MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
Rebel_racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 ZX6R

Beginner Stunter

Been riding for a few years now. Started in the dirt and raced motocross for a while. I have a 01 ZX6R with a few mods. Looking to starting stunting it. Would like to keep it as a daily driver never needing to get over 70mph. What gearing would yall rec? Looking at about a 65 tooth in the rear. Too big for the street?

Also, do yall know of a good web site to find a good 12 bar and crash cage? Or does anyone have any for sale for my bike. Any ideas would greatly help.
Rebel_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beginner here rkl56119 Cruisers Lounge 44 06-08-2010 09:19 AM
Anyone can be a Stunter! TomballD Off Topic 14 12-15-2009 07:21 PM
Beginner's cruiser? isoplus Cruisers Lounge 50 05-31-2007 11:37 AM
Stunter down? bradtx General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-26-2007 10:01 PM
another stunter BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 08-10-2006 11:47 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #2
Dreamer!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
anything and everything you can possibly imagine can be found on this site
Old 08-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
AsusRR

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

01 Zx6R? bad bike for stunts. unless you do wheelies on the streets not the lots.

"why?"

1. its a carbed bike. it's going to bog down alot. for the lots doing slow wheelies.

2. it's a kawi. the bikes frame and subframe is very weak. will crack and alum isn't a easy thing to weld back and be like new again. the bike will never be the same again.

3. theres not much parts out for this bike on the market anymore. I know kawi still has this bike on its market. i think its called zzr6r?

4. it's your daily ride? what if you crash and break something to the point you cant fix at the spot or have the money to fix. stunting is a big step.

don't get a big sprocket like a 65. you would cry if you had it that big. you would hate it the moment you 1st ride it down the street. 65 isn't a street friendly gearing. if your going to ride daily on the streets. i would go +7 at the most. even at +7 its a pain.

but if you insist you can try to find stunt armor parts here...(cage, 12 bar, round bar, stunt stay, rear hand brake or rear dual brake bracket, sprockets, chain, etc......)

http://www.freestyleingenuity.com/site/index.php
http://www.sickinnovations.com/
http://www.tygersharkcages.com/
http://www.racing905.com/
http://www.powersstuntworx.com/

or check out these forums for stunt help and info....

www.stuntlife.com
www.stuntusa.com

if you need anymore help, reply here or pm me. don't forget to stop by TrueMethodz for any parts. TM is a stunt friendly garage!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

i started on a carbed bike and quickly got myself an f4i. fuel injection is ALOT better when it comes to stunting.

i rode street with +8 and had no issues. bike still had decent top end and was very stuntable. Prodigy, F4iguy, k5gsxrman, and a few others on here street ride +8.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

btw, coming from motocross, you should pick it up quick. i was all out motocross from 4 y/o to 22. then got my first street bike 2 years ago. started stunting a year and a 1/2 ago. if you were any good on dirt bikes, it'll all fall right into place on the street bike(stunting)
Old 08-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
Rebel_racing

Bike(s):
01 ZX6R

Well the bike is a salvage title and I already put a new engine in it so I will never get anything back out of it so I figured just have fun with it. I went up three in the rear and it wasn't enough. The frame is already slightly cracked also. I have a truck and im looking for another bike so this one is just is my best bet for a first stunt bike.

Good to know that my motocross skills will trans over to stunting. I also did a little FMX also when I played in the dirt.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_racing View Post
Good to know that my motocross skills will trans over to stunting. I also did a little FMX also when I played in the dirt.
same here. you will do just fine.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #8
lynkxda1
MotoHouston Street Ninja

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2006 Kawawsaki zx 600RR

[QUOTE=AsusRR;1352094]01 Zx6R? bad bike for stunts. unless you do wheelies on the streets not the lots.

"why?"

1. its a carbed bike. it's going to bog down alot. for the lots doing slow wheelies.

2. it's a kawi. the bikes frame and subframe is very weak. will crack and alum isn't a easy thing to weld back and be like new again. the bike will never be the same again.

I plan on stuntin my 06 zx6rr later on. But I have seen the guy w/ the blue 636 killin the slow circle wheelies.

But I do know those have more hp than mines.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #9
AsusRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkxda1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsusRR View Post
01 Zx6R? bad bike for stunts. unless you do wheelies on the streets not the lots.

"why?"

I plan on stuntin my 06 zx6rr later on. But I have seen the guy w/ the blue 636 killin the slow circle wheelies.

But I do know those have more hp than mines.
trust me kawi are knowed to crack frames on any years. but the 04-06 are a much better bike to stunt with.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
Rebel_racing

Bike(s):
01 ZX6R

AsusRR,
Is it possible though for the 01? Like I said, the bike is salvage and already cracked. I will most likely be learning on it for a while and won't be doing any circle wheelies any time soon. Is the carb going to be starving at 12o'clock or just in low rpm's? Is there anything I can do to prevent this such as turning up the idle screw or retarding the timing? Its already advanced 4 deg so going back to stock will probably be a good idea i would guess...
Old 08-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
Rebel_racing

Bike(s):
01 ZX6R

Bump
Old 08-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
Rebel_racing

Bike(s):
01 ZX6R

So what about the bike set up? 20lbs in the rear.. motocross style handlebars better? I have a spare set with triple clamps... What about the timing? My bike doesn't even like to idel at 1.5k....
Old 08-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #13
Houston'sK5
Banned

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Yellow Haro(Dave Mira Edition)
F4easy

Member Garage

User is banned

Houston'sK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #14
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

go get u some dirt bike bars and fighter it out yeah another motocrosser on the streets. me myself i miss the moto side and am lookin for a good supermoto bike. i miss whippin the otta a bike and then when my friend said his bike wasnt whippable i did it on his too. lol every bike is stuntable just not practicle. but i dont know i just mess around on my old pitbike in parking lots. good luck
Old 08-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #15
*RED*

Bike(s):
F4I, gixxer 750

I learned on a carb bike myself. 99 zx9r, I think it was -1/+12 nobody would ever say to stunt it either but it did the trick to get slowed down and catching idle. Learn what you can on the bike you have and then buy a better one. If they make a crash cage for it then people stunt them. You can learn endos and burn outs and junk on that bike also.
*RED* is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement