MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #21
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
Want to make sure of something! Someone suggested they thought I was saying something negative about TTD or MSRH and that is not the case! I love you TTD folks, never been to MSRH so have no input, irrelevant any who.

I was just saying that my wife has to go to California on Sunday and she doesn't want to go to Houston on Friday night, stay in a hotel, have me ride all day and then get home at midnight on Saturday. Then wake up the next morning and get on a plane. Nothing to do with anyone or anything other than bad timing. She keeps my locked up pretty good so not much I can do

So if you took offense, sorry! l8r
Gotta love how those PM's start flying around People are so protective
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
H2R (Harris Hill Road) - Elite Trackday 08/02/2008 Recap Timme' Taking it to the Track 2 08-03-2008 09:50 AM
Harris Hill road MANSON6 Taking it to the Track 18 05-22-2008 07:42 AM
Harris Hill Road (Track) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 29 11-20-2006 03:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 PM   #22
ROADandTRACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Too many to list

The track is really really fun.

Yea, it's $200 but if you live close to it, it is worth every penny. Not having to drive too far.

They put down some tar over some cracks that appeared and that has caused some problems, but I talked to them and gave them the info on what we used at OHR and Hallett.

It is worth the trip even from Houston, IMHO.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:00 PM   #23
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post
The track is really really fun.

Yea, it's $200 but if you live close to it, it is worth every penny. Not having to drive too far.

They put down some tar over some cracks that appeared and that has caused some problems, but I talked to them and gave them the info on what we used at OHR and Hallett.

It is worth the trip even from Houston, IMHO.
Good to hear! I talked to Miora (very very nice person), she said they were going to use a new material that I had not heard of (not that I know anything about track material).

The 200.00 is a little steep but if you consider a trip to Houston for me is at least 100.00 for a hotel, 150.00 for gas, food, track day, etc... it adds up fast. My calculations of the last 3 track days was roughly 400.00 - 450.00 for one day. Well worth the money but expensive to say the least.

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #24
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
Gotta love how those PM's start flying around People are so protective
yeah, i am so even tempered I don't like offending people but sometimes no matter what you do you can't win
Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #25
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

im coming up to austin on the 10th to ride if you guys would like to meet up with us.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #26
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Well Tim-Tim, I haven't ridden there, but I've talked to a lot of folks that have.

The basic gist of it is as Keith said- fun track, nice layout.

The elevation changes are supposed to be pretty dang nice, and the pavement (aside from the tar snakes) is supposed to be very nice too.

The deal is that with a tight/ technical track (like OHR or Cresson's 1.3) with blind tight turns, it hones your skills to a degree you may not notice until you ride a bigger track!

Personally, I dig on tracks that are tight and technical, I think it separates the skillful riders from those that try to use horsepower alone to be fast. Some of the liter bike riders were complaining about the size of this track and that it's "not good for a liter bike". But after watching Jeff Grant haul around GSS (which is really small and tight) on his CBR1000RR, I relegate all those folks to the "whiner" group!

You'll have fun, seat time is seat time- and at a track that is tight/ technical, it's good seat time!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #27
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Well Tim-Tim, I haven't ridden there, but I've talked to a lot of folks that have.

The basic gist of it is as Keith said- fun track, nice layout.

The elevation changes are supposed to be pretty dang nice, and the pavement (aside from the tar snakes) is supposed to be very nice too.

The deal is that with a tight/ technical track (like OHR or Cresson's 1.3) with blind tight turns, it hones your skills to a degree you may not notice until you ride a bigger track!

Personally, I dig on tracks that are tight and technical, I think it separates the skillful riders from those that try to use horsepower alone to be fast. Some of the liter bike riders were complaining about the size of this track and that it's "not good for a liter bike". But after watching Jeff Grant haul around GSS (which is really small and tight) on his CBR1000RR, I relegate all those folks to the "whiner" group!

You'll have fun, seat time is seat time- and at a track that is tight/ technical, it's good seat time!
I agree with you 100%, as a noob, ECR was a tough track to get used to. However, when I rode TWS (Texas World Speedway) after ECR I was so much more comfortable with the corners, and more importantly my corner entry speed. I like TWS (Texas World Speedway) but I have to say ECR was pretty tough and much more work to get around! I am assuming H2R is going to be the same.

I have received a ton of positive feedback about Moira and her team, I talked to her on the phone too. You know how this works, I am really comfortable with my LSTD and TTD folks, I want as much information as possible when trying a new group. Sounds like it will be fine and I am really looking forward to it.

Only negative is that I was going to drop my bike off at Motorcycles Unlimited for all my upgrades ..... now I have to wait till after my vacation to Jamaica to get the work done, which sucks cause I am gonna be there for 14 days (would have been perfect). Don't get me wrong Jamaica is gonna be a blast but would have loved to get the bike done while I was away. Then could have come back to some more track time on my 'new' track bike. Oh well, sux but can't change it now!

Can't wait to get out of here this afternoon! I hate work!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #28
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Only negative is that I was going to drop my bike off at Motorcycles Unlimited for all my upgrades ..... now I have to wait till after my vacation to Jamaica to get the work done, which sucks cause I am gonna be there for 14 days (would have been perfect).
Wait a minute while I try to conjure up a tear for you...

Old 08-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #29
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
now I have to wait till after my vacation to Jamaica to get the work done, which sucks cause I am gonna be there for 14 days (would have been perfect). Don't get me wrong Jamaica is gonna be a blast but would have loved to get the bike done while I was away. Then could have come back to some more track time on my 'new' track bike. Oh well, sux but can't change it now!

Can't wait to get out of here this afternoon! I hate work!
POOR YOU!!! I was in Jamaica not too long ago....wish it was in my backyard. no worries, everything is irie.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #30
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Wait a minute while I try to conjure up a tear for you...
I know it sounds vein,wow didn't even realize how stupid that sounds, but really not the case!

I have not taken a 'real' vacation for 5 years at least, the wife basically bought it and then told me about it... What can you do, I am not gonna complain thats for sure! It was one of those "YOU DID WHAT?????", then followed by no or affection for like 2 weeks, then i was all "ahhhh honey, smoooopy.... " you know the BS. What can you do?

Like I said before, she keeps my on the mantle and lets me have them every now and then!