Shadow VLX
2004 Nissan Frontier XE
DuBwEaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #18
mightymouse

What a bunch of i wouldn't be cought dead riding a Harley 883 Sportster :BangHead:
mightymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #19
PORSCHITO

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
Yamaha R1
You scored 1moxie, 9 zeal, and 9 pomp!
your a descent rider you need to be rewarded with the best bike....

I knew i made the right decision lol....
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 AM   #20
05cbreezy636
lean with it

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
05 636 track

i got the mille
05cbreezy636 is offline   Reply With Quote