MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
maxgs

Member Garage

Akrapovic Exhaust / Servo Limiter

Hey folks,

I need somebody who has done an Akra evo full system single can install on an 07-08 GSXR 1000. The install manual shows a servo motor rotation limiter (P-X16) and a new bracket (part P-X44)for the servo motor case. I'm aware of other installations of this exhaust system wherein the servo limiter and new bracket were not installed. Does anybody know why these steps might be skipped on the install?

AkraParts

Below is the URL for the install manual.

http://www.akrapovic.com/typo3conf/e...06347c7eb0.pdf
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exhaust servo. monstermanus General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-01-2013 06:09 AM
What happens if I unplug my exhaust servo? exalted512 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 05-31-2011 01:38 PM
Akrapovic Exhaust for 2009 CBR600RR Bevo How To's and Q & A's 5 05-11-2009 07:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
beerisdelicous

Feedback Rating: (0)

they removed the mr.fusion! (butterfly baffels?)

curt....youre dumb....

once you hit 121 gigawatts it wount matter anyhow mc.fly
beerisdelicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisdelicous View Post
they removed the mr.fusion! (butterfly baffels?)

curt....youre dumb....

once you hit 121 gigawatts it wount matter anyhow mc.fly
Another high quality response from the peanut gallery. Take a look at the instructions.... the servo that drives the butterfly valves from under the tank is where the servo travel limiter goes....

-Curt
Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Curt, I'm not sure what your questions is. Page 7, item # 7 seems to be clear to me. Get rid of all the stock cables, the stock wheel & limiter ---- install the new supplied bracket and limiter. This is all done @ the servo motor.

I can only guess the reason this is required is because the travel limiting was done at the valve and since the valve is gone the limit is now done with the new bracket and limiter and obviously must be mounted at the servo motor.

Last edited by Radar; 08-10-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
beerisdelicous

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Another high quality response from the peanut gallery. Take a look at the instructions.... the servo that drives the butterfly valves from under the tank is where the servo travel limiter goes....

-Curt
i'll show you high quality nuts next time i see ya at the bar!

pull a boston on ya......"dude i got some gum on my pants!"
beerisdelicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Curt, I'm not sure what your questions is. Page 7, item # 7 seems to be clear to me. Get rid of all the stock cables, the stock wheel & limiter ---- install the new supplied bracket and limiter. This is all done @ the servo motor.

I can only guess the reason this is required is because the travel limiting was done at the valve and since the valve is gone the limit is now done with the new bracket and limiter and obviously must be mounted at the servo motor.
Yes, I agree that's why it WOULD be installed. My question is why would somebody skip that step? It appears to not have been installed on the bike. Weird.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Single exhaust FTMFW IMO...I always hated the huge dual cans the gixxers have. Think a single can would look much better! Cant help you on the install...but you might try PMing Squanto...he knows everything
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Yes, I agree that's why it WOULD be installed. My question is why would somebody skip that step? It appears to not have been installed on the bike. Weird.
So it already had the Akra full system "PRIOR to this discusion, I thought you were doing the install now?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
So it already had the Akra full system "PRIOR to this discusion, I thought you were doing the install now?
Correct, Doug. I suspect I have found the answer. Turns out the some of the gixxer guys, particularly those running Yoshi's, remove not only the butterflies but the servo controller as well. The Yoshi instructions have the installer pull pin 5 (the black/white wire) out of the ECU harness.

The link to the pdf Yoshi instructions...

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/p...df/1117072.pdf
Old 08-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #10
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

That makes sense - glad you got it figured out. Sounds like you can pull the servo motor and get rid of a little more weight!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Correct... its removed all together... the valve improves backpressure for more torque on the stock system then operates to allow flow.

I personally would remove it too when installing a system.