MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #141
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
What I was referring to is the fact that lots of people think the forest is a place to go and do triple the speed limit or more, drag knee, and be faster than the other guy. Let me be clear that the forest IS NOT the place for this.
Very true.

Last edited by maxgs; 07-29-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Champions Forest Area neighborhoods & Homes-Greenwood Forest Huntwick Ponderosa Petro Off Topic 136 03-13-2014 06:02 AM
Need forest guide or directions thru forest CG636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-21-2009 10:16 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Forest Gnomes: Sat 10.25: GSS or Forest? CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 27 10-20-2008 08:45 PM
ANSWER TO FOREST DISCUSSION THREAD FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 07-29-2008 04:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #142
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
In my experience, it's when the group gets too large that these accidents start to happen. It doesn't mean that they don't happen in smaller groups, they just happen far less often because yo don't have the ego's there.

Most small groups are friends who have ridden together for years and can predict what the other rider is going to do.

Solution: ride straight road.

Since we are at this, can we also find a solution for world peace?
M.A.D.D or war on drugs?

This is a never ending battle.
Be a friend, introduce them to track days. The bad side to trackday is, now that they are knowledgable they take it even harder than before.
Oh well, can't win for losing.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #143
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Ya'll didn't like the forest/3090 videos i posted?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #144
Amanda
Bulletproof

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
sorry dear but you are misunderstanding completely. I DO NOT disagree with groups to keep riders together by skill level, I also DO NOT disagree with using skill learned on the track on the street. What I was referring to is the fact that lots of people think the forest is a place to go and do triple the speed limit or more, drag knee, and be faster than the other guy. Let me be clear that the forest IS NOT the place for this.
crystal clear. thank you.

but thats why. the fast guys that dont do track every weekend, have an itch to ride. you cant stop them. Atleast they have made it safer by not putting noobs right behind them -hence the 3 groups...
Old 07-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #145
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
sorry dear but you are misunderstanding completely. I DO NOT disagree with groups to keep riders together by skill level, I also DO NOT disagree with using skill learned on the track on the street. What I was referring to is the fact that lots of people think the forest is a place to go and do triple the speed limit or more, drag knee, and be faster than the other guy. Let me be clear that the forest IS NOT the place for this.
we know this... but one person wrecked outside the forest below the recommended speed for that corner... what to do about that?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #146
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
NOPE...not a racer, but bet your hiney that 80% or better of intermediate group riders are just as fast as the "fast" forest riders.....I'm a lot faster now than when I was riding the street. Not Racer fast, but definitely faster.
whos to say "the faster forest riders" dont do track too?!?!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #147
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
absolutely AMAZING job on not listening to what we're saying at all!!! fantastic!
Fuking + a billion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
That is a bet, bet you cannot outride BigComfy on any choose of motorcycle

a bicycle you might have him
Do I see another big wheel showdown??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
did i misunderstand this? you guys are bashing bc "a little track idea" was taken to the streets?...do correct me if i misunderstand this...but im taking it as u guys think the 3 groups is a bad idea?!

Um yea you are. Go back and reread the rest of the posts. Or here I will explain again ... there is ONLY 1 speed limit sign out there....... People should not be going 100+ on back country rodes. There are no signs out there saying if you are a fast street rider go this speed. Like someone said earlier the slowest guy should be the fastest. You should understand the difference between street and track. Apparently not.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Old 07-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #148
TxNinja07

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Member Garage

so will there still be an organized forest ride this sat???
Old 07-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #149
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
NOPE...not a racer, but bet your hiney that 80% or better of intermediate group riders are just as fast as the "fast" forest riders.....I'm a lot faster now than when I was riding the street. Not Racer fast, but definitely faster.
Yeah, I agree. I'm sure most everyone would be faster once having some track days under the belt. I'm too cheap to fork out the money for track days (although I hope to do a couple eventually), but nor do I claim or try to ride "fast" on the streets. I'm too paranoid with cars pulling out around curves, crappy asphault, etc.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #150
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i guess i missed those... i saw, small groups... group by skill level... group by knowledge of the road... don't group... keep to PM's... have a sweeper... don't have a sweeper... ride at the slowest person's pace... stop and tell people to slow down on corners...

none of these have worked and someone went down. what else can be done?
one in particular i mention...for these n00b rides where you have altogether 75+ people, of which a huge portion have never been to the forest. Maybe stick a pair of experienced riders with nore more than 6-8 or so noobs. One in front one in back. The person in front can lead the way and set the pace, the person in back can be looking for ways to help these riders and give them advice.

Not sure who someone chimed in and said we are not a school and not here to teach or help you. If that is the case and riders plan on going these triple digit speeds through the forest, maybe you should keep those rides private.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #151
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
we know this... but one person wrecked outside the forest below the recommended speed for that corner... what to do about that?
like i said of course you cannot prevent ALL accidents. But the majority of the accidents happen out there are people riding above their limit. maybe if someone was there to watch them and suggest hey maybe you should be in this group instead, or maybe you should hang back a little further in our group, or you should do this differently. Things could be avoided.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #152
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
Um yea you are. Go back and reread the rest of the posts. Or here I will explain again ... there is ONLY 1 speed limit sign out there....... People should not be going 100+ on back country rodes. There are no signs out there saying if you are a fast street rider go this speed. Like someone said earlier the slowest guy should be the fastest. You should understand the difference between street and track. Apparently not.
I still remember our "break in" ride on some of the fayetteville roads... Brena, are you now a reformed street rider?

Old 07-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #153
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Not sure who someone chimed in and said we are not a school and not here to teach or help you. If that is the case and riders plan on going these triple digit speeds through the forest, maybe you should keep those rides private.
Who said anything about having a Forest ride at triple digit speeds?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #154
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Forest Rollcall (after we get done arguing)

1. Hooligan
2. Tarosean
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #155
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxNinja07 View Post
so will there still be an organized forest ride this sat???
Im taking a few to the track for riding the parade lap... Wanna come? go to pms... there is required gear but not full 1 pieces...
Old 07-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #156
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideForrestride View Post
Who said anything about having a Forest ride at triple digit speeds?
Don't even try...I have been on LOTS of these rides. More than I can count. People hit well into triple digits regularly.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #157
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post

That was cleared up. ur a little to late tho. but thanks for making sure to say it in the rudest way possible.

I do understand the difference in the street and track. thats why i very very seldom ride street. I do agree its dangerous, and im not comfortable pushing a single limit on the streets. Im just saying, you cant stop the fast guys...why try? and they know the risk..that is their choice to take the risk.

and yes, i agree it might not be the best place to do 100+, but again, you cant stop them. and atleast they tried to help the newer ppl, by putting the three groups so that the newbs didnt have to use their egos to keep up
Old 07-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #158
Gimphsp
R6 Owner

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gimphsp Send a message via Yahoo to Gimphsp
After Reading all this for the past hour I think I am gonna go on the next forest ride! Tiatool was a great leader last time i went out there with him and i Felt NO PRESSURE at all......
Old 07-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #159
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

* sorry guys...edit
Old 07-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #160
Gimphsp
R6 Owner

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gimphsp Send a message via Yahoo to Gimphsp
After Reading all this for the past hour I think I am gonna go on the next forest ride! Tiatool was a great leader last time i went out there with him and i Felt NO PRESSURE at all......
Closed Thread

Advertisement