MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #81
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

im aware. thats why i ride alone usually. i actually was planning on trying to be one of the rear guys so im not in anyones way and i feel more secure that way. leaves me more room to take it at my own pace. im no show off either. but i want to learn these roads. im close enough to them where i reside that i can go ride something other than the freeway interchanges to get in some good curves. the bike is very aggressive and i love it. i dont know what led you to think i was some young punk trying to be somebody in a crowd. im a grown man. i have been modifying vw's and audi's for 6 years now. i drive daily a 350 wheel horsepower vw gti. i may get 1 ticket a year, usually every two or three tho. im a very responsible individual. i know my limits and i didnt buy it to crash it for sure. when i can afford a leather suit and can find one my size or become a size with more availability, my jacket size is 54 im very barrel chested and broad shouldered, i will wear leather so i can start participating in track days and keep it off the street. but it is what it is for now. i have a double bubble, sliders, and some newish corsa III's. im ready to ride.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturday 3/6 Forest Senator Events, Meets and Rides 22 03-06-2010 10:40 PM
forest saturday? scraperbike Events, Meets and Rides 1 05-08-2009 07:06 AM
saturday forest 3090 1fastchevy Events, Meets and Rides 13 03-20-2009 11:16 AM
Saturday's Forest Ride cpebusarider General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-20-2008 03:29 AM
Saturday Forest Ride Sweetkakes23 Events, Meets and Rides 19 04-28-2008 12:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #82
Gixxer-Joy
Banned

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
K8 GSXR-600 (The Pearl)

User is banned

Old 07-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #83
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

when i say i dont ride slow but i ride safe, i'm not the guy that jumps off my bike at 80 mph and holding on to the tail and slidin on my feet and jumps back on and darts away. i can ride at a spirited pace but im not familiar with these roads and therefore i want to ride with yall so as to become familiar. practice makes perfect. ive had my share of close calls with mattresses in the road in my lane then the car in front of me irks out of the way leaving it in my way. traffic stops out of no where and i endo from 80 mph to 40 then slide side ways and correct properly and keep on truckin. ive had plenty of lessons and i learn from them all. like i said i baught it to ride it. and i do. every day. the vw gets a lot less love now days.cant wait. see yall in the am. put me where yall want me i dont mind, im excited to make some new aquaintances.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #84
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Oh and someone PM me the time yall are eating and where...we might just stop there to eat as well.
You two are welcome to ride with us; the group will be divided and spaced well between each biker. Even w the biggest group MH ever had on a twisted road ride of 86 bikers everyone complimented how impressive organization is on these rides...

We should be at Yankees around 11am.

There will be one stop at the gas station on 90 at 149(shell) in Anderson before the groups divide and ride 3090 to Yankees.

this info will be PM-ed to you as well
Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #85
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

burnboy;

they are just concerned with due reason... as for the roads, its good to have an idea what's ahead but never try to memorize roads. When you start doing that something will change on that road(something in the road, etc) and you will be thrown off. If you get into the basics and habits of following lines w your eyes when you can't see around curves and are in a lean, and accelerating out of a corner when you see the break of the curve then you'll always be prepared in a corner.

On track you don't have limited view for the most part and corners can be counted and traced...

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Will be a pleasure to ride w you tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #86
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
im aware. thats why i ride alone usually. i actually was planning on trying to be one of the rear guys so im not in anyones way and i feel more secure that way. leaves me more room to take it at my own pace. im no show off either. but i want to learn these roads. im close enough to them where i reside that i can go ride something other than the freeway interchanges to get in some good curves. the bike is very aggressive and i love it. i dont know what led you to think i was some young punk trying to be somebody in a crowd. im a grown man. i have been modifying vw's and audi's for 6 years now. i drive daily a 350 wheel horsepower vw gti. i may get 1 ticket a year, usually every two or three tho. im a very responsible individual. i know my limits and i didnt buy it to crash it for sure. when i can afford a leather suit and can find one my size or become a size with more availability, my jacket size is 54 im very barrel chested and broad shouldered, i will wear leather so i can start participating in track days and keep it off the street. but it is what it is for now. i have a double bubble, sliders, and some newish corsa III's. im ready to ride.
You are a grown man. U just gotta take what some people say here with grain of salt. Alot of people try to belittle others by attempting to make them look silly.

Ride your own ride man. It is ultimately your responsibility to ride within your limits anyway.

Go out, have a good time, try not to crash yourself or anyone else, learn the roads. But most of all....HAVE A GOOD TIME! We all have a mama, or wife at home naggin as it is.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #87
cobra281

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
ok So I will be out riding in the forest tomorrow with another girl friend but I don't think we are going to meet up with you guys. We are going to be coming from the other direction plus I'm just not too sure about riding in this large of a group.
BUT!
If you see two girls in....
Same helmet,
Same bike ('08 gixxer) Her's is black and mine is white
Same boots
Same gloves
Not same jacket but they are both bright PINK!
WAVE!

and we didn't know one another until the day we bought out bike so none of the above was planned!

Oh and someone PM me the time yall are eating and where...we might just stop there to eat as well.

We need some representation from the ladies. We would love to have you.

P.S. I'll sweep Cali.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #88
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
when i say i dont ride slow but i ride safe, i'm not the guy that jumps off my bike at 80 mph and holding on to the tail and slidin on my feet and jumps back on and darts away. i can ride at a spirited pace but im not familiar with these roads and therefore i want to ride with yall so as to become familiar. practice makes perfect. ive had my share of close calls with mattresses in the road in my lane then the car in front of me irks out of the way leaving it in my way. traffic stops out of no where and i endo from 80 mph to 40 then slide side ways and correct properly and keep on truckin. ive had plenty of lessons and i learn from them all. like i said i baught it to ride it. and i do. every day. the vw gets a lot less love now days.cant wait. see yall in the am. put me where yall want me i dont mind, im excited to make some new aquaintances.
All I'm saying is be carefull. I have seen to many crashes, and we have proved last ride that even if your extremely carefull it could still happen.

"There are two types of riders- those who have been down, and those who are going down"

I'm done,

Have fun, Matts a great leader
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #89
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
burnboy;

they are just concerned with due reason... as for the roads, its good to have an idea what's ahead but never try to memorize roads. When you start doing that something will change on that road(something in the road, etc) and you will be thrown off. If you get into the basics and habits of following lines w your eyes when you can't see around curves and are in a lean, and accelerating out of a corner when you see the break of the curve then you'll always be prepared in a corner.

On track you don't have limited view for the most part and corners can be counted and traced...

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Will be a pleasure to ride w you tomorrow.
I dont wanna the thread. And Matt, I ahve MUCHO respect for you. But I am not sure if it is because they are genuinely concerned for them, or if they are trying to make themselves look better.

Whatever the reason, it's a huge turf off and it is

You hit the nail on the head with your quote that I highlighted.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #90
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Cdill... we meeting you up at Yankees? Right?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #91
SVDan
MoveBeech

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S
KX 250
Fiiddie

[QUOTE=Gixxer-Joy;1336582]If you see two girls in....
Same helmet,
Same bike ('08 gixxer) Her's is black and mine is white
Same boots
Same gloves
Not same jacket but they are both bright PINK!
WAVE!

QUOTE]

Hey Cali, If I see these two, I'm turning around and joining there small group!! Haha!! I kidd I kidd Still not sure if able to make it out tomorrow moring, waiting on a call back from a plant engineer.

Last edited by SVDan; 07-25-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: cause i can
Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #92
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Remember what I'm wearing?

no you wont
Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #93
SVDan
MoveBeech

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S
KX 250
Fiiddie

Quote:
Remember what I'm wearing?

Of course I do, but if this engineer dont get his act right, I might have to cover for him. Put me +1 down on ur list as a possible to ride in the back back back!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #94
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

your responses all make perfect sense. there are prolly plenty of people who "come to quick" and i appreciate all who commented. even hooligan. i'm not offended at all. really im not trying to " memorize the roads" but merely learn where im going and where im at. i moved to houston just 6 years ago. i really have no social life and i work work work.im not familiar with the roads outside the city. last july the girl of my dreams and best friend passed away from menengitis and im a cancer survivor and patient at md anderson for 3 years now. just recently released to see my doctor every 6 months instead of 3. this is why i ride. lifes to short as it is. i'm not trying to compromise my mortality any more than it has already been. i have a lot to learn by being surrounded by people with more experience than me. i dont have a lot to look forward to socially, this, im lookin forward to.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #95
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Cdill... we meeting you up at Yankees? Right?
Yessir

We might even come down 149 and try to intercept yall!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #96
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
your responses all make perfect sense. there are prolly plenty of people who "come to quick" and i appreciate all who commented. even hooligan. i'm not offended at all. really im not trying to " memorize the roads" but merely learn where im going and where im at. i moved to houston just 6 years ago. i really have no social life and i work work work.im not familiar with the roads outside the city. last july the girl of my dreams and best friend passed away from menengitis and im a cancer survivor and patient at md anderson for 3 years now. just recently released to see my doctor every 6 months instead of 3. this is why i ride. lifes to short as it is. i'm not trying to compromise my mortality any more than it has already been. i have a lot to learn by being surrounded by people with more experience than me. i dont have a lot to look forward to socially, this, im lookin forward to.
good, cuz I didn't mean to offend you at all. I try not to sugarcoat things, so people probebly think I'm a . I just get tired of people crashing when I'm with them. maybe I'm bad luck???

I ride out there often so I'm bound to see you sometime.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:13 AM   #97
dirtyjerzy

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
good, cuz I didn't mean to offend you at all. I try not to sugarcoat things, so people probebly think I'm a . I just get tired of people crashing when I'm with them. maybe I'm bad luck???

I ride out there often so I'm bound to see you sometime.
You are a total !!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #98
1fastchevy
Bout Time

Bike(s):

1. CaligoneTX
2. Tiatool
3. Chase
4. Meaner-n-u on the V-Max
5. smokinjoe
6. TrevorC
7. Cyrick21
8. SiG239
9. Mr Richards
10. Bosslady
11. JRegSC
12. Pyrogenic - on-road the whole way
13. Brandon
14. Fern_ZX6E
15. cobra281
16. burnboy
Old 07-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #99
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerzy View Post
You are a total !!
oh yeah Joe, your the one from Jersey.

HA!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #100
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

I have never rode the forest before and I am scared to go fast, can I join?

Also I usually wear shorts flip flops, tank top, and shades....is that cool for this ride?
Closed Thread

Advertisement