MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #21
dhdrider

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
...he's not only expensive, but he lacks customer service....which is the most important part of business. oh yeah, he SUCKS too
Yep. Hart rules. You can pick any 3 images for $18 (or 2 for $15 I think) and you download the original images from a site. That's the way to do it.. Then you can do whatever you want with them.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
newbie...got rearended at redlight, need advice with insurance issues Peter R General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 05-31-2014 08:51 PM
___GoPro Newbie In need of advice/tips/cheats Lucar Off Topic 18 12-31-2011 06:02 AM
Need some track day advice eddy69 Taking it to the Track 18 02-26-2010 12:35 AM
Track Tire Advice S.D.W. Taking it to the Track 49 04-29-2009 04:50 PM
MotoHouston newbie track day Patrick Taking it to the Track 1 08-14-2006 10:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #22
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
Yep. Hart rules. You can pick any 3 images for $18 (or 2 for $15 I think) and you download the original images from a site. That's the way to do it.. Then you can do whatever you want with them.
He still doesn't take very good shots.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #23
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
I guess I'm only comparing him to Digital Phot Cafe at TWS (Texas World Speedway).

2008 KTM 200 XC

Retail Resource Group
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
Old 08-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #24
Ridesmart

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post

I think most would agree that between DigitalPhoto and Hart Photography, most (if not all) will say Hart hands down. Not sure who Hart is compared to when people say he does not take good images.

I have seen some very creative stuff from him. On the other hand, DP guy seems to take stale, static images from same, predefined position.

This has been brought up with RideSmart already, and is being worked on (although it does take some time). We will be sure to see if we can accelerate this process because TWS (Texas World Speedway) deserves a great photo person.

Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #25
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Aight finally something I have experience with, being a noob!

I am still very much a noob to the whole track thing myself. I have officially completed 4 track days! One with LSTD, 2 with TTD, and one with Elite. I have ran off the track 4 times and crashed at ECR once. Rule number #1 don't crash it sucks, but it is inevitable. If you think you will somehow magically avoid it you would be thinking just like I did, I was wrong and you are too!

What I have learned is the following:

1. You are going to be somewhat slow and nervous the first time on the track. I am not a slow street rider but I am a slow track rider. It's fine and don't worry about it! Point is to get the lines, braking, acceleration, positioning down. I found the more I didn't think about going fast the faster I went. Like riding a bike, get the basics then worry about speed.

2. Don't worry about the knee down thing. If you execute correctly on step 1, the knee will eventually get down. It just happens, scared the of me the first time.

3. Don't come to the track with an ego, cause they have girls out there that will make you look like a little kid riding a bike with a banana seat. Don't let the passing folks bother you, just do your own thing AT YOUR PACE!

4. ASK FOR HELP IF YOU DON'T KNOW OR UNSURE OF SOMETHING! Don't spend more than a session on the track without talking or working with an instructor! My most productive time is following the instructors, and getting them to follow me, then getting their feedback. OH AND LISTEN TO THEM, THEY KNOW THEIR ! I have seen a couple of dumb arses think they didn't need help, those are the people that suck and are a liability to everyone. Don't be THAT guy!

MOST IMPORTANT THING! LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!! IF YOU QUESTION IF THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU ARE TALKING TO THE WRONG PERSON!!!! You will know what I mean soon enough, this sport is full of people with opinions!

Generally speaking, any of the TTD, LSTD, Longhorn, Motorcycles Unlimited, Tom's guys are your go to people. Find them, don't be a jerk, and take their advice! nough said!

my nickel!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #26
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Kick advice Timme! Thats worth a dime not a nickle

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #27
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthHoustonCBR View Post
Kick advice Timme! Thats worth a dime not a nickle
I am so excited that I actually have something worth while to add to a thread
Old 08-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #28
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
I think most would agree that between DigitalPhoto and Hart Photography, most (if not all) will say Hart hands down. Not sure who Hart is compared to when people say he does not take good images.

I have seen some very creative stuff from him. On the other hand, DP guy seems to take stale, static images from same, predefined position.

This has been brought up with RideSmart already, and is being worked on (although it does take some time). We will be sure to see if we can accelerate this process because TWS (Texas World Speedway) deserves a great photo person.

Track owners/event host should allow several photographer out there taking pics. More competition = cheaper, more pics, faster service.

Why limit to just one?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #29
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
I guess I'm only comparing him to Digital Phot Cafe at TWS (Texas World Speedway).

My bad I misread and thought you were talking about the other dude.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #30
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Track owners/event host should allow several photographer out there taking pics. More competition = cheaper, more pics, faster service.

Why limit to just one?

That is a very good idea, however the photographers often request to be the only ones there for obvious reasons. I am sure this will be resolved at least at RideSmart very soon.
If you guys have advice and ideas on solving this, we are all ears - want to get you the best possible experience and TWS (Texas World Speedway) is just too darn nice to not have good pics from an event there.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #31
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
yeah, don't blame Ridesmart for the photographer at TWS (Texas World Speedway) (Doug Pawlak with Digital Photo Cafe)....i think he's just the photographer guy that TWS (Texas World Speedway) assigns, because he's at all TWS (Texas World Speedway) trackday events (doesn't matter which org is out there)

he's not only expensive, but he lacks customer service....which is the most important part of business. oh yeah, he SUCKS too
I'm not really blaming ridesmart persay. But not sure who to tell. Hopefully some ridesmart folks will see this forum and reassign a new guy. Didn't know he just went to TWS (Texas World Speedway) though. Good to know. Yeah Doug's service is the main reason I hate dealing with him. I don't even buy from him anymore.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #32
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

I can't speak for others...but I have done 2 novice classes with TTD and they were the most fun I have ever had on a bike and I learned a ton!
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #33
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

oh sorry ciaka. I posted before reading all the post after house of pain. Looks like you guys/gals or on it. Great!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #34
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
oh sorry ciaka. I posted before reading all the post after house of pain. Looks like you guys/gals or on it. Great!

we are trying to see what can be done. Really can't say any more for now, but we really want you guys to be satisfied, heck, I would love better images from there too, there are so many good spots to take nice pics, and DPC is not doing that now.
Stay tuned, we hope this gets resolved soon.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #35
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

I'll try to avoid self-promotion or off-topic statements for you, and I like what Timme' had to say, some good advice from a "noob" to a "noob".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsg1206 View Post
... question(s) 1. for a "virgin" is RideSmart as good or better than Texas Track Days, Lone Star, etc. looking for good instructors, improving skills, fun....
"Noob" days are nothing new, some orgs just happen to try to market a "noob only" day for people who are relatively new to the track experience. LSTD has had and continues to have "noob" groups at every track day that isn't a pre-race Friday practice day, and I know Ride Smart has them too.

Some of the TD orgs have been doing this gig for many years, and staff instructors who have been doing it that long and longer. Some things you'll find at just about any track day you attend is:

Attentive staffers

Helpful instructors (some obviously more experienced than others depending on who you ride with)

A lot of fun!

Quote:
2. will my bike be too slow to keep up? any advice / feedback would be appreciated
Your bike will be just fine. I've told this story before, but I've been out with Jody Hudson at TWS (Texas World Speedway), I was on a GSXR 750, he was on his Aprilia 450 motard. We swapped spots a few times in the corners, and I was running mid 50's for lap times.

Now, Jody is really fast, so it's not like anyone on one of those bikes will be able to do the same, but fer sher, in any of the "noob" groups, your bike will be more than adequate.

Hope to see you at the track soon, you won't regret coming!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #36
jsg1206

Bike(s):
KTM 690 Duke

thanks for all the great advice....... my plan is to learn, learn, learn, take it slow and work on skills, confidence.......... not worried about speed... I am signed up for RideSmart TWS (Texas World Speedway) day Saturday 27th, if any other noob's will be there, would love to hear from you and meet at the track....
Old 08-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #37
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
if any other noob's will be there, would love to hear from you and meet at the track....
You will NOT be the only first timer in Level 1. We typically have 10-20 1st timers in Level 1.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Retail Resource Group
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
Old 08-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #38
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
thanks for all the great advice....... my plan is to learn, learn, learn, take it slow and work on skills, confidence.......... not worried about speed... I am signed up for RideSmart TWS (Texas World Speedway) day Saturday 27th, if any other noob's will be there, would love to hear from you and meet at the track....
yep, you can't go wrong with any trackday org you decide to go with.....just signing up and showing up is already a step in the right direction.

as stated in a few posts....try out all the orgs and see which one suits you best.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #39
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Texas Track Days will be having a motard only track day at GSS on Sept 14th. Come on down and see us once you get your cherry popped!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #40
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
Texas Track Days will be having a motard only track day at GSS on Sept 14th. Come on down and see us once you get your cherry popped!

...hey suki man - those pics in your avatars and other spread on bike pics - are they a hobby or is it a one time deal thing for you? LOL

Advertisement