MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Heytalktoryan

Feedback Rating: (1)

Wink Where is a good place to get my bike inspected in the Spring/Woodlands Area?

I'm looking to get my bike inspected today and want to do it at a place that's near my house. I live in the Spring/Woodlands area, but since my bike isn't legal I'm going to have to tow it to the inspection place in order to have it inspected.
The bike currently doesn't have valid registration and I do not have the title in my hand; does anyone know if that is going to be some type of discrepancy?
Hopefully not! Thanks in advance!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meets in the woodlands/spring area? Cupial Events, Meets and Rides 26 12-21-2014 06:14 PM
Spring - Woodlands area ??????????????? Noob_on_a_busa Events, Meets and Rides 33 10-26-2012 12:45 PM
Best place new spring/the woodlands to go to mod shop? Urbangatsby General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-12-2012 01:19 PM
Need some help in the spring woodlands area. Perf_White_GT Off Topic 18 08-23-2010 05:54 PM
Good Real Estate Lawyer ? The Woodlands/Spring area texranger Off Topic 12 04-10-2010 06:24 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
Andru
User

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'88 Kawi ZX6R

Send a message via AIM to Andru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heytalktoryan View Post
I'm looking to get my bike inspected today and want to do it at a place that's near my house. I live in the Spring/Woodlands area, but since my bike isn't legal I'm going to have to tow it to the inspection place in order to have it inspected.
The bike currently doesn't have valid registration and I do not have the title in my hand; does anyone know if that is going to be some type of discrepancy?
Fail, close thread.

Woodlands Pkwy, right on first Panther Creek, its there on the left.
Andru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Need the title to get the registration... for the inspection you have to have valid proof of insurance. Most any inspection place can do it, I've had myne done at Mr. Sticker...
Old 08-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

you have to have insurance to get inspection. they wont ask to see the title but I am assuming if you dont have the title you dont have the insurance.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

as long as you have valid insurance we can do the inspection. tom's auto repair 3424 louetta, spring, 77388. we're open til 6.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
Heytalktoryan

Awesome, thats the closest place!
I have insurance, just not the title... still waiting to get it from Dreamer, who says that I'll have it by the end of this month.
Thanks for all of the input guys, I'll see you at Tom's Buddha429!
What are the crossroads for your shop? Louetta and what?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #7
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
I have insurance, just not the title... still waiting to get it from Dreamer, who says that I'll have it by the end of this month.
Don't worry, Dreamer will get it to you. seems like a great guy and he's been on the forum for a while now.

and you can get the plates renewed and inspection done with only insurace. now if it doenst "have" a plate then you need the title, but just to renew it you can just bring insurance up.

When I went to get my custom plate my gf did all the talking and everything while I stood there, the car and insurance were in my name yet they did everything just fine with her didnt ask any questions... which leads me to my best prank ever..

I'm gonna steal my roomates insurance card and go get him a custom plate on his bike that says *GAYMAN*

buhahahahahahahahah

sorry..

oh and i hope he doesnt read this thread =p

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #8
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Any Mr. Sticker can do it, or call Tony over at Toms Auto Repair, they're a sponsor here and they're on Louetta not far from Kuykendahl. 281-355-9333

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

Quote:
louetta @ mirror lake, about two miles west of i45. houseofpain is the inspector, he just went to lunch, should be back in about an hour or so.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #10
Heytalktoryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429 View Post
louetta @ mirror lake, about two miles west of i45. houseofpain is the inspector, he just went to lunch, should be back in about an hour or so.
Soooo..... I drove all the way over there and the asian lady at the counter told me that you guys were out of motorcycle inspection stickers! I went the exact same day that I made the thread, been so busy that I didn't get a chance to respond. Thanks though!

Close thread, or maybe leave it open in case someone else searches for it!

Advertisement