MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > New Riders and MSF Course Info
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

Spring Branch ISD has MSF in August (nowhere else does)

Ive called 5 different places and they are booked until mid september. Spring Branch Isd still has availability for their Aug 9-10 class (much sooner for people like myself wanting to hit the streets). Im signed up Njay1984 little brother might come as well as Oh!ThatGirl. Just letting everyone know where the availability is at since alot of the more popular places classes' are full.
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Msf course spring branch KhmerStyle New Riders and MSF Course Info 4 04-08-2014 06:08 AM
Spring Branch MSF BRC whomikedao General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 01-20-2012 12:21 AM
Spring Branch ISD MSF class... blends New Riders and MSF Course Info 3 05-13-2008 11:06 PM
MSF Basic class @ Spring Branch ISD, June pricing RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 13 06-19-2006 03:29 PM
MSF Basic class @ Spring Branch ISD, special pricing RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 40 05-20-2006 09:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

and they're cheaper then anywhere else.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Interesting, since our current schedule shows 12 classes with openings in August and even 1 spot for this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
and they're cheaper then anywhere else.
Actually, one school in Houston is still running the course for $144. I'm sure you wouldn't want to intentionally mislead people.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
well he did say 5 places.. and not all...
Old 07-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
well he did say 5 places.. and not all...
That's true, but he also said "the popular places classes' are full" and since we are the largest in Houston as well as a sponsor on this board, I wanted to be sure that everyone knows that we do have openings.

The comment of the title "nowhere else does" is also misleading as that would include us.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
Interesting, since our current schedule shows 12 classes with openings in August and even 1 spot for this week.

Actually, one school in Houston is still running the course for $144. I'm sure you wouldn't want to intentionally mislead people.
How much is Awesome Cycles? I dont remember it being unreasonable. Yall are super close, and I still need to get in there. 15yrs of riding with no license. I know my luck is running out.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

so who's got it for that?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #8
Daily Triumph

Bike(s):
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

Quote:

called you guys and got wait listed, checked the website and nothing til mid September. (Im talking weekend courses since I cant do weekdays). Ive been trying since June to get into Awesome with no luck
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
NiS13
Squiding It

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
GSXR 600

took mine at spring branch even had the infamous "racer x" as a teacher
NiS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #10
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Trackdays: 10+

Not to sound like a . But shouldn't ya'll just be happy hes taking the msf and encouraging others?

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

isn't that a given?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 07-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #12
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

should be, but doesn't sound like it.

where is mckee?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #13
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i'm just trying to find out who's got the cheaper price and then i'll ask my school (spring branch) if they wanna lower it ($6 woohoo!).

i just want peeps to take it, matters to me not. i get paid (when i teach) the same for 4 as well as 12 students.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 07-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #14
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

wasn't really geared towards you

where is mckee?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

cool.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 07-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #16
Oh!Thatgirl
He's for sale...... Cheap

Experience: 9-12 months

I'm down for sure!!
Oh!Thatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #17
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Wow, the lack of reading comprehension skills of the general public still shocks me to this day.

See if you can understand this:

I don't care where he or anyone else decides to take the course. If you want to get that technical, it saves me money if he goes somewhere else.

I do however, care when someone makes an UNTRUE statement that could potentially affect my company in a negative way. Somehow I'm fairly sure that most people would feel the same way.

The title of this thread is "Spring Branch ISD has MSF in August (nowhere else does)".

That is very simply, NOT TRUE. We still have both weekday AND weekend spots open for August. Yesterday, when this post was started, we had even more open spots, all of which were listed on our webpage.

I very simply attempted to make that fact known. I didn't say anything about where he chose to take the course, nor did I mention the comments about being "wait listed" or checking the website. I also made sure to answer questions about our pricing in PM's instead of this post.

And I'll say it again, if someone had posted an untrue statement that included your company, you'd do the same.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #18
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
Wow, the lack of reading comprehension skills of the general public still shocks me to this day.

I don't care where he or anyone else decides to take the course. If you want to get that technical, it saves me money if he goes somewhere else.

I do however, care when someone makes an UNTRUE statement that could potentially affect my company in a negative way. Somehow I'm fairly sure that most people would feel the same way.

The title of this thread is "Spring Branch ISD has MSF in August (nowhere else does)".

That is very simply, NOT TRUE. We still have both weekday AND weekend spots open for August. Yesterday, when this post was started, we had even more open spots, all of which were listed on our webpage.

I very simply attempted to make that fact known. I didn't say anything about where he chose to take the course, nor did I mention the comments about being "wait listed" or checking the website. I also made sure to answer questions about our pricing in PM's instead of this post.

And I'll say it again, if someone had posted an untrue statement that included your company, you'd do the same.
Man. It's how you wrote it. With the "interesting" and the ""

I understand you have a business to run. Every time someone asks where to go I always say "everyone liked their class at awesomecycles."

But this member knew others were inquiring about msf courses this month, and knew a lot of places were booked up.

Yes, he should have said WEEKEND classes. But instead of knocking him, maybe you could have just corrected him. Just seems like a better business practice to me.

Again I shall say, everyone I ride with that took their class there, tells me it was fun and very informative.

where is mckee?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #19
Daily Triumph

Bike(s):
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

Quote:

Ive called, left numerous voicemails. Someone did get back with me later that day but I couldnt sign up I was wait listed. Before I made the thread I checked the awesome site several times to make sure I couldnt get in. The site says no availability til mid September. Why is it that I got a call back to be wait listed instead of enrolled for an August course when I was ready and willing to pay? You say one thing (in that you have courses available) but your actions (calling me and putting me on the list) say another . Not trying to dog your company at all or make false statements as Ive held out almost 2 months trying to get with you guys but they (your company) has done nothing but put me on a waiting list (this being the second time). I turn around and call Spring Branch ISD and not only do they have availability sooner but cheaper as well.
Quote:
Old 07-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #20
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

The gesture was towards Racer X. I thought that was clear since I put it after a quote from him. Obviously I was mistaken.

I put "interesting" because I thought it sounded better than "you're full of " or "that's a lie", however, in retrospect, I could've worded it differently. I can see where someone might think I was knocking him, and that wasn't my intention.

Even if he had said "weekend" classes, the title still wouldn't have been correct. Once again, we still, as of this very minute, have WEEKEND spots available in August.

BRC Schedule

However, enough is enough, this thread has gotten way off topic.

Advertisement