MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #21
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

that first picture is freaking amazing!!! Susie, seriously awesome girl!

I can't wait to get into actually racing, my competitive side is screaming to jump in!!!!!! However, I know I am not ready. I need more time in the gym and on the track (been 6 weeks straight at the gym but only 4 track days in two months). I am not fat by any means but I have been a college athlete and pretty much a competitor all my life. I only know one way to compete and thats alllllllll out. 'You got to do it insane'. Just not ready yet unfortunately.

Can't wait to get there though, probably next season .....
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a couple of vids from LSTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) 10/2/11 tankmonkey Taking it to the Track 0 10-21-2011 06:37 PM
couple pics from 9-27-08 TWS (Texas World Speedway) ridesmart slowblack05 Taking it to the Track 21 10-03-2008 07:34 AM
Couple 'a random pics from 9-8 tomLSTD Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 8 09-14-2007 08:14 AM
A couple pics less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 11-10-2006 10:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #22
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
that first picture is freaking amazing!!! Susie, seriously awesome girl!

I can't wait to get into actually racing, my competitive side is screaming to jump in!!!!!! However, I know I am not ready. I need more time in the gym and on the track (been 6 weeks straight at the gym but only 4 track days in two months). I am not fat by any means but I have been a college athlete and pretty much a competitor all my life. I only know one way to compete and thats alllllllll out. 'You got to do it insane'. Just not ready yet unfortunately.

Can't wait to get there though, probably next season .....
you'll do great Timmy, but you gotta ditch that POS Brit bike and get yourself a winning steed! You can only win on a GIXXER man
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #23
ange062

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZX-6R race bike
'05 SV650 Street
CMRA Expert #826, #63 Team Supafly Mini-Endurance, #26 IDB Racing BB Endurance

Send a message via AIM to ange062
that 675 does make life easier in heavyweight twins tho!
ange062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #24
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange062 View Post
that 675 does make life easier in heavyweight twins tho!
+1
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #25
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
you'll do great Timmy, but you gotta ditch that POS Brit bike and get yourself a winning steed! You can only win on a GIXXER man
Yeah Yeah.... suki .... blah blah... only time will tell!!!!
I have been thinking about it though! Parts on my Triumph are so expensive and hard to get, all the other bikes parts are pretty easy to come by! I do love the triumph's sound and overall performance, pretty sweet on the corner exists, power just out the . But I am looking at 1500 for a decent rear shock (ohlins) the existing one has odd rebounding / feel. 1k for a slipper clutch, 800.00 for plastics, etc etc... I was thinking of changing to a bike that already has a slipper clutch and more readily available parts... I am gonna open this up on a new thread actually, should be fun to hear everyone pitching their bike

If I am going to cut one up for the track I might as well pick one I can get parts for cheep.... still thinking about it though!!!

Oh and dude what the is up with your avitar, I can't even look at it, scares me to death!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:06 AM   #26
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

<---has a 600rr with all the goodies FS
Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #27
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
<---has a 600rr with all the goodies FS
Yeah? Well I have most of the Triumph paid for but I would have to finance another bike... I have to appease the wife, sorry bro!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #28
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
Yeah? Well I have most of the Triumph paid for but I would have to finance another bike... I have to appease the wife, sorry bro!
Pay cash for a race bike.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #29
SCRC John

Member Garage

The 675 is a very good machine. They are VERY competative in heavyweight twins. $1000 for a slipper is about normal, $800 for GOOD bodywork is normal. The shock is a little high, but you'll love the Ohlins, and it is worth it.
There are a many 675's being raced in the CMRA now and they are doing well. I expect to see more next year.

John
Old 07-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #30
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
The 675 is a very good machine. They are VERY competative in heavyweight twins. $1000 for a slipper is about normal, $800 for GOOD bodywork is normal. The shock is a little high, but you'll love the Ohlins, and it is worth it.
There are a many 675's being raced in the CMRA now and they are doing well. I expect to see more next year.

John
I hear you brotha man, I really like my Triumph! But when I bought it I wasn't considering it for a racing machine.... That being said I want to compete in a 600cc bike class (don't know what classification that is in CMRA). I have not made a decision yet but I am gonna look into my options.

You ride a 675?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #31
SCRC John

Member Garage

I have ridden one, but no I do not own one.

The 675 is eligible for the 'C' classes I believe. That is the 600 inline 4 class. Word of caution, it is the deep end of the pool. The talent in the CMRA is DEEP, a fast novice out of the CMRA whoops a$$ every year up at the AMA Sports Grand Championships. Last year was the last for the Top Novice competition though.
What I am getting at is, for a first year racer, focus on classes that are slightly thinner. Unless you have a dirtbike or dirttrack background, or maybe YEARS of trackday riding experience you will struggle in the "premiere" classes.

IMHO

John
Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #32
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
I have ridden one, but no I do not own one.

The 675 is eligible for the 'C' classes I believe. That is the 600 inline 4 class. Word of caution, it is the deep end of the pool. The talent in the CMRA is DEEP, a fast novice out of the CMRA whoops a$$ every year up at the AMA Sports Grand Championships. Last year was the last for the Top Novice competition though.
What I am getting at is, for a first year racer, focus on classes that are slightly thinner. Unless you have a dirtbike or dirttrack background, or maybe YEARS of trackday riding experience you will struggle in the "premiere" classes.

IMHO

John
point taken! I have none of the past experience!! I looked up my bike on the CMRA site and it is eligible for the C classes. Looks that way to me anyhow.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #33
SCRC John

Member Garage

Oh BTW sorry about whoring up the pic thread
Old 07-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #34
ange062

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZX-6R race bike
'05 SV650 Street
CMRA Expert #826, #63 Team Supafly Mini-Endurance, #26 IDB Racing BB Endurance

Send a message via AIM to ange062
I agree with kawi_jm, just get any bike out there in CMRA, it's a whole different ballgame from trackdays and I think you'll bu surprised how fast even the slow guys are in the novice class.

The 675 is cool because is gives you entrance into niche classes like heavyweight twins. The regular C and B classes are obviously filled with the japanese bikes as expected, but the 675 is totally competent in any of those.

My endurance teammate races a 675 in just about every class it is eligiable for and is doing well this season. He is running the Penske shock, which is cheaper then Ohlins and he loves the thing. Also, for parts and what not, he just picked up a crashed 675 on ebay for $2700 that was nearly pristine but didnt have any bodywork and the radiator was smashed. Only 500mi on the thing! Just throwing ideas out there.
ange062 is offline   Reply With Quote