MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 560 Supermoto, Ktm 450 supermoto
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto
A whole wharehouse full..

Supermoto Austin Texas Oct 11th 2008

Ok guys and gals. I just got word from the man himself. Looks like we will have amature racing along with the pro's on OCT 11th. The course has changed and moved. Go to www.Armadillosupermoto.com to see the new course. The promotors would like to get a head count. So if you are planning on racing please email them from their web site to let them know you are coming. Looks as if we have some guys coming from Oklahoma as well. If this is a good showing there will be more races. So far the date is Oct 11th. Still working on times and classes. Im pretty shure we will have a mini class also. I built a mini so he better have a class HA!! Wes
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oct. 11th - 13th class of 2013 DogofWar883 Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 0 12-03-2013 05:09 PM
Basic Bike Maintenance Workshop Oct. 11th! Patrick How To's and Q & A's 28 10-22-2008 04:18 PM
Austin Texas Supermoto Head count?? ktmracer Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 1 09-08-2008 02:30 PM
Austin Texas oct 10th 11th 12th Now ktmracer Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 7 08-25-2008 07:28 AM
OCC BIKE SHOW TOUR 2006 in Austin Texas Oct 27-29th 2006 ruthlessimage Events, Meets and Rides 0 10-04-2006 03:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Interested. Thanks for the information!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
so total newbs can come out and give it a shot ?
oct going to be an expensive busy month for me
cresson 5th
this possibly 11th
gss 25/26

lol just looked at track and website .. wtf was i think id get dominated out there plus i havent even TRIED to jump that crazy thing ... oh ya id die for sure... id like to watch someone like jody out there though

Last edited by mekrew; 08-12-2008 at 05:30 PM.
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Come on Mekrew. R U A roadracer or a supermoto guy. Just do it!!! You can go to other roadraces. This is downtown Austin. 1 Time . 1 Race. And maybe more next year if there is a good turn out. If nobody shows? What good is it to the promotor to care about amatures? He wants to have more races but it has been a poor showing.... DO IT!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew View Post
so total newbs can come out and give it a shot ?
oct going to be an expensive busy month for me
cresson 5th
this possibly 11th
gss 25/26

lol just looked at track and website .. wtf was i think id get dominated out there plus i havent even TRIED to jump that crazy thing ... oh ya id die for sure... id like to watch someone like jody out there though
well im sorry homie. but im not gonna be racin anything that has to do with jumps or whoops anymore from this point on. i was hospitalized back in December 2007 with 2 ruptured discs in my lower back. i am just now getting back to normal somewhat... but still not 100% and dont know if i ever will be. i decided to give up the dirt for good. sold my dirtbike and now i have slicks on my mtn. bike which i ride thru the asphault bike trails of the woodlands 15 miles a day. im just now getting to where i can go to the gym and workout without severe pain & swelling afterwards. it took me 7 months to get to this point and i dont wanna **** it up again. laying in a hospital bed for 10 days unable to move was no picnic. the morphin was good, but when i came out... i knew id never be the same again.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:19 AM   #6
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Sorry to hear of your misfortune there Jody. I feel your pain. Sorta have the same thing here. Took me a long time to decide how i wanted to go also. I finally had to realize that 50 years old and racing donot mix like it did back in my days. So i had to make that decision also. Thats why i only do select events on an amature level now. No dought i can hang with the pro's and they dont scare me but shure hurts when i fall. Note! Not to often but once in a while. Thats why i support Thomas and the DNA guys. I get just as much fun and pride knowing that i got an up and coming young man that can run with the best as long as i can keep his motor and bike together. His ordeal with Tony Hart this past weekend sorta spooked him and i can only emagine why. He was the first to Tony to try to help him. It can happen to any of us. If you cant race come out and flag,track support . You can do something and not feel left out.. Email skip off the armadillo site. He would be mucho appreciative for the help... Wes
Old 08-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #7
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post
Sorry to hear of your misfortune there Jody. I feel your pain. Sorta have the same thing here. Took me a long time to decide how i wanted to go also. I finally had to realize that 50 years old and racing donot mix like it did back in my days. So i had to make that decision also. Thats why i only do select events on an amature level now. No dought i can hang with the pro's and they dont scare me but shure hurts when i fall. Note! Not to often but once in a while. Thats why i support Thomas and the DNA guys. I get just as much fun and pride knowing that i got an up and coming young man that can run with the best as long as i can keep his motor and bike together. His ordeal with Tony Hart this past weekend sorta spooked him and i can only emagine why. He was the first to Tony to try to help him. It can happen to any of us. If you cant race come out and flag,track support . You can do something and not feel left out.. Email skip off the armadillo site. He would be mucho appreciative for the help... Wes

yeah. Mike Ingle (Thomas's team mate) is one of my close friends. he told me all about the weekend and Thomas's ordeal with Tony. its very sad to hear news like that. but thats the risks we take doin this kinda stuff. tell Thomas he has to put it behind him if he's gonna be successful in the lites class. i personally will still be riding supermoto bikes on the asphault, they are way too much fun to give up totally. i will continue to work with Ingle to try and help him with his tarmac skills. he has never road raced before and has limited track experience.... so he has alot to learn about goin fast on the pavement. im the one that got him into the sport of supermoto by letting him ride my Aprilia SXV 550 at trackdays around here. i built him a bike to go run Pikes Peak with me and the rest is history... he has been ate up with it since. i hung out with Skip Jones in Galveston and talked with him about the amature aspects of the series and how he can improve the track for them, so i already have all his contact info. i will be at the Austin event helping Mike with his efforts in the Unlimited class. im looking forward to it. Mike is like a little brother to me. i want him to do his best, but at the same time i worry about his " ballz-to-the-wall " attitude. he runs his own real estate company and has new baby girl to raise. i just pray to what happened to Tony, doesnt happen to him. but hey... every man has the right to pursue his dreams and im glad his wife is cool enough to let him do it. but at the same time im fearful he is gonna break his freakin neck. i guess that's big brother in me
Old 08-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #8
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

How are the different classes broken up?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

If the classes are the same as last year there will be novice intermediate and expert classes from the email i got from Skip the promotor. We will find a place for ya....
Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #10
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Quote:
If the classes are the same as last year there will be novice intermediate and expert classes from the email i got from Skip the promotor. We will find a place for ya....
I know my place, it's at the back.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #11
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Man I think I'm going to make a special effort just to try to make it out to this race. We've got to get more of these races in Texas.

Jody do you think you can use some help getting/keeping Mike up and going? I can do just about anything.

Wes have you see this? http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61409
You got screwed out of the last one due to thieves!
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #12
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
Man I think I'm going to make a special effort just to try to make it out to this race. We've got to get more of these races in Texas.

Jody do you think you can use some help getting/keeping Mike up and going? I can do just about anything.

Wes have you see this? http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61409
You got screwed out of the last one due to thieves!
what did u have in mind ?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #13
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
i plan on being there so i could lend a hand as well Jody! even if nothing more than moral support i'll be there! will he be racing both days?
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #14
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Yea i got screwed big time. I got every thing back together at a cost of $9800.00 dollars. I have a bad camera system now and i stay here several nights a week. I built me a 65 supermoto ktm also so i could run the mini's... WOO!!! HOO!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #15
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
i plan on being there so i could lend a hand as well Jody! even if nothing more than moral support i'll be there! will he be racing both days?
he will be racing on Saturday i know for sure
Old 08-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #16
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
I'll do mechanic work, change tires, gas, oil, what ever you or he needs help doing. I don't know if he has any other support but it always help not to be doing all this kind of yourself if you're racing too.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
I'll do mechanic work, change tires, gas, oil, what ever you or he needs help doing. I don't know if he has any other support but it always help not to be doing all this kind of yourself if you're racing too.
sounds like mike will have a full pit crew for this one!
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #18
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yea i got screwed big time. I got every thing back together at a cost of $9800.00 dollars. I have a bad camera system now and i stay here several nights a week. I built me a 65 supermoto ktm also so i could run the mini's... WOO!!! HOO!!!
So are you coming out? You better say yes or I'm going to get Jody to start talking a bunch of with you!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #19
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Jody as i understand it . The pro's have been moved to Sunday. It has not been posted on AMA or SMJ or SMR. I was informed this by the promotor. I think that is better. So all factory teams can watch us so we can show them how its done!!! RIGHT!!! Ya RIGHT!!
Old 08-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #20
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One