MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
Croe
Kogasamaru (Fate changer)

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Kawasaki 08 z1000

Send a message via Yahoo to Croe
Angry The broken Helmet bracket blue's

I just so happen to have dropped my helmet and one of the plastic brackets poped off and is broken now my visor either goes on wrong and is jutting out or flaps in the wind. I thought about super glue because i dont want to buy a new set of brackets because i just got this helmet. All and all im kinda sad about my helmet being broken because i really like it. I got cheap super glue and tryied to fix it and it came right off...i was thinking some gorilla grip or somthin. Anyway i thought id share my displeasure of having to get another bracket with my fellow riders.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Helmet myths broken by Arai Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 05-15-2014 04:05 PM
Broken footpeg bracket 07 ZX6R Marlon How To's and Q & A's 12 04-19-2011 10:10 PM
Broken Mounting Clip On KBC Helmet tommyg Gear Talk 3 11-25-2009 06:03 PM
Bracket Roadracing Racer997 Taking it to the Track 9 02-23-2009 04:26 PM
To the guy on the blue/black gsxr with the white icon helmet Brena23 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-02-2008 10:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

take a very close look at that helmet.....sometimes one little drop is all it takes to make it junk.....also, brackets should only run you about 10 bucks for the set
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Get the brackets, you got that nice Bike and super glue holding your helmet together.
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Croe
Kogasamaru (Fate changer)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Kawasaki 08 z1000

Send a message via Yahoo to Croe
lol so true, im gonna get the brackets but i gatta order em ^_^ so now i play the waiting game. Yeah i see your point man great bike > helmet held together with super glue lol I was just kinda about the whole thing because i didnt think i dropped it that hard. Oh well im just waiting a couple days for brackets for a Cyber helm now.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Usually all the peripherals can come off easily(whether trim covers over the lense hinges) or weakened points of the lense itself. Lenses usually stay together, the hinges come apart in accidents as a weak point(you dont want a lense to shatter close to your eyes.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

that blows

i did the same thing with my Scorpion Black Dahlia...i feel your pain. thank goodness a friend of mine had a spare helmet that fit me and he's letting me borrow it until i can buy a new one. i just didn't feel righ about wearing it after the dropp since you really never know

Advertisement