MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #121
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
hmm....

I don't want to get banned so I'm gunna keep my opinions to myself.

there is no risk of ban. a admin has already been in here and said keep it clean. as long as posts abide by forum rules, there should be no risk of a ban.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Champions Forest Area neighborhoods & Homes-Greenwood Forest Huntwick Ponderosa Petro Off Topic 136 03-13-2014 06:02 AM
Need forest guide or directions thru forest CG636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-21-2009 10:16 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Forest Gnomes: Sat 10.25: GSS or Forest? CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 27 10-20-2008 08:45 PM
ANSWER TO FOREST DISCUSSION THREAD FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 07-29-2008 04:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #122
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

the old crew

Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #123
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
lets just put a sign up at one end of every curvy road and every place a side streets connect s that says, "curvy road ahead, If you can't turn, stay the off this road"
The third group uses all hand signals and brake light flashes and still has problems(three off road, one down in three months)
Old 07-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #124
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
this is exactly the opposite of what we are saying

I don't know about any locked thread. A admin simply asked we take the discussion out of the other thread and we did. This thread was meant to be a discussion of what we can do to make group forest rides safer. So far has pretty much been people getting defensive or arguing there is nothing you can do, people will wreck, people will get hurt or die. I think this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. There is logical discussion that can come from this thread on the intended subject and good solutions that could come out of it....sadly I think it won't because people are more interested in getting pissy and arguing.
so what can you do, i feel all options have been thrown out except for someone standing next to the road holding a sign that says slow down sharp corner ahead and making sure someone has the ability to make such a corner before allowing them to continue on
Old 07-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #125
mathews

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

Personal responsibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #126
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Honda riders are sloooowwww
Fixed
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
Old 07-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #127
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Old 07-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #128
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
so what can you do, i feel all options have been thrown out except for someone standing next to the road holding a sign that says slow down sharp corner ahead and making sure someone has the ability to make such a corner before allowing them to continue on
see my previous posts in this thread. I as well as others have suggested things in this thread...there has been too much bickering in here to discuss it.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #129
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
The ride I went on one of the guys was standing near the corner signalling everyone to slow down. People still went down that day.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #130
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:

HAHAHA we do that as well. I get off the bike and signal everyone to SLOW DOWN at the 15mph curve on 3090.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #131
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
forest riders are sloooowwww
+1
Old 07-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #132
Brena23
Mothernugget

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Brena,

the group was split into 3 for reasons suggested. I keep reading smaller groups are safer, so we made the group smaller. I keep reading people feel like they need to keep up, so we split it by skill level. I keep reading people are riding too fast for others, so we split it by pace. I used the A, I, N analogy to simplify. I called the first group lightning jonny, second group experienced and third group cruiser. Does that work better for you?

Yes, people should hone their skills at the track, but let's be honest. It is alot easier to gear up and hit 3090. It is a fun road with curves. I didn't engeneer it that way. Some of these people going off are going at or under the speed limit. So blame TXDPS for setting the speed limit out there and making the road so curvy.
It doesn't matter what you classify them as.. Last time I checked there was one speed limit. Not slow, fast, and to the walls speed limits. I learned this and that would be why I ride on the track.

I never said it wasnt easier but when you have someone or 3 go down every weekend something is not working like it should be.

Quote:

If your lucky the ambo makes it there and says you need life flight, but if you have been laying needing lifeflight for an hour, how well do you think things are going?
If life flight can even land close to you. I have heard several instances where it has not been able to land close enough due to trees and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerzy View Post
which is why you can teach my a$$ on saturday... I'll be there

Wo0t Wo0t! See you there. I will be the girl on the pink bike with pretty tassels

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #133
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
this is exactly the opposite of what we are saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
Is this the new track version of riding the forest? Seems strange to have to seperate a group riding on the streets down to 3 groups novice, intermidiate and advanced just as you would on the track..
Quote:
I think alot of people see it as that. A track. Problem is...you know how long it takes to get an ambulance out there if something goes seriously wrong? I'll let you take a guess at how long it takes and where the nearest hospitals are.
did i misunderstand this? you guys are bashing bc "a little track idea" was taken to the streets?...do correct me if i misunderstand this...but im taking it as u guys think the 3 groups is a bad idea?!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #134
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
This thread is just one big .

rambling and rambling....

Forest Rollcall (after we get done arguing)

1. Hooligan
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #135
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
+1
LOL, all these pro racers up on MH.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #136
tarosean

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
I have personally witnessed CaligoneTX and Tia (and More) off their bikes warning noobs about corners.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #137
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
did i misunderstand this? you guys are bashing bc "a little track idea" was taken to the streets?...do correct me if i misunderstand this...but im taking it as u guys think the 3 groups is a bad idea?!
sorry dear but you are misunderstanding completely. I DO NOT disagree with groups to keep riders together by skill level, I also DO NOT disagree with using skill learned on the track on the street. What I was referring to is the fact that lots of people think the forest is a place to go and do triple the speed limit or more, drag knee, and be faster than the other guy. Let me be clear that the forest IS NOT the place for this.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #138
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideForrestride View Post
NOPE...not a racer, but bet your hiney that 80% or better of intermediate group riders are just as fast as the "fast" forest riders.....I'm a lot faster now than when I was riding the street. Not Racer fast, but definitely faster.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #139
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideForrestride View Post
no pro's just people that have alot of street miles and are tired of picking up friends and their bikes off the side of the road. Thus why I've got a track bike buddy

Would you like a cookie to go with that attitude?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #140
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
see my previous posts in this thread. I as well as others have suggested things in this thread...there has been too much bickering in here to discuss it.
i guess i missed those... i saw, small groups... group by skill level... group by knowledge of the road... don't group... keep to PM's... have a sweeper... don't have a sweeper... ride at the slowest person's pace... stop and tell people to slow down on corners...

none of these have worked and someone went down. what else can be done?
Closed Thread

Advertisement