MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #61
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride like an idiot...crash like an idiot. VicTOEmizer Off Topic 29 02-02-2015 11:07 AM
Which one is the idiot? mathews The Circus 9 10-13-2010 07:33 PM
Ok I'm an Idiot!!!!! free blue bird Motorcycles Unlimited 9 08-25-2010 12:23 PM
Who's this idiot? MeetJoeAsian General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 08-01-2006 08:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #62
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5gsxrman View Post
did anyone find out if the guy got cuahgt or what ever happen to him....dont really think the cop car will catchan R1...especially with a rolling start....
he cant out run a radio.....most of the time.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #63
Houston'sK5
Banned

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Yellow Haro(Dave Mira Edition)
F4easy

Member Garage

User is banned

Houston'sK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #64
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

runin from the popo...hmm... sounds like fun but the consequences are huge. lol i feel u gixxer bill
Old 08-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #65
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito View Post
runin from the popo...hmm... sounds like fun but the consequences are huge. lol i feel u gixxer bill
It wasn't me. I live in CC and have a gixxer.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #66
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
It wasn't me. I live in CC and have a gixxer.
lol it wasnt me either i ride a bandit around the 288 area
Old 08-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #67
juan diablo
MR. UNFLANKABLE

Bike(s):
2005 gsxr 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by J lo View Post
So last night I am heading down freeway when something I never thought I would see happened....

A red R-1 passes me and slows down right next to the MARKED POLICE CAR in front of me.... The idiot nods at the officer and then suddenly he hammers it and takes off. I was shocked. I am sure the other officer was just as shocked that this had just happened as well. None the less, the chase was on... All I could think of was there is no way that this just happened.

Why would someone do this????? I mean really?????

IF you are thinking about being a jackass there are a few things that you many need to know. You should know and understand a few things right before you decide that you should freely choose to have a felony on your record.

first:
RUNNING FROM THE COPS IS ILLEGAL. (duhhhhhhhhhh)

Second:
In case you did not know..... cop cars are kinda fast.

Third:
There are lots of police officers on the streets today that do not drive your "typical" marked police cars. There are Hummers, Cameros, Mustangs, Vetts, and many others. Ya, those are fast cars. However, do you know what travels even faster then those cars? How about er.... um .... uhhhhh... radios?

What a jackass... I hope he enjoys the jail time. You bought that time, you did that stupid sh*& to yourself.
I think u just hating!
Than need it and not have it!
juan diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #68
J lo
I am who U say I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan diablo View Post
I think u just hating!
Hating Seriously????:angry7I am hatin.... I am hatin on the dumb who ran from the cops... as far as I am concerned if you run, you deserve all that happens to you...

How does the saying go... "If the cops have to chase you, they are bringin an whoopin with em."

This has nothin to do with gear, rider ability, who you ride with, what you ride, or the size of your . This has everything to do with a blantant disregard for people and the law. It has to do with your inability for your brain to function intelligently. It has everything to do with the inability that many people have to understand the consiquences of their actions. The decision to run effects more then just the jackass who runs. It effects everyone on the street. It effects the officers who, utilizing discretion, decide to engage in a chase. It's funny right up until its your mom, dad, sister, brother, or other family member who is killed when something goes wrong as a result of that single decision to run. When you find out the reason he ran was "just because, no reason." Then at that moment it is "that fuka on that motorcycle got my mom killed."

Thing is, it does not have to be as serious as someone getting killed. Everyone who saw that chase, and I mean everyone, developed an opinion about what they saw. My guess is that it is negative. Another black eye for the sportbike community, great job.
J lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #69
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Hating Seriously????:angry7I am hatin.... I am hatin on the dumb who ran from the cops... as far as I am concerned if you run, you deserve all that happens to you...

How does the saying go... "If the cops have to chase you, they are bringin an whoopin with em."

This has nothin to do with gear, rider ability, who you ride with, what you ride, or the size of your . This has everything to do with a blantant disregard for people and the law. It has to do with your inability for your brain to function intelligently. It has everything to do with the inability that many people have to understand the consiquences of their actions. The decision to run effects more then just the jackass who runs. It effects everyone on the street. It effects the officers who, utilizing discretion, decide to engage in a chase. It's funny right up until its your mom, dad, sister, brother, or other family member who is killed when something goes wrong as a result of that single decision to run. When you find out the reason he ran was "just because, no reason." Then at that moment it is "that fuka on that motorcycle got my mom killed."
Thing is, it does not have to be as serious as someone getting killed. Everyone who saw that chase, and I mean everyone, developed an opinion about what they saw. My guess is that it is negative. Another black eye for the sportbike community, great job.
Thanks! My view exactly... I will take a ticket, jail time and even an whipping BUT I WILL NOT TAKE THE LIVES OF THE OTHER PEOPLE ON THE ROAD IN MY HANDS BY BEING A F****N IDIOT THAT IS STUPID ENOUGH TO KNOWINGLY RUN FROM A COP.

Last edited by vmaxgirl; 08-05-2008 at 10:53 PM.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #70
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:

I see what you are saying but what about the cop he knows the guy is just being a goofball why not just let him go instead of getting involved in a dangerous pursuit?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #71
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

cuz goofballs kill people too.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #72
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I see what you are saying but what about the cop he knows the guy is just being a goofball why not just let him go instead of getting involved in a dangerous pursuit?
cause its illegal

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #73
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
cause its illegal
i didnt know that ...
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #74
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Well in all honesty people break the law all the time. Oh no GASP I even do it...see my indicated speed of 70mph in the 65mph zone...guess what I broke the law. I understand there is a fundamental difference in how they are broken, but in essence they are the same.

Honestly why about it on a forum with other motorcyclists? I understand that there might be some logic behind it, like think twice before you run, don't put others lives at risk because you have a chip on your shoulder, however you never said anything like that. You did say I hope he enjoys his stay in prison and YOU don't want a felony on YOUR record. Now we can go through this dance about how this affects others view of the sportbike community and how police officers look at motorcyclists. But if you are legit and abiding by the law and still get pulled over there should be nothing to worry about.

I see your point, but maybe some clarification is necessary on the intent of this thread.

In conclusion I would like to say if you tire of people blatently breaking the law then do something about it. Become an officer (If you are not one already), join a citizen patrol program, call it in to dispatch when you see it, etc. There are many ways to make a difference, ranting and raving is not one of them.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #75
Houston'sK5
Banned

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Yellow Haro(Dave Mira Edition)
F4easy

Member Garage

User is banned

Houston'sK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #76
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
cuz goofballs kill people too.
Probably alot less chance of a sportbike goofball runner killing somebody than a goofball cop in cage chasing him. right?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #77
Scotty77
Agile!Mobile!!Hostile!!!

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 1098

Member Garage

2dumb,,,lets not forget the helicopters...or the fact they have the right to "bump" a bike to end a chase......
Scotty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #78
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Quote:
So last night I am heading down freeway when something I never thought I would see happened....

A red R-1 passes me and slows down right next to the MARKED POLICE CAR in front of me.... The idiot nods at the officer and then suddenly he hammers it and takes off. I was shocked. I am sure the other officer was just as shocked that this had just happened as well. None the less, the chase was on... All I could think of was there is no way that this just happened.

Why would someone do this????? I mean really?????

IF you are thinking about being a jackass there are a few things that you many need to know. You should know and understand a few things right before you decide that you should freely choose to have a felony on your record.

first:
RUNNING FROM THE COPS IS ILLEGAL. (duhhhhhhhhhh)

Second:
In case you did not know..... cop cars are kinda fast.

Third:
There are lots of police officers on the streets today that do not drive your "typical" marked police cars. There are Hummers, Cameros, Mustangs, Vetts, and many others. Ya, those are fast cars. However, do you know what travels even faster then those cars? How about er.... um .... uhhhhh... radios?

What a jackass... I hope he enjoys the jail time. You bought that time, you did that stupid sh*& to yourself.
dude stfu...

I am getting tired of people crying about this . so what? let him do wtf he feels like doing? maybe he has no reason to live or what ever reason, he is not hurting you!!!

lol jk

yeah that sucks but what can we do..
Old 08-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #79
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5gsxrman View Post
you should have this thread closed and get off the dudes who was riding the r1...you a hater...haterz do what they can and most other people like me and the guy on the r1 do what we want. Deep down inside you want to flee from the police and feel that rush..you just a safe scarredy cat...you cant go through life trying to please everybody and trying to be safe all the dang time...grow sum ...and if you see me running from the police on the freway dont be a good sumaritan and try to pull in front off me to slow me down... and get this thread closed asap...it sucks
If the post 'needs' to be locked, it's to prevent the continuation if like this.

'Haterz'? 'Grow some '? How about, grow up. Realize there are people in the world beside yourself and your own personal entertainment.
Be glad some of us folx don't 'grow some ballz' as you suggest...after all if they did, it might be a piece of pipe or rebar through your wheel if they saw you running from police.
Funny thing that, the behavior you attempt to ridicule and degrade is the very one that is likely helped keeping you from getting run over/down.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #80
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Probably alot less chance of a sportbike goofball runner killing somebody than a goofball cop in cage chasing him. right?
Based on precisely what GB? HPD patrol at least get's some training in pursuit (or at least used to)... the avg driver/rider?

Advertisement