MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Timme' at H2R

Ok so I posted this once earlier but i added sound and some of my notes on the track. Another reason I wanted to post this again was to say thanks to Ross, one of the instructors for Elite.

Thanks for the help Ross and thanks for taking the time to film me! Greatly appreciated it!

Anywho enjoy, and feel free to tell me anything I need to work on. I am all ears!

I do have a question though. My toes seem really close, if you look I am on the of my feet. What gives? Will rear sets help with this?

Timme'

Last edited by Timme'; 08-04-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Timme' is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
H2R vs Built GTR pinball General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 05-26-2015 03:44 PM
Acouple of vids from H2R this weekend Intermission General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 08-19-2010 10:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

you could move your feet back on the pegs, and yes, rear sets will def. help with this matter.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
you could move your feet back on the pegs, and yes, rear sets will def. help with this matter.
Sweet!

On some corners I actually think about it and move my toe up, but most of the time I am not thinking about my foot position. I put the peg on the ball of my foot and go. I am going to set the bike up in the garage and work on my position.

I was thinking of taking a wrecked bike and making a lean bike with some shocks and springs. Anyone know of a stationary lean bike design? Would it be benifiical?

Thoughts. And No i have not searched the forum yet! but I will!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
mojo
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
2006 R6

Definitely work on your foot positioning as it can cause problems later on. Focus on getting the of your feet on the pegs and this should get rid of most of your clearance issues with your feet.

Also how was the overall experience with this trackday org?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
you mentioned you were on the of your feet.....

if you were, your toes wouldn't be pointing the directly towards the ground....scoot em back some more buddy! and hang off the bike some more or get some adjustable rearsets.

tried to return your call but got your voicemail

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
you mentioned you were on the of your feet.....

if you were, your toes wouldn't be pointing the directly towards the ground....scoot em back some more buddy! and hang off the bike some more or get some adjustable rearsets.

tried to return your call but got your voicemail
I feel like I am standing on my toes sometimes, but I will move them back some more and see how it feels. I wasn't really thinking about it on that round but I will next time I bet the rear sets help a bunch!

No worries, I am in the process of getting all the I am gonna buy ordered through Motorcycles Unlimited. I will give you a call when I get it all figured out!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
hey thanks for postin that. do you have a site or sched for that org? i'd like to try get on that track =)

Radar Love what a bad song... =)
http://www.elitetrackdays.com

It was a really fun track! Someone asked about the org above so here you go:

The people were really really nice. Miora was awesome and her team were all really good people. The classroom stuff for the noobs (like me) was on par with the others that I have been too. They had some really good instructors! The lead instructor, i forget his name, runs a MSF company and had raced for like 20 years. Dude was fast and really funny, I liked him, wish I could remember his name. The other instructors were great, I really didn't have any complaints about em.

The only thing that took me some getting used to was the no corner workers. They had these red light like things (red, yellow, green). You can see them in the video. Basically they worked like flags, but I didn't pick them up like I do flags. In fact I was on the track for several laps during a red light! Which is not like me at all, I am always very observant of the flags. The system works, they have a tower they can see every inch of the track and throw the lights. You just have to teach yourself to look for them.

Advertisement