MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 03:52 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

tell 'em Colin, tell 'em

MotoGP: Michelin to sort tyre debacle

Quote:
MICHELIN HAS pledged to share more information about tyres and conditions between MotoGP teams in a bid to stop a repeat of the nightmare weekend it suffered in Laguna Seca last week.
The French company paid the price for second guessing the conditions at the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix last Sunday, admitting that they made some big mistakes with the rubber shipped over based on the high temperatures of 2007.

Speaking to motogp.com, Jean-Phillippe Weber, Michelin's Director of Motorcycle Racing said: "The starting point of our difficulties at the weekend was the problems we had last year, when the track was more aggressive and the track temperature higher than expected, which gave us wear problems.

"This year the track was much less aggressive. Also, the track temperature was lower than last year, but in fact not so bad because we saw the high 40s on Friday. Based on last year´s situation we were too conservative, with too-hard constructions and compounds which gave reduced performance. Our riders had only a limited supply of tyres they could use for the race, so they had to work with harder tyres during practice.

"From now on we have to share more our tyre strategy and allocation strategy with the teams. For example, Colin Edwards requested some fronts for the Laguna race which he had already used this year at less demanding tracks. He could have used those tyres here, so he was right… obviously we aren´t happy with our riders' lap times at Laguna, because we didn't give them enough grip."
"We will also evolve the way we recommend tyre solutions to our teams, because this way we can deliver better performance. The season is far from over and we look forward to the last seven races after some very positive races already this year."
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post Turkey Day Rides? Post 'em if You Got 'em Korry1 Events, Meets and Rides 3 11-18-2013 10:26 PM
Sunglass Collection...Post em If you got em! Schmidie Off Topic 10 01-18-2012 02:49 AM
almost got em all! RACER X Off Topic 30 09-04-2009 01:52 PM
Silly Rabbit, Trix Aren't For Squids... (Trix? lets see em if ya got em) Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 05-16-2007 12:47 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

why do they spell tires tyres
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
Mongrel

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
SV650

Because there is this country called England where the English language actually came from and it is spelled tyre there.

My English buddy has been told more then once that he needs to learn to speak English better by Americans, I find it pretty humorous.
CMRA #161 RRSW (CCS) #61
Mongrel Racing
Faith69
Roof Helmets
Dunlop Tires
Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
JSC_SLP
Rider

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)

http://english2american.com/index.html#index

Pretty funny stuff in here. English - to - American Dictionary.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #5
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

I spoke to colins dad yesterday and he told me that not only was he very unhappy with thr front tire, but his neck was killing him through the whole race. He also said that he almost lost the front about ten times at laguna
BKLYNBULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflys cbr View Post
why do they spell tires tyres
Euro trash me thinks.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Go Colin!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
hfa3g11
OG

Feedback Rating: (4)

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
wrd. good for colin speaking up
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:24 AM   #9
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNBULLET View Post
I spoke to colins dad yesterday and he told me that not only was he very unhappy with thr front tire, but his neck was killing him through the whole race. He also said that he almost lost the front about ten times at laguna
What happened to his neck?

That really sucks not having good rubber, and so avoidable, seems ridiculous actually..... I guess I don't understand the dynamics between the sponsor and the riders teams. I would have assumed they would have just about any rubber ready at a moments notice? I totally understand one team not wanting to share info with another, the whole competitive advantage thing, but I don't get the tire availability thing?????

Tyre is the European English translation of the US English word tire. There are several words like that in our interpretation and refactoring of the English language.