MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 02:04 AM   #1
ajbmwr1100s

Member Garage

Question Atten.. MSF instructors

Hey guys I have a weird question..When I took MSF a few years back at Boss Hoss off 610 (only place that had openings) it was insane. People wrecked their bikes like it was nobodys business. One guy even got taken to the hospital. Some people were even bringing the instructors breakfast every morning and you got it those were the ones wrecking their bikes. I see them on the roads occasionally too. The instructors well you could not even ask them questions because they would get just at the hint of one...I had a bad experience I guess but I want to know how common this is? My friends are about to take these courses and I told them to steer clear of Boss Hoss but I did recommend your schools. Just a discussion no flaming....Thanks again...AJC

Last edited by ajbmwr1100s; 11-02-2005 at 02:05 AM. Reason: mispelled words
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any instructors Still UP!! CUZ Off Topic 2 12-02-2013 09:27 AM
Lol, MSF Instructors should show this YouTube clip Korry1 New Riders and MSF Course Info 12 11-14-2013 12:50 AM
Any Scuba Instructors? DvlRacer Off Topic 10 07-12-2010 12:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2005, 03:21 AM   #2
PETE
CLUTCH

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
lol
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:55 AM   #3
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
figures... i sent 2 buddies there and experience was good with no one wrecking that i know of.

when i took it there, no one wrecked, everyone passed. it rained on both days and was freezing cold. we had to do the test even though it was raining. the lady did the talking and the guy demostrated on the bike. dun remember there names. both were white. i got yelled at by the white guy for doing extra circles. lol. i was one of the two that actually did the figure 8 without coming out the box. most put there feet down once or even twice. lol.

the class was a joke to me, but was still a good learning experience. i did it because i figure it saves me the hassle of the license test.

and yeah, not enough helmet selections. i had to fit in a medium. my head was fuking hurting like . had to take advils both days when i got home. 3 students even brought their own helmets and still not enough large to go around.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:14 AM   #4
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

only had 1 dropped bike this past weekend. if they crash too many times, they can get the boot. every class is diff. never have had a hospital trip. i thought i was gonna have 1 few weeks ago, she was ok.

a few students of mine are on the board. so if they speak up, you can get their feedback.

capt penetrate
the skill
moody
????
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:29 AM   #5
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

From my past instructing exp, that is not common or usual. I did have one student who ran over an instructor and yes, she failed. I have excused a few students for constantly wrecking. Some peolple are not meant to ride. And that's a good thing. I also had some students who failed and later returned to pass the class.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:49 AM   #6
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
never taken it... mabye someday I will..

but go to Ed (racer X)

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
ajbmwr1100s

Member Garage

Yea it was a different experience lol....geezz Godzuki someone actually ran over an instructor...hahahaha....all in all I recommend it though....
Old 11-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #8
TxVrod

The class I took supplied the bikes - albeit the largest-displacement motor was 15CI. It was nice because I saw a few bikes get dropped. Nothing hurt but pride.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
theskill

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'03 VFR

Send a message via AIM to theskill
250 sounds coolder than 15CI :laughing6

I vote for Racer X.
theskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #10
Din

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

racer x is msf king
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:09 AM   #11
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

i didn't have a great experience myself, but oh well. seems like a lot of the people there are there to learn to ride, as i was, and those few hours aren't enough. you would have to take the msf, get your license/insurance, and go buy a bike before you forgot all that you learned or already have a bike. i wasn't able to get a bike immediately so i forgot most of the stuff except the basics like how to shift and had to kinda reteach myself. but i got a cool keychain and drink coaster outta the deal
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:58 AM   #12
The Menace
We Fly HI

Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off

looking at doing soon
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote