MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 03:36 AM   #1
doc_zx10r

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Black ZX10 (down payement w/ approval), 999S (Race only), 2006 Black ZX10R, 2004 NSR50 (my fav)

The badge and the biker

It seems these days I see more officers on and off the road, helping people in times of need, busting bad guys, giving tickets out to the naughty speeders. This is a good thing, we give these individuals badges to signify their important position as keepers of peace and order. However where there is good there must be bad, and today I had my run in with the bad. I am currently getting some upgrade done to my new truck, and thus was forced to ride to work today. I have rain gear and not really worried about the down pour outside. After the day ended I was going to meet a friend who lives off 290, so I took the HOV lane and unfortunately the HOV had the pace that of a herd of turtles. As I merged in it started to pour heavily, so me and my little ZX10R and the cagers battle for dominance to file in. A car pulls up next to me and rolls the window partially down and the man asks “What I am doing?”, I tell the man “I am trying to move forward”. He rolls down his window all the way and yells at me “LIKE YOU ARE!” as he flashes his little star badge at me (Sheriff maybe?). Again yelling at me asking me “What the do you think you are doing?”, again I replied “I'm trying to move forward.”.

The law man says “No, you're trying to cut me off.”. Now seeing how I had the right of way, I gently remind him of this, not to mention it was MY turn to file in line. The officer tells me to pull over, I ask the officer where would you like me to pull over, we're in a single lane and going to halt traffic further. Finally I tell the man to go right ahead, it's not worth the fight. He proceeds to tell me that I give bikers a bad name and he rides too. I know this guy is bluffing I can read him like a book. He pulls ahead of me and I follow this clown for almost 4 miles, it was stop and go the whole time.

Now I did notice he was the only person in the car, which by the was his personal car. Correct me if I am wrong, but the HOV is for 2+ people and motorcycles right? What I don't understand is, what was the big rush, traffic was moving at a snails pace. In high sight you could say that it's good that nothing came of it. But why the drama with this guy? My only thought is he must have a compensation complex, in this case the size of his . Waves his badge around acting all high and mighty, I think this one got his kicked one to many times in high school.

Has anyone else experience something similar? I'm curious to see how often this happens, just for my own amusement. Sorry to rant.

Sondy
doc_zx10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
back the badge gsxr_firerider Events, Meets and Rides 19 06-04-2008 07:37 PM
Back The Badge Ride? PYROBUG51 Events, Meets and Rides 0 05-28-2008 11:18 PM
Punkass cop abusing his badge, his authority and disrespecting his own department.... CaJuNsOuLjA Off Topic 1 02-12-2008 03:37 PM
Biker Gangs... or biker gang bang? dotcom Off Topic 3 11-11-2005 12:22 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
mototex

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 675

countless threads stating your problem some of these guys just get tooooooooooo big headed and thing they know everything. I have family in the force so im not just some random hater. Thee guys just take things overboard sometimes. Lol you should have pulled out a plastic badge and said look I have one too hahaha
Old 07-25-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
PB125

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

There's an A-Hole in EVERY group. You just happened to have picked the right A-hole this day. Don't let it get to you. I work with them every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
Daytona_Rider
3rd Ward PoPo

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 Daytona 675 - Jet Black

Hey....not all Po Po can be cool, like me.

Ask any officer and they'll be the first to tell you that there are PLENTY of a-holes who think that the badge makes them all powerful. we find them pretty quick and they usually end up with few friends on the dept.

he's just being an cuz he got picked on in elementary school every day. don't let it bug ya...you did the right thing and just ended the discussion. Let him think he won...while everyone else knows he just made himself look like a jackass.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

yup... they are out there. Thankfully just a few of them.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

any job, any occupation, there is one or more azzholez........but the guys with the badge dont need to be it......(i too have famiglia in hpd and sheriffs)
Old 07-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #7
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zx10r View Post
It seems these days I see more officers on and off the road, helping people in times of need, busting bad guys, giving tickets out to the naughty speeders. This is a good thing, we give these individuals badges to signify their important position as keepers of peace and order. However where there is good there must be bad, and today I had my run in with the bad. I am currently getting some upgrade done to my new truck, and thus was forced to ride to work today. I have rain gear and not really worried about the down pour outside. After the day ended I was going to meet a friend who lives off 290, so I took the HOV lane and unfortunately the HOV had the pace that of a herd of turtles. As I merged in it started to pour heavily, so me and my little ZX10R and the cagers battle for dominance to file in. A car pulls up next to me and rolls the window partially down and the man asks “What I am doing?”, I tell the man “I am trying to move forward”. He rolls down his window all the way and yells at me “LIKE YOU ARE!” as he flashes his little star badge at me (Sheriff maybe?). Again yelling at me asking me “What the do you think you are doing?”, again I replied “I'm trying to move forward.”.

The law man says “No, you're trying to cut me off.”. Now seeing how I had the right of way, I gently remind him of this, not to mention it was MY turn to file in line. The officer tells me to pull over, I ask the officer where would you like me to pull over, we're in a single lane and going to halt traffic further. Finally I tell the man to go right ahead, it's not worth the fight. He proceeds to tell me that I give bikers a bad name and he rides too. I know this guy is bluffing I can read him like a book. He pulls ahead of me and I follow this clown for almost 4 miles, it was stop and go the whole time.

Now I did notice he was the only person in the car, which by the was his personal car. Correct me if I am wrong, but the HOV is for 2+ people and motorcycles right? What I don't understand is, what was the big rush, traffic was moving at a snails pace. In high sight you could say that it's good that nothing came of it. But why the drama with this guy? My only thought is he must have a compensation complex, in this case the size of his . Waves his badge around acting all high and mighty, I think this one got his kicked one to many times in high school.

Has anyone else experience something similar? I'm curious to see how often this happens, just for my own amusement. Sorry to rant.

Sondy
he sounds just like the one that had me, mala, and hardcoresteve pulled over... he was also in his personal car... did it happen to be a red impala?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #8
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
i'll pull over for a marked car... i've heard too many stories on the news about those "unmarked cars" and the cops not even being real cops
but the one that got us radioed ahead and had 3 cop cars pull us over... then they one in the unmarked car gets out all high and mighty to give us a lecture on things that none of us were doing.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #9
andre3k
I see dead people...

I was on the east side when I got pulled over on my bike because the plate is right above the rear wheel. True, but I knew that would happen when I mounted it there. No big deal, guy tells me about my plate, i just listen and goes on this big long tirade about sportbikes blah blah. The whole time I staring at the vein in his neck, I swear it was about to burst, he was so .

He finishes I give him my dl, insurance, and police id, without saying a single word. He looks at me turns red call me "fukin " and gets in the car and burns out.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #10
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I was on the east side when I got pulled over on my bike because the plate is right above the rear wheel. True, but I knew that would happen when I mounted it there. No big deal, guy tells me about my plate, i just listen and goes on this big long tirade about sportbikes blah blah. The whole time I staring at the vein in his neck, I swear it was about to burst, he was so .

He finishes I give him my dl, insurance, and police id, without saying a single word. He looks at me turns red call me "fukin " and gets in the car and burns out.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #11
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

^^^^ WTF
Old 07-25-2008, 09:16 AM   #12
andre3k
I see dead people...

Seriously....don't sweat it. I still get nervous when the police get behind me when I'm driving, so I can understand how citizens feel. Kinda like having a big dude behind you and you don"t know WTF he's doing back there.

My momma called me an once. My wife has called me a hoe once. But when a fellow cop calls you a , that really takes the cake.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:

OH WOW that has to be the coolest story i heard this morning! I wish i could get that reaction at times(bolded).

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #14
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:

dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
I would have gone to jail.

I kick.
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #16
lorin70

Maybe you ran into this situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C_zEuk6fvU
FZ6
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #17
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User is banned

Street Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #18
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zx10r View Post

Sondy

ive had a unmarked cop hit his siren on me even thought i was in the right to merge infront of him since my lane ended, and there was noone else infront of behind us. he just wanted to get infront of me to turn 60ft down the road into the courthouse... i almost wanted to follow him in and say WTF is your problem, but i was in uniform and didnt care to go down to his level anyway
Old 07-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #19
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

yah there are hole cops out there
the kid was a little rude but still
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgWr...eature=related
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #20
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
lol I have to admit, its kinda funny about the cop being in the HOV in personal vehicle with 1 person
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement