Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 07:02 AM   #21
Official MH tag inspector
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Even if you wear shorts for work, get some mesh or armor overpants.
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best bike for Houston traffic? grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 10-08-2014 02:57 PM
walking bike in between traffic.. Lucar General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 10-17-2011 12:02 PM
Can you imagine this guy on a bike in traffic Grinchy Off Topic 4 03-04-2009 11:08 PM
Got my first traffic stop on the bike over with Echo4Hotel General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-30-2008 02:13 PM
Link to pic of my bike, personal pics soon to come! (NEW TANK PICS POSTED) tbone16 Cruisers Lounge 19 07-01-2005 07:18 PM
Old 08-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #22
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Originally Posted by lp6786 View Post
yeah thanks um on my way to work and was gonna get off the hov i braked and my rear locked up i was going 40 and didnt taught the exit was gonna be there so quick tried to ride it out like they teach in msf course but it was inevitable by that time but i just got some nasty scrapes in my knees but im ok overall. Everybody at hospital and paramedics i should be glad thats all i got things like this usually end up worst so im ok. not worried about the bike or hospital bills i was fully insured so thats a big plus but thanks
glad your ok !!!
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #23
alFREDO the sauce
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

03' 600RR
03' 636 (SOLD)

Good to hear your ok. I passed by you yesterday but i did't see the bike so i was thinking you went over. GLAD I WAS WRONG.
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #24
a.k.a Dos Equis
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Originally Posted by lp6786 View Post
ha ha ha that was me. thats my bike im ok though it was a bit scary and i was wearing my gear so its cool. But i was on my way to work and we are only allowed to wear shorts so yall can pretty much guess i got some road rash in my knees. my ankle hurts, i can barely walk. But that mesh jacket saved my elbows and my helmet saved my chin and the back of my head. But eff that never riding with shorts ever again no matter wat. Like my mom says you wont learn till it happens and after today screw shorts.

Dude: I'm glad you are OK but that's a lame excuse for not wearing riding pants....!!!

I understand that you can only wear shorts at your job but as Jim mentioned above, you can get something like the Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 Mesh pants with knee protection.
You can wear those over your shorts, carry a backpack or a duffel bag strapped to the back of your bike and once in your workplace remove them and store it on your backpack/duffel bag.

Good luck...!!
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote