MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #181
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
This isn't off topic and this isn't the videos and pics section. Hate to be a but take it elsewhere, these posts do not belong in this thread.
which posts? Mine?

They were of the road you are currently discussing fyi.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Champions Forest Area neighborhoods & Homes-Greenwood Forest Huntwick Ponderosa Petro Off Topic 136 03-13-2014 06:02 AM
Need forest guide or directions thru forest CG636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-21-2009 10:16 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Forest Gnomes: Sat 10.25: GSS or Forest? CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 27 10-20-2008 08:45 PM
ANSWER TO FOREST DISCUSSION THREAD FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 07-29-2008 04:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #182
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
This isn't off topic and this isn't the videos and pics section. Hate to be a but take it elsewhere, these posts do not belong in this thread.

This discussion is going nowhere and, based on the previous discussion, never will. Might as well have a few cool videos to keep the readers entertained.

Sportbikes are dangerous. If you ride fast, you might get injured or die. It can happen solo, in small groups, or in large rides on the track or on the street. No amount of pontificating will ever change these simple facts.

-Curt

Last edited by maxgs; 07-29-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #183
Brena23
Mothernugget

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
whos to say "the faster forest riders" dont do track too?!?!
Okay go start a poll and see how many fast track guys ride the street. This is people that run under say 2:05 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and Under 1:55 at MSRH. 99% of these guys dont ride the streets at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
I still remember our "break in" ride on some of the fayetteville roads... Brena, are you now a reformed street rider?
I dont ride the streets at all anymore, and our little ride we did out there, I had no clue where I was and was pushing it way harder than I wanted to because I would have been SCREWED if I lost yall back there being I wouldnt have known where we were. If you remember correctly I said something to david about that and pushing it harder than I thought you should have been being the first time on that bike..

Quote:
That was cleared up. ur a little to late tho. but thanks for making sure to say it in the rudest way possible.

I do understand the difference in the street and track. thats why i very very seldom ride street. I do agree its dangerous, and im not comfortable pushing a single limit on the streets. Im just saying, you cant stop the fast guys...why try? and they know the risk..that is their choice to take the risk.

and yes, i agree it might not be the best place to do 100+, but again, you cant stop them. and atleast they tried to help the newer ppl, by putting the three groups so that the newbs didnt have to use their egos to keep up
The guys that are going off or down 90% of the time are not the "experianced track riders" The guys going down are ones that are pushing it past there limits and well a 65 mph turn is not out of there limits. You are bringing stuff into play that has no relevance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Who here that is posting in this thread is a "fast forest rider" that does track days also.

Define fast ???
This is an answer I would looove to know I would say run under say 2:05 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and Under 1:55 at MSRH that is a pretty good speed.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Old 07-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #184
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
I'll ride my GoPed. I'll wear full leathers just in case.
That is to danderous!! You can only ride that at the track!!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #185
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Seriously! Not this again!

We all know that riding is dangerous! Period! You can die on the bike if you are at the track going 120, on the forrest or fayetville ride going 100 or ride to the corner store going 15! WE ALL make that choice for ourselves! Who are we to police other riders???? It is pointless in the long run!
True...you can die in any of these situations. But which seems more logical....120 at the track.....or 100 in the forest?

I can tell you I don't want to go down and say puncture a lung or worse out in the middle of nowhere waiting 1 hour for a ambulance to arrive.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #186
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
He who does not wreck
everyone wrecks...even the "best"...im hoping u were joking...

Quote:
Negative. If you are planing on doing those speeds out there, you should not be bringing noobs and first timers with you IMO.
thats ok. we all are just speaking opinions. i like you ryan and have no problem with you. I see both sides. i do.and i would love if there was a cheap/free place to ride..ie a track every single day, so knowone ever had to worry about roadkill, cars, trees, soccer moms etc...but thats just not the case.

and your opinion is right, thats why they put the slow ppl with the slow ppl. not with the fast guys. and thats also why they changed it to private/pm/invitation only!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #187
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
This discussion is going nowhere and, based on the previous discussion, never will. Might as well have a few cool videos to keep the readers entertained.

Sportbikes are dangerous. If you ride fast, you might get injured or die. It can happen solo, in small groups, or in large rides on the track or on the street. No amount of pontificating will ever change these simple facts.

-Curt
feel free to post off topic and videos in their respective sub-forums...this isn't the thread to on.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #188
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNBULLET View Post
you can only go like 10 mph
not at TWS (Texas World Speedway)... we were in third pushing post legal speed limits if we were on the road.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #189
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
True...you can die in any of these situations. But which seems more logical....120 at the track.....or 100 in the forest?

I can tell you I don't want to go down and say puncture a lung or worse out in the middle of nowhere waiting 1 hour for a ambulance to arrive.

I've done both of these and was well aware of the consequenses of a crash at those speeds before i did either of them.... It was my choice... until you can take away my choice, I'm going to do it if i feel like it unless I have told someone that I won't
Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #190
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
everyone wrecks...even the "best"...im hoping u were joking...

Why the gesture?

Is this thread turning you on? Are you telling us you have a weewee?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #191
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
i like you ryan and have no problem with you. I see both sides.

and your opinion is right, thats why they put the slow ppl with the slow ppl. not with the fast guys. and thats also why they changed it to private/pm/invitation only!!!
And I like you. Some are seeing this thread as an attack, and that is not what it is.

Since when has it been private/pm/invitation only?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #192
Gimphsp
R6 Owner

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gimphsp Send a message via Yahoo to Gimphsp
I am seeing this as a thread that Needs to end!!!! Anyone else see that.

1. gimphsp
Old 07-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #193
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
I've done both of these and was well aware of the consequenses of a crash at those speeds before i did either of them.... It was my choice... until you can take away my choice, I'm going to do it if i feel like it unless I have told someone that I won't
No one is trying to take your choice away...but do you think it is very smart to do this and drag people that don't know what they are doing with you?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #194
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
Okay go start a poll and see how many fast track guys ride the street. This is people that run under say 2:05 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and Under 1:55 at MSRH. 99% of these guys dont ride the streets at all.

I dont ride the streets at all anymore, and our little ride we did out there, I had no clue where I was and was pushing it way harder than I wanted to because I would have been SCREWED if I lost yall back there being I wouldnt have known where we were. If you remember correctly I said something to david about that and pushing it harder than I thought you should have been being the first time on that bike..

The guys that are going off or down 90% of the time are not the "experianced track riders" The guys going down are ones that are pushing it past there limits and well a 65 mph turn is not out of there limits. You are bringing stuff into play that has no relevance.

This is an answer I would looove to know I would say run under say 2:05 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and Under 1:55 at MSRH that is a pretty good speed .

i fall under that category and dont "ride" street and because i dont, people think i dont ride at all

2:02 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on street tires for the win!!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #195
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Ryan-- I know you genuinely care about fellow riders and want to see if there's any way to "stem the tide" so to speak.

Frustrated OG's--I understand this is all old hat to you and seemingly pointless, but please be gracious and allow the folks who are newer to MH and the forest rides to talk it out since they feel the need.

My dead-honest opinion is that some of the measures that may lessen (can't eliminate) the accidents would near be classified as heroic...and time-consuming...and inconvenient. I think that most of the reasonable measures that can be taken are in effect. Different organizers have different styles, and the best we can do is educate one another and make informed decisions.

Last edited by Mala Lingua; 07-29-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #196
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post

you start the thread...cuz i frankly dont give a who is fast or who is slow, who rides track, who rides street. I just hope for the best whatever they choose. yes i think track is safer...and i dont think that is the argument. everyone knows and understands that

You are bringing stuff into play that has no relevance.
your right, bc talking about making a thread of who is fastest is totally on topic
Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #197
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
... and drag people that don't know what they are doing with you?
Riders are responsible for THEIR OWN ACTIONS. There is no "dragging people along". This has been a recurring theme in this thread as well as the previous forest ride threads.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #198
Amanda
Bulletproof

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
And I like you. Some are seeing this thread as an attack, and that is not what it is.

Since when has it been private/pm/invitation only?
+1, not an attack.

and since a while ago....
Old 07-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #199
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Riders are responsible for THEIR OWN ACTIONS. There is no "dragging people along". This has been a recurring theme in this thread as well as the previous forest ride threads.
I apologize. maybe that wording should not have been used. Maybe we should not be "inviting" first timers out there to ride on the same group ride as people who are riding the forest like it is a track.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #200
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
No one is trying to take your choice away...but do you think it is very smart to do this and drag people that don't know what they are doing with you?
no I don't... unless they want to... notice i'm not dragging anyone... it is by their choice.... and then i pass on the known hazards to them and hope they know how to ride... I tell them don't try to keep up... act as if you are riding by yourself. but if i tell them i won't go over PSL them i don't.... unltimately, you are in control of your wrist, not me. if you let your ego lead to to where it shouldn't have, hopefully you live to tell about it. I've come to realize that nothing i can do will prevent dumb--no-ability-joe from running off the road
Closed Thread

Advertisement