MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #21
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Pretty sure you got it wrong there Tim. The guy buying the bike paid cash, he isn't trying to get financed on it at all. Dreamer has a lien on the bike so he needs to take the cash that the buyer paid him and give it to the bank to pay off the raminder of what he owes on the bike. Then, the bank will give him the title since it's legally his bike now. Once he has the title he will send it to the buyer. Not saying it's not still risky, but it's not what you were saying.

~Keith
hard to give an accurate explanation without knowing all the facts....just a quote I read somewhere this one time

Not to mention fragment sentences and ebonics style typing....tough to tell what he's saying. I had to read it four times to understand what he was trying to convey to us.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it legal to sell a motorcycle that a lien on? bcompton General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-06-2014 11:41 AM
Buying a bike with a lien from HSBC exalted512 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-13-2012 06:59 PM
Mechanical Lien? yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 09-20-2010 10:33 AM
Buying a Bike that Still has a Note/Lien AndreaJ200 General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 01-07-2010 09:58 AM
Lien on an Abandoned Trailer? DvlRacer Off Topic 4 11-15-2009 06:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2008, 04:05 PM   #22
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5gsxrman View Post
yeah...ban him ban him...yall act like somebodies parents....banning boot huh..is that what ist called..well you can bann deez nuts..lol
no, you got it wrong, the bannin boots attach to doze nuts

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #23
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
yeah...ban him ban him...yall act like somebodies parents....banning boot huh..is that what ist called..well you can bann deez nuts..lol
someone ban these recent morons please...there are a good 3 or 4 of 'em I could list.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:07 PM   #24
Houston'sK5
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Yellow Haro(Dave Mira Edition)
F4easy

Member Garage

User is banned

Houston'sK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #25
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
hard to give an accurate explanation without knowing all the facts....just a quote I read somewhere this one time

Not to mention fragment sentences and ebonics style typing....tough to tell what he's saying. I had to read it four times to understand what he was trying to convey to us.
Buyer sent me the facts yesterday when I inquired about why he didn't have the title yet. Ever hear that quote on assumptions?

I just noticed I spelled *remainder, raminder in my previous post....wtf?
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #26
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
lol..okay you got me...but yeah the issue with dreamer is all upside down....me and the gang will figure something out
its an easy fix, hes on the right track

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #27
Houston'sK5
Banned

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Yellow Haro(Dave Mira Edition)
F4easy

Member Garage

User is banned

Houston'sK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #28
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Buyer sent me the facts yesterday when I inquired about why he didn't have the title yet. Ever hear that quote on assumptions?

I just noticed I spelled *remainder, raminder in my previous post....wtf?
i wasn't assuming anything....I was reading the info at hand. Didn't know we had undercover behind the scenes stuff going on in here....muh bad.

now dat we git did strate, i hup ever1 gets der inshurins and registracshion figerd out. Makes it a to read when it's not in english, huh?
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #29
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
its an easy fix, hes on the right track
Yup, it's all out in the open now, all he's gotta do is the right thing and take care of his buyer
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #30
pimp2303

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
78 Yamaha yz400, 07 Honda cr-f230,

Member Garage

Dreamer is a man of his word, i am sure all will work out. Dreamer PM me/call me on how much you have left. i might be able to help you out some depending on how much it is.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #31
satanraven
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6 raven

rip
satanraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:46 PM   #32
Blue91

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanraven View Post
rip
huh?

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:57 PM   #33
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer!! View Post
I sold my 250 to Heytalktoryan about 2 weeks ago

But the guy i talked to over the phone said that i needed to send in the money from the bike and he would take off the lien and allow the buyer to switch the title over to their name at the dmv immediately, knowing i was going to finish paying the bike off next month...and i even asked to make sure.

I just got off the phone with the guy just now and went to ask about registration stickers and what not and now hes saying that i need to pay off the lien first...

so is there anything i can do? i dont want to be the bad guy and seem shady but i was only doing what the guy told me to do and now hes completely changed the stuff!!

send in your pay off then when the title comes in to you you sign and fill out the sellers part on the title application that the buyer should get at the county tax office, he goes and pays the taxes and then it gets sent to TXDOT due to the fact that Texas does NOT have a DMV(division of motor vehicles). the TXDOT will call the original lien holder and confirm that it has been released and "TA-DA' the guy you sold it to is the new legal owner.

if you trust the guy you can always register it in your name just like you did before, and no title or registration is necessary to get it inspected just your insurance card that is current, and if your the one registering it you don't even need the old registration or possibly even insurance card depending on your insurance carrier, some report directly to the TXDOT and DPS on insurance status
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #34
Heytalktoryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
send in your pay off then when the title comes in to you you sign and fill out the sellers part on the title application that the buyer should get at the county tax office, he goes and pays the taxes and then it gets sent to TXDOT due to the fact that Texas does NOT have a DMV(division of motor vehicles). the TXDOT will call the original lien holder and confirm that it has been released and "TA-DA' the guy you sold it to is the new legal owner.

if you trust the guy you can always register it in your name just like you did before, and no title or registration is necessary to get it inspected just your insurance card that is current, and if your the one registering it you don't even need the old registration or possibly even insurance card depending on your insurance carrier, some report directly to the TXDOT and DPS on insurance status
Dreamer, if it is indeed easier for you to put the title in your name, then I will gladly come and pick it up and have it transferred. I can't ride the bike with expired registration, so this is something that will need to be taken care of asap. You're friend above posted something about you owing 2900, but I'm pretty sure you told me that it was only 1900, so perhaps he is mistaken. You seemed like a really good guy when you met, so hopefully we can keep things civil and get this resorted in a timely and efficient manner. I would honestly hate to have to pursue this in court, so I'm going to continue assuming that you're a man of your word and will sort everything out. So far, Dreamer has been great in regards to communication with me. Everything has been very straight forward, and I can tell that he is a honest guy from the short time that I spent dealing with him. Hopefully, a simple communication mistake won't turn into a negative externality of this business transaction. Looking forward to hearing from you man, let me know as soon as you find anything out.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #35
Heytalktoryan

Also, dvlracer, thanks for everything. You've pretty helpful in this entire transaction; if we ever meet I'll buy you a beer or something to recoup for the kindness you've inflicted upon me.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:51 PM   #36
narfly

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

WIthout the Title. He can get it inspected and he can get a $25 30 day temporary tag for the bike. can not actually get it registered without the title.
narfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #37
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfly View Post
WIthout the Title. He can get it inspected and he can get a $25 30 day temporary tag for the bike. can not actually get it registered without the title.
Narfly is the expert on this,, what are you on now.. Temp plate #3?

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #38
narfly

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
Narfly is the expert on this,, what are you on now.. Temp plate #3?

narfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:07 PM   #39
Dreamer!!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
lol yea im going to pay it off, i really do apologize Ryan...it wont be until next month though

how about a free mesh jacket?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:13 PM   #40
Warpbender
warped and bent

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfly View Post
So.....How does a person register a vehicle with a 5 yr. loan?

Answer * anyone can register any vehicle with proof of ins. and a copy of last years registration or the current one mailed to the possessor.
I do this for my sister every year.

No one can register a vehicle with a different name with out the current clear title.

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement