MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 PM   #321
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
I like 3090
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Champions Forest Area neighborhoods & Homes-Greenwood Forest Huntwick Ponderosa Petro Off Topic 136 03-13-2014 06:02 AM
Need forest guide or directions thru forest CG636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-21-2009 10:16 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Forest Gnomes: Sat 10.25: GSS or Forest? CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 27 10-20-2008 08:45 PM
ANSWER TO FOREST DISCUSSION THREAD FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 07-29-2008 04:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #322
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Once again... who is having the issue with this ride? There is a slower paced group for the new riders. All the riders that admit they need to be there ride a good ride and make it to where they are planned on going(exempt one, he took a detour off the road but did alas ride his bike with us to yankees.)

Those whom do not know where they belong and are pushing their own limits are the ones with the problems on this ride... this is my personal experience from all these rides. Are we pushing them to ride faster? Nope... Ego-enforced by us? Um there is a busa leading the slow group...

Is 3090 discussed in detail from the curves in the front to the known bad corners before each ride? Yes. Reach past the feeding cage fence and see if the lion decides to bite your hand off. Its your choice to ignore recommended rules. 3090 will bite if you give it the opportunity.

ALL PEOPLE NEED TO DO IS BE HONEST WHEN THEY RIDE THIS RIDE.
We are all big boyz and girlz; if I need to hold your hand and say you cant ride over this speed limit, who are you to listen? you are riding your own ride. We offer paced leaders for where YOU decide YOUR level is. If there is an obvious problem, we have addressed it.

I have off days where I know I shouldn't lead; guess what, I dont... thats a matter of respect for yourself and the group with honesty and maturity.

Most people dont wear gear till they or someone they knows goes down... people learn the hard way most of the time... Sadly, its true.

I honestly think maybe Hooligan was right a while back about stopping forest rides all together; but I look forward to it. The people whom are honest w where they feel they belong or how they ride dont have problems. Everyone that went down in this group admits it was their doing... So why are those comments multiple pages back ignored that I posted?

You all honestly dont think we consider all these things when we assemble these rides? Tagging streets... come on... Interesting idea but I dont believe in graffiti of any type... if you cant see through the corner, dont take it... what is hard about that? this is basic motorcycling 101...
I went on my first forest ride a month ago because I had a hard time finding responsible people to ride with. Tiatool and CaligoneTx are awesome riders, leaders, teachers, and examples for all bikers. These guys foster a safe riding environment for every skill level. I ride to have fun and relax from a hectic work week. It would be my fault if I ride over my limits.

I am an intermediate rider and decided to ride with the "fast" group leaving from 1960 and 290 last weekend. Maxgs and Cdill35 made sure I wasn't left behind and didn't push me to ride harder. Maxgs even coached me on my riding.

These four guys have encouraged me by example to wear full gear. I have invested $800 bucks in additional gear I didn't have because of their example. The group that rides the forest is special. They have already in a few rides made me a better and safer rider.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone I mentioned stands above critique. If you don't like how the forest ride is run, don't go. As hard as these guys work on a Saturday to put together rides, they don't deserve a 20 page thread started by a critic.

Instead of posting this type of thread, post your own smaller rides, lead them, and come back with no crashes. Then teach us how its done. Leadership is earned. Lead follow or get out of the way.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:16 PM   #323
TrevorC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I like 3090
+1
Old 07-29-2008, 11:19 PM   #324
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I went on my first forest ride a month ago because I had a hard time finding responsible people to ride with. Tiatool and CaligoneTx are awesome riders, leaders, teachers, and examples for all bikers. These guys foster a safe riding environment for every skill level. I ride to have fun and relax from a hectic work week. It would be my fault if I ride over my limits.

I am an intermediate rider and decided to ride with the "fast" group leaving from 1960 and 290 last weekend. Maxgs and Cdill35 made sure I wasn't left behind and didn't push me to ride harder. Maxgs even coached me on my riding.

These four guys have encouraged me by example to wear full gear. I have invested $800 bucks in additional gear I didn't have because of their example. The group that rides the forest is special. They have already in a few rides made me a better and safer rider.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone I mentioned stands above critique. If you don't like how the forest ride is run, don't go. As hard as these guys work on a Saturday to put together rides, they don't deserve a 20 page thread started by a critic.

Instead of posting this type of thread, post your own smaller rides, lead them, and come back with no crashes. Then teach us how its done. Leadership is earned. Lead follow or get out of the way.
Thanx Blackjack. Mucho respecto for posting that up and good on you for investing some serious jack on some gear... May you never need it.

Oh yeah... I like 3090 +2
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #325
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post

Agreed 100% but....

your wasting your time, theres hypocrites on this thread. They think they are and whatever they say is nothing but the truth.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #326
TrevorC

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
i don't have a problem w/ the forrest or the rides out there. i've ridden that road so many times it is no longer enjoyable for me.

i also just do not like riding in big groups. nothing against anyone. I've grown out of that and prefer to ride alone. i used to laugh and prefer to hang in groups but now i laugh at ones that feel they need to be a part of a group
its good to have a group go with you...atleast 3-5 people on a forest ride....or any road that you'll be riding spirited on.

If you laugh at ones who need a group to go, I feel sorry for you when you wreck riding solo....and don't say it can't happen.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #327
cyrick21
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1999 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to cyrick21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Once again... who is having the issue with this ride? There is a slower paced group for the new riders. All the riders that admit they need to be there ride a good ride and make it to where they are planned on going(exempt one, he took a detour off the road but did alas ride his bike with us to yankees.)

Those whom do not know where they belong and are pushing their own limits are the ones with the problems on this ride... this is my personal experience from all these rides. Are we pushing them to ride faster? Nope... Ego-enforced by us? Um there is a busa leading the slow group...

Is 3090 discussed in detail from the curves in the front to the known bad corners before each ride? Yes. Reach past the feeding cage fence and see if the lion decides to bite your hand off. Its your choice to ignore recommended rules. 3090 will bite if you give it the opportunity.

ALL PEOPLE NEED TO DO IS BE HONEST WHEN THEY RIDE THIS RIDE.
We are all big boyz and girlz; if I need to hold your hand and say you cant ride over this speed limit, who are you to listen? you are riding your own ride. We offer paced leaders for where YOU decide YOUR level is. If there is an obvious problem, we have addressed it.

I have off days where I know I shouldn't lead; guess what, I dont... thats a matter of respect for yourself and the group with honesty and maturity.

Most people dont wear gear till they or someone they knows goes down... people learn the hard way most of the time... Sadly, its true.

I honestly think maybe Hooligan was right a while back about stopping forest rides all together; but I look forward to it. The people whom are honest w where they feel they belong or how they ride dont have problems. Everyone that went down in this group admits it was their doing... So why are those comments multiple pages back ignored that I posted?

You all honestly dont think we consider all these things when we assemble these rides? Tagging streets... come on... Interesting idea but I dont believe in graffiti of any type... if you cant see through the corner, dont take it... what is hard about that? this is basic motorcycling 101...
Well said man.

There is nothing wrong with how the ride is being put on right now. Both riders meetings are very detailed and give specific warnings about the bad corners, and what they look like.

As it has been said numerous times in this thread already each and every rider has the control of their own bike. Nobody is forcing anyone to go any faster than they are comfortable with. Everybody is "STRONGLY ENCOURAGED" to leave their egos at home on this ride, and in the end it is the riders responsibility to control their wrist and actions.

No matter how many restrictions you put in place and how many rules you have, there will always be 1 or 2 people that feel like they have to prove something out there, and will end up getting in over their head if they are not honest with themselves.

http://cyrick21.mybrute.com/
Old 07-29-2008, 11:23 PM   #328
TrevorC

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

Quote:
who said anything about me riding spirited? never said it can't happen. I'm sure it will.
so you use to ride way up north to ride the speed limit? and yeah honestly i hope you'll never go down....but riding with atleast another person increases your safety.

I like to ride at a decent pace, so i'll stick to the private / small groups on sundays sometimes. hopefully there will be one this weekend....should have my bike put back together by sat night.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #329
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
My 2 cents, fwiw

I used to haul on backroads, was all fun and great, till I wrecked.

Then came courtney and the kids.

Since, I don't go on rides like that anymore.

2 weeks ago, Matt(caligoneTx) was nice enough to let courtney and I tag along on their ride back from TWS (Texas World Speedway). We made out 2 groups, a normal paced group(our group) and a faster paced group (dunno how fast they went) our ride was great, and I like how matt (who knows those roads) led and made hand signals to the rest of the group to let them know what was coming up and what to do...

Also, I went on a ride with joe(tiatool) a few days before that, also a great ride and was moderately paced, I saw nothing wrong with THAT ride either...

However, I feel if you need to have a lengthy riders meeting explaining the paint marks your group put down....its deff not a ride id want to do nor recomend. If you are dragging a knee on public roads, again, get to the track and have your fun there. We have too many tracks and trackday orgs in the area not to.

Its saddens all of us to lose someone, it happens every year it seems.

I hope everyone goes on the forrest and 3090 rides, its a great ride beautiful scenery and great curvy roads.... just head warning and be safe, and as careful.

NONE of our boards want to lose anyone else, and have to attend any more funerals.

I wish everyone the best.
A good thread closer
Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #330
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
theres hypocrites on this thread. They think they are and whatever they say is nothing but the truth.
Yeah? Who?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #331
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

Quote:
Agreed 100% but....

your wasting your time, theres hypocrites on this thread. They think they are and whatever they say is nothing but the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Yeah? Who?
+1

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 07-29-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #332
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

lol

im gunna keep quite before i get... in trouble

I just see some bunk replys on this thread
Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 PM   #333
Blue91

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
While a smaller group can help lessen the chances of accidents, it won't cure them. I speak from personal experience and the memories of it were brought back to the forefront when Jim posted his thread this week.

I never rode bad but after my experience, I now ride even slower (rarely over the limit). Sometimes I wonder why I ride at all (I can't afford the track). I don't think the speed/fun is worth the risk.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:31 PM   #334
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
lol

im gunna keep quite before i get... in trouble

I just see some bunk replys on this thread
Old 07-29-2008, 11:36 PM   #335
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

Quote:
if it's something i posted shoot me a pm. i have no problem talking about how i feel with ya
+1
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #336
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
if it's something i posted shoot me a pm. i have no problem talking about how i feel with ya
naw aint nothin you said dave.

So what are we going to do about forest rides????
conclusion???

Theres got to be somthing we can do about all this, after all its a beautiful ride and its great meeting new people
Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 PM   #337
dirtyjerzy

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR600

Since this thread is supposed to be about how to make these rides safer. I am going to stick to that topic. The safest way possible is to do the speed limit if and the posted speed through the corners. That is why they are there, to make you get down the road in one piece. Anyone that decides to go beyond that is increasing there chances of crashing exponentially, whether they bought their bike yesterday or were born on the track. period.

I honestly can't see any other way of doing it without taking away from the experience.

If you think the group is too large go home or don't sign up in the first place.

If you don't want to get a ticket ride the speed limit or under.

If you are plain scared or lack the confidence to go on the ride don't go.

I don't know what people are looking for!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #338
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerzy View Post
Since this thread is supposed to be about how to make these rides safer. I am going to stick to that topic. The safest way possible is to do the speed limit if and the posted speed through the corners. That is why they are there, to make you get down the road in one piece. Anyone that decides to go beyond that is increasing there chances of crashing exponentially, whether they bought their bike yesterday or were born on the track. period.

I honestly can't see any other of doing it without taking away from the experience.

If you think the group is too large go home or don't sign up in the first place.

See ya at the track Sat!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #339
dirtyjerzy

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
See ya at the track Sat!
yah sucka fool... I already have a hard on! I hope it goes down so I can get on the bike.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #340
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:

I honestly can't see any other way of doing it without taking away from the experience.

Quote:
yah sucka fool... I already have a hard on! I hope it goes down so I can get on the bike.
Closed Thread

Advertisement