Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

H2R (Harris Hill Road) - Elite Trackday 08/02/2008 Recap

Just got back from H2R and an awesome trackday with Elite. I had a blast! Here is my opinion of the day:

The Track:

The track is a 1.7 mile really technical course. I loved every inch of it! The condition of the track, I thought, was excellent. There were a couple of areas with 'tar snakes' but they really didn't cause any problems. The track does have some seams which if you have to cross and if you get off your line they are no fun to be in, but once again no problems for me. There is a up hill righty followed immediately by a somewhat tight lefty, was sooooo much fun and challenging (see the video below).

The only negative part of the track, to me, and the only area I thought was a little tough was turn 2 (i think) which was the hair-pin right out of pit lane. When you come off the front straight you, you brake and have to angle down and you cross some seams that are bumpy, the corner is off camber just a bit and it took me some getting used to. You will notice in the vid below I take several lines through there.

Folks this track was fun!

Facilities:

H2R has built an awesome clubhouse that was just spot on! The entire place was clean and well laid out with classrooms, a huge flat panel telivision, a kitchen and really clean bathrooms. The main sitting area had very very comfortable leather couches and chairs! And most important A/C, my wife even commented on how nice the place was so to me that means something, to everyone else who knows

Pit:

The pit area was ok, there was no covered pits (don't know if they plan to build any or not). They didn't want you to park on the pavement so there would be more room for pit areas, which was fine and it worked out really well. The riders are protected by reinforced concrete and it was safe.

Corner Workers / Flags

This was the only negative thing I have to say about the entire event, if you can call this a negative. The track did not have booths for corner workers, instead they had devices that look somewhat like traffic lights (red, green, yellow). They were not in every corner but they were spread out well. I for one and very very aware of the corner workers, but I was not so aware of these things. In fact I was on the track for several laps when a red light had been issued (was for a cone on a part of the track) but I totally didn't see it at all. Which for me is extremely un-usual, like I said I am usually very aware of the corner workers and the flags.

I will add though, from the tower at H2R you can clearly see every single corner so it works out, but you have to train yourself to look for lights and not flags. Other than me, I don't think there were any other issues.

The Team:

Moira is awesome! Loved her to death, she was very very nice and welcoming! She took the time to chat with the wife and made her feel welcome! The rest of her team, including the instructors were awesome, some very fast guys!

The class room stuff was on par with the others that I have been too, and I learned quite a bit from these guys!

Me on the track:

Ok so the video below is of me late in the afternoon. I have never seen myself on video (other than for like 5 seconds once when i first started). I look like a spider monkey crammed into a bird cage! Seriously, after watching this I need to work on my positioning quite a bit. I am still a noob and I have sooo much to learn.

Anyways, the first lap I am thrown off by the guys in front of me. I wanted to pass but I knew the batteries were low on my GoPro so I didn't pass em. They were throwing me off (something i need to work on) on the first lap. The second lap I started using my lines again and I was little better. You will notice some of the Apex cones are little early on some of the corners but I think I hit them right.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Timme'; 08-03-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Timme' is offline   Reply With Quote