MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #41
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Isn't the chevron on the south bound side of 45 and west bound side of 105? that one?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cruiser ride!?!? noy609 Cruisers Lounge 19 08-16-2014 05:34 AM
7/2/14 SHNF ride Zrx jet's 1st ride in the forest Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 07-03-2014 10:03 AM
N 1st N00b Ride for Feb. A Looong ride through the Country and The Forest Sat 2/22/2014 Blamdiggity Events, Meets and Rides 170 02-25-2014 08:48 PM
Secret Forest Ride Saturday Dec 11 KSU 945-Moderate Ride Starting in Katy Rykoson Events, Meets and Rides 32 12-12-2010 03:05 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #42
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

i wished could make this one... I need to get the harrley out for a spin

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #43
FoxRod
Village Idiot

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki SV1000
2004 Suzuki DR650
2007 Kawasaki KLX110
1984 Chevy Suburban 4x4

I've got everything setup and I'll probably be gettin to Conroe early, around 8:45ish, just because. The weather looks like scattered T-storms but coming into houston just after we leave, and then another wave will be coming just after we return - according to weather.com

I'll see yall in the morning in Conroe!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #44
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

I hungz out wit da cruzzarz.

I had a great ride, thanks guys. Even going back for Toni (Meaner) was pretty fun. Met up with her and we made it home no problem.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #45
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

MAN WHAT A DAY! I forgot how fun the forest is on the Vmax! I had a blast! We only had one incident but we will let those involved post the info on that if they choose to do so. If either of you need any help let me know and I will grab my tools and do what I can for ya Other than that it looks like we all made it safely out of the forest. we even picked up another Vmax rider from my Vmax family on the way back from Yankees...

Ryne, great to meet ya and thanks for putting this together

Noah, great to see ya again man... gotta do this again.

Foxrod, good to meet

Secretagent, good to meet you and the misses.

Meaner-n-u & Guitar man, we live too close together to not ride more often.

02meanie, good to meet you too.

Clyde, great to see you again and good to ride with ya

Like I said: if any of you need any help let me know
Old 08-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #46
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
MAN WHAT A DAY! I forgot how fun the forest is on the Vmax! I had a blast! We only had one incident but we will let those involved post the info on that if they choose to do so. If either of you need any help let me know and I will grab my tools and do what I can for ya Other than that it looks like we all made it safely out of the forest. we even picked up another Vmax rider from my Vmax family on the way back from Yankees...

Ryne, great to meet ya and thanks for putting this together

Noah, great to see ya again man... gotta do this again.

Foxrod, good to meet

Secretagent, good to meet you and the misses.

02meanie, good to meet you too.

Clyde, great to see you again and good to ride with ya

Like I said: if any of you need any help let me know
Had a good ride......and I won't lead anymore.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #47
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Had a good ride......and I won't lead anymore.
You did great! A predictable leader is a great thing to have. I like being able to trust the leader and their abilities
Especially when I don't know where I am going
Old 08-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #48
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
You did great! A predictable leader is a great thing to have. I like being able to trust the leader and their abilities
Especially when I don't know where I am going
I got a little carried away a couple of times...........
Old 08-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #49
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
little fast paced for a "cruiser" ride, but i had fun bringing up the rear. glad to meet everyone!
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #50
Guitar Man

Bike(s):
73 Triumph Tiger 750

Quote:
Really! We can almost throw rocks at each others houses. PM us anytime.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #51
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
Really! We can almost throw rocks at each others houses. PM us anytime.
you got it! we have some great roads out here even for just an evening ride.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #52
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
little fast paced for a "cruiser" ride, but i had fun bringing up the rear. glad to meet everyone!

+1 I had fun riding 149 slower with you guys and I had even more fun riding slower home! Nice bike, nice to meet you and your wife - Hope to see you out more!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #53
BrutusTx

Member Garage

It was a pleasure meeting ya'll............
Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #54
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
+1 I had fun riding 149 slower with you guys and I had even more fun riding slower home! Nice bike, nice to meet you and your wife - Hope to see you out more!
yeah, we definitely need to ride more. my bob is barely breaking in! i just barely hit 2200 miles on it today!
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #55
FoxRod
Village Idiot

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki SV1000
2004 Suzuki DR650
2007 Kawasaki KLX110
1984 Chevy Suburban 4x4

Ok here's what happened . .

Coming north on 3090, at the very firsdt lefty just east of the 190 intersection a double-apex turn came up, but I didn't know it. I cleared the first apex no problem and when the road looked to straighten a bit I got on the gas a little too much because when that second apex appeared I was coming in too hot. So I got on the brakes and when I thought I wasn't gonna make it I straightened up and aimed for the ditch to recover and get back on. I made it into the the grass ok and stable, but just half a second after that, when I was aiming to get back on track, is when it happened.

I later found out from Keith that he saw me straighten up and got scared that he would hit me if I slowed down enough to come back into the road at a sharper angle. So he got on his brakes and straightened up but in his panic he locked his rear tire causing him to slide and, just before leaving the should, high-sided. He told me he was in the air and off his bike when it hit mine and the last thing he remembered seeing was the Teknic label on the back of my jacket.

Our bikes collided just a few feet off the shoulder in the grass. That's when my dirt-riding experience came in. I felt the impact and bailed off my bike. I managed to roll and get back on my feet quickly after flying about 12 feet thru the air. When I turned around I saw both our bikes laying in the soggy grass but no Keith. I looked ahead of me and there he was lying face down in the ditch. I've done some cornerworking for the CMRA so I knew I had to get him talking. I kept trying for about 40 seconds when he finally said something and was telling me he hurt really bad. I asked him if he could spin around himself to get his head elevated towards the shoulder and out of the ditch but he said his back, hip, and shoulder were hurting way too bad so I just kept talking to him. About 3min after the crash, probably sooner, ( I was impressed with yall's reaction time btw ) the rest of the gang spun around and came back to help.

After getting all the informationg and bikes out of the way, Keith rode to the hospital in an ambulance and everyone split up. I went to get some food and drink in me first, but directly after I went to the hospital to go check on him.

The doctor's and X-ray's reports concluded [U]he had no broken bones and only severe bruises. I also have no pains and only a small bruise behind my knee. He was to be released that same night from the ER to be taken home by his wife and daughter, while his son was to pick up the bike from the scene. I was able to ride mine straight to Sugar Land, and unfortunately, right into work. Boo. I'm so tired.

The damage report is pretty extensive on the bikes. I know mine will need some major bodywork, either new handlebars or I'll just bend the other side of my current ones, my license plate bracket is shot, my airbox cover, front and rear fenders will all need replacement, and a piece of the frame will need to be replaced, if not the entire thing. From what I saw on his bike he'll need mirrors, a new tank, and probably some pegs. There's probably more that will need to be worked on but that's about all I can tell. For now: it's bedtime.

In short, Keith is going to be ok and has no broken bones, I was hardly injured, but both bikes will need some definite shoptime.

Once the bikes get back up I'm definitely going for a Cruiser Forest Ride REDO with [B]] crashes. I even modified my route to involve making a loop thru College Station to Somerville, down to Brenham, Industry, Sealy, and Brookshire back to I-10 for a total of 298miles from my house and back. I can post the route later if yall want.

I did learn too things tho: LEAN HARDER and LOOK AHEAD
Old 08-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #56
Guitar Man

Bike(s):
73 Triumph Tiger 750

The last time I rode on that corner it caught me by surprise. I've been on it numerous times, but still have to pay attention to it. "Weird corner" is what I call it. I really looks deceptive and you think you have it with no problem and then out of nowhere it will bite you. I leaned harder to get through the 2nd apex the last time. It's either lean or die.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #57
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad that, for the most part, you all r ok.

I passsed the spot and noticed a damaged red cruiser parked by the large red container.

I can not count, on 2 hands, how many people, I have witnessed run off or go down in that corner.

Be careful yall!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #58
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

Well guys, I had a blast! Thanks everyone for coming out.

Fox/Keith- I am glad you are both fine. I was out of my mind when I pulled up on you guys.

It was great to meet everyone. I want to try and make this a monthly or bi-monthly ride. We shall see though.
Wish I could sit here and write more but I am falling asleep on my computer.
Take care all and we will see you again soon.
LunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:16 AM   #59
Stacy
One day at a time!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRod View Post
Ok here's what happened . .

Coming north on 3090, at the very firsdt lefty just east of the 190 intersection a double-apex turn came up, but I didn't know it. I cleared the first apex no problem and when the road looked to straighten a bit I got on the gas a little too much because when that second apex appeared I was coming in too hot. So I got on the brakes and when I thought I wasn't gonna make it I straightened up and aimed for the ditch to recover and get back on. I made it into the the grass ok and stable, but just half a second after that, when I was aiming to get back on track, is when it happened.

I later found out from Keith that he saw me straighten up and got scared that he would hit me if I slowed down enough to come back into the road at a sharper angle. So he got on his brakes and straightened up but in his panic he locked his rear tire causing him to slide and, just before leaving the should, high-sided. He told me he was in the air and off his bike when it hit mine and the last thing he remembered seeing was the Teknic label on the back of my jacket.

Our bikes collided just a few feet off the shoulder in the grass. That's when my dirt-riding experience came in. I felt the impact and bailed off my bike. I managed to roll and get back on my feet quickly after flying about 12 feet thru the air. When I turned around I saw both our bikes laying in the soggy grass but no Keith. I looked ahead of me and there he was lying face down in the ditch. I've done some cornerworking for the CMRA so I knew I had to get him talking. I kept trying for about 40 seconds when he finally said something and was telling me he hurt really bad. I asked him if he could spin around himself to get his head elevated towards the shoulder and out of the ditch but he said his back, hip, and shoulder were hurting way too bad so I just kept talking to him. About 3min after the crash, probably sooner, ( I was impressed with yall's reaction time btw ) the rest of the gang spun around and came back to help.

After getting all the informationg and bikes out of the way, Keith rode to the hospital in an ambulance and everyone split up. I went to get some food and drink in me first, but directly after I went to the hospital to go check on him.

The doctor's and X-ray's reports concluded [u]he had no broken bones and only severe bruises. I also have no pains and only a small bruise behind my knee. He was to be released that same night from the ER to be taken home by his wife and daughter, while his son was to pick up the bike from the scene. I was able to ride mine straight to Sugar Land, and unfortunately, right into work. Boo. I'm so tired.

The damage report is pretty extensive on the bikes. I know mine will need some major bodywork, either new handlebars or I'll just bend the other side of my current ones, my license plate bracket is shot, my airbox cover, front and rear fenders will all need replacement, and a piece of the frame will need to be replaced, if not the entire thing. From what I saw on his bike he'll need mirrors, a new tank, and probably some pegs. There's probably more that will need to be worked on but that's about all I can tell. For now: it's bedtime.

In short, Keith is going to be ok and has no broken bones, I was hardly injured, but both bikes will need some definite shoptime.

Once the bikes get back up I'm definitely going for a Cruiser Forest Ride REDO with [b]] crashes. I even modified my route to involve making a loop thru College Station to Somerville, down to Brenham, Industry, Sealy, and Brookshire back to I-10 for a total of 298miles from my house and back. I can post the route later if yall want.

I did learn too things tho: LEAN HARDER and LOOK AHEAD
wow, glad to hear you guys are okay for the most part . Hope you both heal up and get the bikes worked out. I haven't been out to 3090 in over a year. I know many riders that have learned to respect that road the hard way, myself included
Old 08-25-2008, 01:35 AM   #60
zx636tx
Certified Bad

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R

Well, I just got back home from getting my Dads bike and going to see him in the hospital. The doctors decided to keep him overnight for observation due to some severe back spasms and nausea, but they expect him to be home tomorrow afternoon. I would like to thank everyone for their help, especially those that called (Pam) and helped (FoxRod).

The bike made it to College Station and back to Houston without problems. I got dropped off at my house and my brother took over to get the bike home. Damage is bad but fixable. New mufflers(he was looking for some anyway), mirrors, grips, pegs, possibly a new seat, headlight/ speedo and assembly. The forks, frame, wheels, brakes, motor, tranny, blinkers and brake lights all seem to be fine. It will need some shop time, but Big Red will be back on the road with my dad behind the bars.

Again, thanks to everyone on the ride and for all the help and offers of help we've recieved. See y'all out there soon. Be safe!
zx636tx is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement