MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 10:29 PM   #21
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDCustoMs
actually i am on team 3 stripe, and i will be back full time later on, i can only do trackdays for now, and i can't ride int he race group yet... i'm trying to argue that point to get me in the race group, cause i hate taking it easy lol, but i guess i have to, then i have to
'Taking it easy' in B group huh? Must be a rough life? Maybe you should do B for a while and work on smoothness and throttle control before trying to hang with the big dogs in A.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:01 AM   #22
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

yea i wouldn’t want to imabaris you..

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:28 AM   #23
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
'Taking it easy' in B group huh? Must be a rough life? Maybe you should do B for a while and work on smoothness and throttle control before trying to hang with the big dogs in A.
same thing i was thinking he did texas world speed way once and the nex ttime he was in the race groups saying he's too fast for anything else.
a bit full of yourself don't you think??? just to bring you down to earth how about the time i beat you at motorsports ranch running backwards?? that was my first time there and running that track backwards. (i did one track day last year running that track the other way for two laps of one session then the whole day was rained out.) you for that weekend did a track day there and ran the two practices. I got there late did the second paractice which was my frist time riding it then i had to race and i beat you even though you went through the track day and both practices the days before. oh yeah i'm on a 1998 zx7r and you're on a 05 r6.........my bike weighs at least 80 lbs more than yours and i weigh at least 50 lbs more than you and i still won not by much but i won.

on the other hand though you did beat me at TWS (Texas World Speedway) of course i was having suspension issues at that time (as carlos gianni and others that saw me during those races could see from the side of the track as my bike wobbled through corners.) but i'll give you that one.

yoiu're a cool cat don't get me wrong but you're so full of yorself it's unbelievable. yoiu're not as fast as you think you are. I'm sure hoping you get there one day............

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown

Last edited by paniro187; 11-09-2005 at 06:50 AM.
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #24
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

syd is pretty fast for someone who just started racing, but i see where everyone else is coming from since syd has crashed in every other track appearance or race.

just take it easy and and check the ego at the door. dont want to wreck your bike in the first session last the last time and be stuck like me with no bike for the next track day. =(
Old 11-09-2005, 02:26 PM   #25
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

werd

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #26
j14
Señor Esmooth...not rich

yeah...just have to take it easy, but the problem is that he can't control the speed I guess. He's fast but that last track day he did just proved that there's nothing wrong w/ his speed but somewhere else...you need to try and work to find that
Old 11-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #27
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

werd... he has a lot to be grateful for... he's walked away from every wreck so far without a scratch... no doubt he fast, but needs more coaching from some of the faster more experienced lstd folks imho...

see you at the track syd...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #28
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

I didn't mean for this to become a windfall of bashing Syd... my comment was meant to just put things in perspective. Everysingle time I've seen you at the track you've crashed, and like Henry said you should be very grateful. Take it easy, don't act like you're track superstar... we all know you're quick. But you need to learn ALOT of things out there on the track that constantly pushing yourself isn't going to help you learn. I think I speak for all of us when I say we don't want to see you get hurt... but with the way you push... you will.

So check your ego... and try working on the finer points, trust me they will make you faster.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #29
paniro187

Quote:
I didn't mean for this to become a windfall of bashing Syd... my comment was meant to just put things in perspective. Everysingle time I've seen you at the track you've crashed, and like Henry said you should be very grateful. Take it easy, don't act like you're track superstar... we all know you're quick. But you need to learn ALOT of things out there on the track that constantly pushing yourself isn't going to help you learn. I think I speak for all of us when I say we don't want to see you get hurt... but with the way you push... you will.

So check your ego... and try working on the finer points, trust me they will make you faster.
not bashing jsut saying i think if he gives his speed and fearlessness time to grow he'll be better than he ever imagined he can be. you go fast too quick you miss the finer points of controlling that speed in between. he's got the tools jsut needs the attitude. two things of which i don't possess.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #30
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

Experience: 3 years

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to OutlawDCustoMs
oh bitter charles how bitter... just because you've been riding longer than me, and i got faster than you in under a year doesn't mean you have to be a about it. I'm not even competitive about it, nor have i takled about how fast i am..... but yet you guys start ya shiet talking. and steve, who said i was a track superstar? did i say i was? did i imply that i am a top rider out there? NOPE!!! I have crashed 3 times on the track and i am greatful i'm not injured. look at the assumptions you jump to right as i said i should be in the race group.... and riding full time i'd love to do now, but i can't, nor will i probably be able to do track days often.

BTW steve the only time i've seen you @ the track was MAYBE TWICE, so your EVERYTIME means a lot to me, truely it does... or not

and for my ego, i posted 3 times and all of a sudden i have an ego... jealousy is a ain't it
Old 11-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #31
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

oh and how about you look and make comments on your own life before you try to bash mine
Old 11-09-2005, 08:40 PM   #32
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

half of you i don't really consider as true friends, so don't come say hi when you see me

Last edited by OutlawDCustoMs; 11-09-2005 at 08:43 PM.
OutlawDCustoMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #33
paniro187

Quote:
oh bitter charles how bitter... just because you've been riding longer than me, and i got faster than you in under a year doesn't mean you have to be a about it. I'm not even competitive about it, nor have i takled about how fast i am..... but yet you guys start ya shiet talking. and steve, who said i was a track superstar? did i say i was? did i imply that i am a top rider out there? NOPE!!! I have crashed 3 times on the track and i am greatful i'm not injured. look at the assumptions you jump to right as i said i should be in the race group.... and riding full time i'd love to do now, but i can't, nor will i probably be able to do track days often.

BTW steve the only time i've seen you @ the track was MAYBE TWICE, so your EVERYTIME means a lot to me, truely it does... or not

and for my ego, i posted 3 times and all of a sudden i have an ego... jealousy is a ain't it
faster than me?? i beat you and you beat me. seems about even to me.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #34
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

you barely beat me hoping a curb, i destroyed you @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) ty
Old 11-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #35
paniro187

Quote:
half of you i don't really consider as true friends, so don't come say hi when you see me
sounds good to me.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #36
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

that's a first, first time a person that's a fake admitts it, at least i have respect for you for that
Old 11-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #37
paniro187

Quote:
you barely beat me hoping a curb, i destroyed you @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) ty
didn't hop a curb and uhmm i beat you on a track i never rode and only had one 10 minute practice session on yet you did the track day on friday and had two 10 minute practices. LOL and i still beat you. by the way believe it or not you've ridden TWS (Texas World Speedway) a whole lot more times than i have. No biggie this was something jus tto bring you down to earth and i'm sure i was jsut saying things that i KNOW other people were thinking. you're talking big like you're running up front or something.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #38
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
steve, who said i was a track superstar? did i say i was? did i imply that i am a top rider out there? NOPE!!! I have crashed 3 times on the track and i am greatful i'm not injured. look at the assumptions you jump to right as i said i should be in the race group.... and riding full time i'd love to do now, but i can't, nor will i probably be able to do track days often.

Do you honestly think I'm jealous of you? :laughing6 I'm jealous of no one. My life is fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing.

Unfortunately I only did 5 trackdays this year... but I have other responsibilities including a wife, mortgage, two vehicle payments and saving for retirement. I prioritize and if I can only do 5 trackdays, then so be it.

I didn't make assumptions, you make statements.

Quote:
i'm trying to argue that point to get me in the race group, cause i hate taking it easy lol, but i guess i have to
What does that imply? I read it as you think you're too fast for the B group... and judging by others comments, I'm not the only one. This isn't the first time you're "tooted your own horn" so to say.

Syd, I have no problems with you, infact by my previous posts it's pretty obvious that I care for your safety. The 2 times we did meet at trackdays I thought you were a cool cat and I was genuinely concerned for your well being when I heard you crashed. If you want to take it as a personal attack, by all means you're entitled to do that... but that's not how it was stated and not how it was intended.

You can continue to be the bitter one should you chose to do so, but in the end you're the one losing out.

You can also continue to push your luck out there on the track, but in the end you could again, be the one to lose out. And this time it's with your health and your pro tennis career. That's why I made those statements... I had a chance to play competitive basketball after college but I blew it because of a few bad decisions. I missed on my chance to chase a dream and would hate to see someone else miss their chance.

So go on, be mad at me if you want over a message board... I'm not the one who's upset. But, if you ever want to talk it over, you have my cell phone number and I'd be more than happy to talk to you about my opinions.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #39
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Quote:
Do you honestly think I'm jealous of you? :laughing6 I'm jealous of no one. My life is fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing.

Unfortunately I only did 5 trackdays this year... but I have other responsibilities including a wife, mortgage, two vehicle payments and saving for retirement. I prioritize and if I can only do 5 trackdays, then so be it.

I didn't make assumptions, you make statements.

What does that imply? I read it as you think you're too fast for the B group... and judging by others comments, I'm not the only one. This isn't the first time you're "tooted your own horn" so to say.

Syd, I have no problems with you, infact by my previous posts it's pretty obvious that I care for your safety. The 2 times we did meet at trackdays I thought you were a cool cat and I was genuinely concerned for your well being when I heard you crashed. If you want to take it as a personal attack, by all means you're entitled to do that... but that's not how it was stated and not how it was intended.

You can continue to be the bitter one should you chose to do so, but in the end you're the one losing out.

You can also continue to push your luck out there on the track, but in the end you could again, be the one to lose out. And this time it's with your health and your pro tennis career. That's why I made those statements... I had a chance to play competitive basketball after college but I blew it because of a few bad decisions. I missed on my chance to chase a dream and would hate to see someone else miss their chance.

So go on, be mad at me if you want over a message board... I'm not the one who's upset. But, if you ever want to talk it over, you have my cell phone number and I'd be more than happy to talk to you about my opinions.
actually i'm ridden with some of the top dawgs, and my smoothness and throttle control are fine, it's my lines i need to work on, which means i have to follow faster ppl. you talk like you know everything, but guess what you don't
Old 11-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #40
paniro187

Quote:
actually i'm ridden with some of the top dawgs, and my smoothness and throttle control are fine, it's my lines i need to work on, which means i have to follow faster ppl. you talk like you know everything, but guess what you don't
sems to me noone can tell you anything..........

Advertisement