MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 02:02 AM   #21
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
baller...how much did that run you?
you can get an automotive grade fluke ocilliscope for around 400-500. they're really nice, and outline all the basic test procedures for most 5v sensors. very nice for checking for deadspots on rheostats and pots, a life saver for any electrical diagnostics.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
something ive never seen Dodger General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-24-2011 07:46 PM
best recovery ive ever seen.... Gimpin2Fold General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 06-04-2009 12:58 AM
OK IVE HAD IT mspinkninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 10-24-2006 08:26 AM
**** me and tickets. the first serious one Ive ever gotten scrapp Off Topic 48 10-01-2006 07:02 PM
Best helmet Ive seen in use.. AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 08-14-2006 11:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2008, 04:23 AM   #22
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by myaddictionR6 View Post
I just bought my 2005 R6 a couple weeks ago, and last week it started running really bad. It lost all power on my way to work one morning, so I bought all new spark plugs thinking that was the problem. When I pulled off the last ignition coil, it was torn at the connection to the plug. I bought a new one, and when I put it on its still running terrible. The guy I bought it from told me the stater was bad, so Ive been charging it every night. Is that my problem?? Can a bad stater make my bike run this bad?? I dont know what else to do, this is my first bike and I dont really want to put it in the shop, I want to fix it myself... Someone please give me some advice on what to do... please its driving me crazy... Thanx
You could try using the bikes built-in diagnostic tool to help you.
It's been a while since I did one but from memory it goes like this:
with the ignition off hold down the two dash buttons,
turn ignition on while holding buttons down for approx 5 seconds,
You get an options menu, using one of the buttons you select the "diagnostic" mode.
Follow prompts.

You may get a fault code come up,
I'm sure a bit of googling will help you identify what the code means but if not PM me and I'll get it for you.

There is a way to clear all codes but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Like I say, it's been a while so I'm struggling to remember clearly.

Hope this helps you.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #23
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

The '03 - '05 R6's have a problem with the coil pack insulator being faulty and letting current leak to ground.
Pull your coil packs and see if any of them have a burnt look to them, particularly around the base.
If so, that's your problem.

If you're unsure what to look for, bring the coil packs out of the bike up to the shop and I'll look at them for you, no charge.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #24
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
baller...how much did that run you?
2800 for the masterkit w all the leads from Solaris. It reads faster then the BMW factory equipment and the colors really help when your mapping multiple signals. The kit is top notch; I really like it but the battery died too quickly so I run an extension cord out of my box... I'd brag more and post up the box but I don't wanna mess w the thread.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #25
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
The '03 - '05 R6's have a problem with the coil pack insulator being faulty and letting current leak to ground.
Pull your coil packs and see if any of them have a burnt look to them, particularly around the base.
If so, that's your problem.

If you're unsure what to look for, bring the coil packs out of the bike up to the shop and I'll look at them for you, no charge.
Sounds like great info to me and that is definitely a badass offer from Patrick. Take him up on it!

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement