Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

green streaks on my sv650. radiator leak?

when i left work today, i noticed green streaks on my engine when i approached the bike. there was a very small puddle under the bike. the puddle was somewhere between the size of a cd or a business card. i started the bike easliy and it drove ok with no noticeable flaws. while riding around 65mph i decided to pass a slow guy and when i gave the bike throttle it did not feel as strong as it usually does i also noticed some extra noise. like a fast ticking.

i was going to have some work done to the bike but could not due to unforeseen financial problems. i was going to get a new sprocket set and chain and an oil/filter change. i didnt get the work done because of money problems. :(
now my bike has this green junk on it. wtf.
i stopped before i got home to see if i could detect any drips or anything that looked broken, but i could detect nothing. the hoses felt like they had what i can only assume to be adequate pressure. they didnt feel limp at all. i could see no drip.
there is a transparent white fluid reservoir behind on the back of the radiator which i assume is an overflow tank or something. it looked empty and there was a radial spatter trail emanating from around this reservoir.
it didnt look like a pipe had exploded, but it looks like something certainly did. can anyone give help to a guy in need of it?
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW E46 radiator leak help hoss1158 Off Topic 2 12-08-2013 04:40 PM
pinhole leak in Radiator from a warped Fan sunnygsxr How To's and Q & A's 15 06-03-2011 04:08 AM
Radiator leak Kodak General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-12-2010 01:35 AM
my radiator leak superkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 03-28-2009 07:56 AM
***Radiator Leak**** Gruntus General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 07-27-2006 12:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

coolant....keep an eye on your temp. If it over heats it will run like , you need to find the leak
Old 07-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

where are you located i can come have a look if you want?? PM me
Old 07-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
Warpbender
warped and bent

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

If your bike was leaking coolant and now it's not.....
It has ran out of coolant.
Do not ride it until you refill it, find the leak when it pressurizes, fix it, refill it, then ride it!

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

japa, i'm in montgomery. a bit far for you, but thanks anyways. i'll check the coolant in the daytime. there's just always got to be something needing replaced or upgraded. where does the money go?!? lol!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
Tiller1k

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honda Grominator
TL1000R - Sold
2001 SV650 Track - Crashed
2007 Buell XB12Ss - Sold
2004 GSXR 600 - Sold

Please make sure that it isn't dripping/blowing back on to your rear tire. Coolant is slick and you will be sitting on your in the street before you can figure out what happened.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

i just checked the coolant levels and it is totally full. i think i had overheated in traffic and it boiled out somehow. it's been crazy hot and there are plenty of stops once i get into town. the leak wasnt bad enough to get beyond running down the engine. the noises i heard while riding yesterday were probably the usual noises. i normally ride with headphones and music, so i only hear the dull exhaust droning, and not the small engine noises.
i just freaked out because i didnt get the maintenance done and im just waiting for the sprocket to be fully worn out or the engine to grenade while im driving, but the sprocket's really not THAT bad and im not THAT far past my oil change date/mileage... i dont race the bike and mostly just have an easy paced commute, so i think im going to be ok. i just lubed the chain and cleaned the green crud off of the engine.

sorry for the freak out, folks. back to business as usual with you lot.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
GLD
track junkie

Bike(s):
F2 w/ F3 engine 2001 RC51

bugs?
GLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement