MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





Wanna start doing some modificatons to my 250...

So i got the fever of selling my 250 to get me an 08 R6....then I had to rethink everything...

Im keeping her until i get more practice...

Either way...i want to start making modification to my bike, from the smallest to eventually bigger mods....

I want to to start with the fender...GQ* might be able to help me out this Saturday...but just in case he is busy...any one know how to do a home made fender eliminator...with new lights possibly?? and how much would it cost me??

I'll buy the beer!!!
BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
250 Rodeo Wheelie Save-Race Start MSRH LW Endurance 2015 Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-07-2015 02:44 PM
2001 cbr 929rr no start ign switch broken what wire goes were so i can start it rparker1978 How To's and Q & A's 9 09-01-2014 11:50 PM
Dirtay Partay IV- "I wanna beer, and I wanna see sumthin nekkid." Sat, Sept 19! Squoddybody Off Topic 494 10-20-2012 11:12 AM
i wanna ride i wanna ride i wanna ride.... north side Jerzey Events, Meets and Rides 8 09-30-2010 10:42 PM
I dont wanna pickle...just wanna ride my motorcycle! jrob Off Topic 4 05-17-2009 09:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Cody_Rules
this.
 
Cody_Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: S.E. side
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,850

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
i would ride it how it is, me personally would pay it off and buy another new bike... buts thats just me cause the 250 would make a great commuter
__________________
cody Rules
Cody_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Rules View Post
i would ride it how it is, me personally would pay it off and buy another new bike... buts thats just me cause the 250 would make a great commuter
that's what im thinking of doing...seems like a good choice...

but i wanna make it look good too...more than it already does that is...
BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
throws some "D"s on that b***h!

and a pipe while your at it


or sell it to the new guy coletower...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61694

then buy your CBR
__________________
[CENTER][IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2174/48830454.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer!! View Post
throws some "D"s on that b***h!

and a pipe while your at it


or sell it to the new guy coletower...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61694

then buy your CBR
i was actually thinking about selling it to him and getting me an 08 R6...but then i started thinking, or more like listening to my wife and GQ*...

I have a house refinance coming up, if i get into more debt, it will probably make a difference when the refinance is in progress...

Also, i need more practice i think...i've only gotten 1154 miles on the 250...im pretty sure i need more than that....
BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
ah yea, you better wait and get your CBR then...would only make sense
__________________
[CENTER][IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2174/48830454.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer!! View Post
ah yea, you better wait and get your CBR then...would only make sense
lol...for your CBR? i'll give you $2.00, a piece of chewed bubble gum...and....a piece of lint from my work pants...wait...not the lint...i may need that later...
BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #8
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM250R View Post
lol...for your CBR? i'll give you $2.00, a piece of chewed bubble gum...and....a piece of lint from my work pants...wait...not the lint...i may need that later...
lmao, no i meant your new bike will be a cbr...you couldn't handle my monster anyway (no-)

but what about adding a pipe and some LEDs to make it faster?
__________________
[CENTER][IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2174/48830454.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer!! View Post
lmao, no i meant your new bike will be a cbr...you couldn't handle my monster anyway (no-)

but what about adding a pipe and some LEDs to make it faster?
Oh yeah I know the 900. Would be too much. It was between the 08 CBR and the 08 R6. I chose the R6.

I heard that if you had the pipe AND the LEDs you gain 10 up and tons is posing points

But seriously I do wanna change the pipe but eventually...LEDs sound good too but dunno which to buy...or how to add them..well at least add them and actually stay on LOL. Plus if I can get them done cheap it would be awesome.

Last edited by BMoreno; 08-13-2008 at 09:39 PM.
BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #10
Blue91
10.13.07
 
Blue91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,217

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Fender eliminator is easy. I made mine from a license plate/inspection sticker mounting plate (like $10 from cycle shop). I drilled the inspection plate part to mount to the bike where the stocker mounted, then bent it down at an angle. I then mounted another inspection plate to it. I don't have any good pics of it but I can try to take a few tomorrow. It's EASY to make. I used two pieces of 90deg angle brackets for my turn signals.

http://pomofo.com/R6-1.jpg

You can barely see it here. I used two reflectors at the bottom and two led light bolts at the top of the plate which also holds the turn signals in place. Overall, with the signals, led bolts (got them on sale), and the inspection plates, I have like $30 into it and I like it more than many of the aftermarket units since I didn't have to drill any new holes in the plastics and I have actual plate lights and inspection sticker near the plate (instead of on swingarm which can get you hassled by the LEOs).
__________________
gixxerbill - MotoHouston.com's Lifetime Intolerance Award Winner

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #11
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
Fender eliminator is easy. I made mine from a license plate/inspection sticker mounting plate (like $10 from cycle shop). I drilled the inspection plate part to mount to the bike where the stocker mounted, then bent it down at an angle. I then mounted another inspection plate to it. I don't have any good pics of it but I can try to take a few tomorrow. It's EASY to make. I used two pieces of 90deg angle brackets for my turn signals.

http://pomofo.com/R6-1.jpg

You can barely see it here. I used two reflectors at the bottom and two led light bolts at the top of the plate which also holds the turn signals in place. Overall, with the signals, led bolts (got them on sale), and the inspection plates, I have like $30 into it and I like it more than many of the aftermarket units since I didn't have to drill any new holes in the plastics and I have actual plate lights and inspection sticker near the plate (instead of on swingarm which can get you hassled by the LEOs).
Definitely like it I saw the pic and it's just what I need. Any chance you have written instructions??
BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #12
BMoreno
Formerly BM250r
 
BMoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,911

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
None




Member Garage





BMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!
 
matemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosharon
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,070

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out



Member Garage


Def save your money for the upgrade to a bigger bike. You won't regret it.
__________________
Slow is smooth..smooth is fast
matemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy