MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #161
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxNinja07 View Post
so will there still be an organized forest ride this sat???
I'll be going to the forest. I'll be riding 15 mph the whole way and walking my bike around corners.... if you don't want to stay behind me then please be careful... we will all be riding 2 up so that you can have one person on each side to prevent the bike from falling over on the corners when you are pushing. each person is requaired to have done at least one track day to ensure that you are capable at 15mph on the streets. I'm tired of people going down on the forest rides and I aim to make sure that doesn't happen on this ride. We will leave PP2 at 3:00am on Saturday morning so we can be at the forest by 7. We need an early start there so that we can complete the ride and be back home by midnight. hope to see you guys there.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Champions Forest Area neighborhoods & Homes-Greenwood Forest Huntwick Ponderosa Petro Off Topic 136 03-13-2014 06:02 AM
Need forest guide or directions thru forest CG636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-21-2009 10:16 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Forest Gnomes: Sat 10.25: GSS or Forest? CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 27 10-20-2008 08:45 PM
ANSWER TO FOREST DISCUSSION THREAD FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 07-29-2008 04:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #162
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Old 07-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #163
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
I'll be going to the forest. I'll be riding 15 mph the whole way and walking my bike around corners.... if you don't want to stay behind me then please be careful... we will all be riding 2 up so that you can have one person on each side to prevent the bike from falling over on the corners when you are pushing. each person is requaired to have done at least one track day to ensure that you are capable at 15mph on the streets. I'm tired of people going down on the forest rides and I aim to make sure that doesn't happen on this ride. We will leave PP2 at 3:00am on Saturday morning so we can be at the forest by 7. We need an early start there so that we can complete the ride and be back home by midnight. hope to see you guys there.
Nice, sounds like a ride for me. , wait, I can't do it. I haven't had a track day. Dang it.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #164
Gimphsp
R6 Owner

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gimphsp Send a message via Yahoo to Gimphsp
Quote:

I am signed up for this ride!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #165
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Im taking a few to the track for riding the parade lap... Wanna come? go to pms... there is required gear but not full 1 pieces...
you can only go like 10 mph
Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #166
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
That was cleared up. ur a little to late tho. but thanks for making sure to say it in the rudest way possible.

I do understand the difference in the street and track. thats why i very very seldom ride street. I do agree its dangerous, and im not comfortable pushing a single limit on the streets. Im just saying, you cant stop the fast guys...why try? and they know the risk..that is their choice to take the risk.

and yes, i agree it might not be the best place to do 100+, but again, you cant stop them. and atleast they tried to help the newer ppl, by putting the three groups so that the newbs didnt have to use their egos to keep up
Negative. If you are planing on doing those speeds out there, you should not be bringing noobs and first timers with you IMO.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #167
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideForrestride View Post
Nice, sounds like a ride for me.
I'll ride my GoPed. I'll wear full leathers just in case.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #168
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

I say we all do the forest run on 50s ... that would be awesome!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #169
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Who here that is posting in this thread is a "fast forest rider" that does track days also.

Define fast ???
He who does not wreck
Old 07-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #170
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Let's do a forest ride on the phifties.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #171
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

This isn't off topic and this isn't the videos and pics section. Hate to be a but take it elsewhere, these posts do not belong in this thread.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #172
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
You beat me to it! It'd be fun.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #173
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #174
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
He who does not wreck
Who dat be?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #175
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
bigcomfy, here search for this video on youtube, PSYCHO1000 it is on 3090 and is Rocky and his brother and a few others. Awesome video, was a long time back but still a good 3090 video
I searched for it; nothing found.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #176
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
Let's do a forest ride on the phifties.
i'm up for it... just watch out for that 15 mph corner
Old 07-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #177
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Who here that is posting in this thread is a "fast forest rider" that does track days also.

Define fast ???
no need for names.

and why define fast? everyone has their own definition. There will always be someone "faster" and someone "slower"....

regardless, it is a dangerous ride. the individual makes their own choice to ride or not ride. understanding the risk. And if they chose to ride, it again is their own choice to fly to the wall over 100+ or to ride a slow pace, relaxing and enjoying being on the bike on nice roads...
Old 07-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #178
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
This isn't off topic and this isn't the videos and pics section. Hate to be a but take it elsewhere, these posts do not belong in this thread.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #179
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

HERE YOU GO

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60523
Old 07-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #180
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Seriously! Not this again!

We all know that riding is dangerous! Period! You can die on the bike if you are at the track going 120, on the forrest or fayetville ride going 100 or ride to the corner store going 15! WE ALL make that choice for ourselves! Who are we to police other riders???? It is pointless in the long run!

Advertisement