MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #241
tarosean

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
make it what you want...point remains that taking a shitload of people on a cruise is alot different than taking a load of people onto dangerous roads....

Really????

How many people die or wreck at the Galveston Rally?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Champions Forest Area neighborhoods & Homes-Greenwood Forest Huntwick Ponderosa Petro Off Topic 136 03-13-2014 06:02 AM
Need forest guide or directions thru forest CG636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-21-2009 10:16 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Forest Gnomes: Sat 10.25: GSS or Forest? CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 27 10-20-2008 08:45 PM
ANSWER TO FOREST DISCUSSION THREAD FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 07-29-2008 04:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #242
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Bunch of bullshit personal attacks in this thread. Animosiy written all over it. With all the resentments towards one another, not much effort or focus on a solution.

Why in the would I want to go to the track with any of u smart belittling the forest riders. Making fun of how slow they are, or how much of a noob they are, or how fast ur lap times are.

Never once have any of you EVER invited me to the track on a ride? Why? Cause you dont ride on the street anymore, you say.

How in the do you think I got introduced to the track? On the street. Not by any of you, but by someone else, who rides street and track. This is why I give MH ZERO credit for my enrollments on the track days. And the minute those people arent instructing, I'm moving to another organization. You probably dont give a , cause my money doesnt go to you.

You all just act like a buncho tough fast wanna be racers. Not here to help the new guy. Yea...youll help them when they pay thier money. And why? Cause u want them to be good? Or because u get a free track weekend out of it.

Bunch of grandiose if you ask me. Thats why when I go to the track, I DONT ASK ANY OF YOU FOR HELP. I go to the real people. The ones I trust.

Off topic but I dont give a .
Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #243
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Im out

I appologize for bringing riders together, providing an opportunity for those whom want to increase their skills in a safer way on the street. I promise I will look inward more often and leave newbie riders to make their own mistakes while they are riding alone or with their newbie friends.

And yet again I wanna reiterate is there one person that went off or down that didn't blame themselve completely? And give props to the group?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #244
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Jesus christ

a lil much Brent.....kinda unnecessary bro.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #245
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Jesus christ

Dude, you went on multiple rides and then now ranting and raving about how screwed up the ride is.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #246
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Jesus christ

You've told me mroe than once what I have to say is unnecessary. And that's fine. I like ya Ryan. Report the post and they can delete it. I stand by what I wrote.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #247
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Bunch of bullshit personal attacks in this thread. Animosiy written all over it. With all the resentments towards one another, not much effort or focus on a solution.

Why in the would I want to go to the track with any of u smart belittling the forest riders. Making fun of how slow they are, or how much of a noob they are, or how fast ur lap times are.

Never once have any of you EVER invited me to the track on a ride? Why? Cause you dont ride on the street anymore, you say.

How in the do you think I got introduced to the track? On the street. Not by any of you, but by someone else, who rides street and track. This is why I give MH ZERO credit for my enrollments on the track days. And the minute those people arent instructing, I'm moving to another organization. You probably dont give a , cause my money doesnt go to you.

You all just act like a buncho tough fast wanna be racers. Not here to help the new guy. Yea...youll help them when they pay thier money. And why? Cause u want them to be good? Or because u get a free track weekend out of it.

Bunch of grandiose if you ask me. Thats why when I go to the track, I DONT ASK ANY OF YOU FOR HELP. I go to the real people. The ones I trust.

First good post of the thread IMO. I apologize for being a .
Old 07-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #248
tarosean

Bike(s):

Quote:

Old 07-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #249
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
I think that is the first thing we have agreed on... +10000000000000 Very well said!
yesss !!!! thank you brena !!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #250
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
You've told me mroe than once what I have to say is unnecessary. And that's fine. I like ya Ryan. Report the post and they can delete it. I stand by what I wrote.
And I like ya too Brent...just a diff on opinion on some things...completely understandable.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #251
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
First good post of the thread IMO. I apologize for being a .
Accepted. I think u just got the job? Congrats! If I am mistaken, then forgive me.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #252
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
And I like ya too Brandt...just a diff on opinion on some things...completely understandable.
Fixed it for you!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #253
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Accepted. I think u just got the job? Congrats! If I am mistaken, then forgive me.
Thanks. See you Saturday bro.

I think it may be time to lock this dirty hooker of thread down.

Agree?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #254
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Fixed it for you!
Sorry, Thank you...I suxxorz at spelling.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #255
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Time to go home, be back in a bit....so now that the arguing has died down...can we discuss the ways we can help make large group rides on dangerous rodes safer now?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #256
rideForrestride

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Time to go home, be back in a bit....so now that the arguing has died down...can we discuss the ways we can help make large group rides on dangerous rodes safer now?
No we can't. Sorry.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #257
tarosean

Bike(s):

Quote:
Sure try to use the HOV lanes when possible. That way you only have one vehicle to worry about... Course some cannot even get that one down...

Last edited by tarosean; 07-29-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #258
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
i agree with the smaller group...i did 3090 with 5 people inc. me this sunday...we had a blast and had all about the same skill level with curves....but then again ive heard all good bout the motohouston forest rides...i just tend to shy away from large groups where you dont know the people or their skill level and personally i wouldnt want "that person" in front of me that is tryin to prove somethin.....
I agree with most of what you say except for having "that person" in front of you. That is the best place for them to be, cuz you're looking at them. You sure don't want them behind you.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #259
Gimphsp
R6 Owner

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gimphsp Send a message via Yahoo to Gimphsp
We Can Help by making sure Everyone knows that your not being forced to ride faster than yourself can Handle!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #260
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
I may be wrong. but I heard once someone (i honestly dont know who) went on some of the hot riding roads and spray painted x's or boxes or something on the really bad corners.... i may be wrong. but i kinda thought that was a good idea . and then in the riders meeting, run across it so ppl know what to look for?!?!

I wish there was a solution. I truly do! and im sure every "forest" or "street" rider wishes streets were safer. No one wants to lose a friend of loved one. but the only way it could be better was if there was never a car in sight. all trees/poles were removed. the ditches were filled with soft grass or pillows. Its just not humanly possibel guys, as much as we wish it was. So it will always resort in the end to the individual making the choice to take the risk or not.

Advertisement