MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 06:34 AM   #1
mrceotri
Ducky Patrol

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX-6R
ZX-6R

Ridesmart Eagles Canyon 7/20

I just wanted to thank Ridesmart and Eagles Canyon for putting together such a great and well organized event. Instructors were very informative and everyone there made me feel like family. Great weekend
mrceotri is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ridesmart Eagles Canyon 5.2.09 - Follow Up cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 4 05-04-2009 09:41 AM
Ridesmart Track Day 5.2.09 - Eagles Canyon - $100 cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 19 05-01-2009 06:18 PM
RideSmart TrackDay - Eagles Canyon 4-11-09 (Roll Call) DLSGAP Ridesmart Motorcycle School 13 04-10-2009 03:54 PM
Eagles Canyon Pictures 07.19/20.08 diggler Taking it to the Track 0 07-21-2008 04:54 PM
RideSmart Track Day - March 31, '08 @ Eagles Canyon Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 2 03-04-2008 10:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
Ridesmart

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrceotri View Post
I just wanted to thank Ridesmart and Eagles Canyon for putting together such a great and well organized event. Instructors were very informative and everyone there made me feel like family. Great weekend
You are very welcome. We are so glad you enjoyed the event. I really think it came out really well as well. Tons of riding (I think people were skipping multiple sessions and still got all they wanted).

We are scheduled to return to ECR in August as well. We will be taking the next couple days to rejuvenate and then plan the events at the next ECR outing.

RideSmart would like to extend sincere thanks to all that came out to support us (both, riders and spectators). I heard the parade laps were a blast too. We were all surprised at the level headed approach from all riders at this track. It was very good to see all of you be so disciplined, making this a very safe and enjoyable event for all of us.

Thank you
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

I had a great time and the temp never got above 76 degrees. Not! That was my first time at ECR. Took a few laps to get used to all the blind corners but it is a fun track. I'll definitely go back.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
You are very welcome. We are so glad you enjoyed the event. I really think it came out really well as well. Tons of riding (I think people were skipping multiple sessions and still got all they wanted).

We are scheduled to return to ECR in August as well. We will be taking the next couple days to rejuvenate and then plan the events at the next ECR outing.

RideSmart would like to extend sincere thanks to all that came out to support us (both, riders and spectators). I heard the parade laps were a blast too. We were all surprised at the level headed approach from all riders at this track. It was very good to see all of you be so disciplined, making this a very safe and enjoyable event for all of us.

Thank you
+1!

Heard it was great weather with minimum crashes!

Could'nt ask for a better track day for the price!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrceotri View Post
Which Level were you in? I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think a lot of people took a session off here and there becasue of the heat. Needless to say, plenty of track time and great free food, plus the giveaways were awesome.

Thanks to all the sponsors.
diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #6
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
+1!

Heard it was great weather with minimum crashes!

Could'nt ask for a better track day for the price!

...yup... it was great. wish you were there too with your 250 ninja.

maybe next time.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

how did the temp neevr get about 76? lol
Old 07-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
how did the temp neevr get about 76? lol
You take your under armor top, stick it in the bottom portion of your ice chest where the water is, put it on right before your session and bam 76 degrees. LOL. It was friggin HOT!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #9
mrceotri
Ducky Patrol

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
ZX-6R
ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggler View Post
Which Level were you in? I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think a lot of people took a session off here and there becasue of the heat. Needless to say, plenty of track time and great free food, plus the giveaways were awesome.

i rode in level one. I think i skipped the second session after lunch and the last session of the day just because it got so hot.
mrceotri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #10
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggler View Post

Were you there for this? PM me if you were and let me know your opinion of the track- I don't want to get in to the mindless dribble that some of the jealous haters are spewing- I know you'll give me the straight skinny!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #11
diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Were you there for this? PM me if you were and let me know your opinion of the track- I don't want to get in to the mindless dribble that some of the jealous haters are spewing- I know you'll give me the straight skinny!
Werd.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #12
hfa3g11
OG

Feedback Rating: (4)

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
yuh thanks agin as well. i had a blast. me and mrceotri had an awesome time. the track is crazy. all the filler was a little crazy as well but if you follow good lines then u fly right through them in the spaces there. i could go on and on. im real excited to go back. thanks again to dave and ridesmart for pulling off yet another great weekend. tom if you want some more input i can fill you in as well.
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:35 AM   #13
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

My exp with most tracks in tx is that they suck, is eagles canyon a bike track or just another car club track that they rent to track day company's like msr houston or cresson? Please dont take this as a hit at the track day guys I am just used to ridin on tracks engineered and built to suit bikes.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #14
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator04 View Post
My exp with most tracks in tx is that they suck, is eagles canyon a bike track or just another car club track that they rent to track day company's like msr houston or cresson? Please dont take this as a hit at the track day guys I am just used to ridin on tracks engineered and built to suit bikes.
Eagles Canyon is very friendly towards motorcycles. They have spent quite a few $$$ in removing objects and increasing their safety barriers in certain corners just to welcome us motorcyclists.

Some CMRA Expert racers went to Eagles Canyon earlier in the year, tested the track and told the owners/management of what they thought were safety issues. Needless to say they did step up and improve them. Only then did RideSmart hold a track there.

RideSmart has been consistently pushing for safety, RideSmart contributed hugely $$$ to remove the TexasWorldSpeedway death wall aswell. We'll continue to do so in the future.

Predator just out of curiousity, which tracks in Houston are you talking about? Last I checked TWS (Texas World Speedway) is accomodoating us with the wall and new sealer. MSRH heck changed the direction of the track to entertain us motorcyclists and make it safer for us (huge thanks to Buck & LMS for pushing for that), Cresson has always been kind to the motorcycle community, Eagles Canyon & Motorsports Liberty both have "had" and still "do" have motorcycle racers and experts helping with the design of the track from Ty Howard, Marcus McBain and other people.

Just Curious which track your referring to

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #15
diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator04 View Post
I don't know of any tracks out there that are built to suit bikes other than that guy in Holland who owns his own bike track. Most of all tracks, whether in the US or abroad are built to suit cars as that is where the $$$ are.

Anyways, ECR is a very fun and technical track with a lot of elevation change and some cool off camber blind turns. If they repave it in August like the stated they were it will be one of the funnest tracks in our great state of Texas.

As with any new tracks, bike safety is always an issue and not only RideSmart but other organizations have expressed our concerns over what we think needs to happen. Lets hope that the owners follow up on our issues and the repaving.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #16
level5
moving chicane

When is ridesmart coming back to ECR? Is Ride Smart still doing cresson 8/9-8/10?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #17
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
When is ridesmart coming back to ECR? Is Ride Smart still doing cresson 8/9-8/10?
RideSmart is now doing Cresson just on 08/10. But we are doing another weekend at ECR on 8/16 & 8/17.

The Cresson date is $120 and the ECR event is just $100 per day.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #18
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
currently RideSmart is scheduled to be @ Cresson & ECR both in the month of August

August 10th 2008
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, TX.
Original Track 1.7 mile
Counter Clockwise

August 16th 2008
Eagles Canyon Raceway
Slidell, TX.
Original Track 2.5 mile
Counter Clockwise

August 17th 2008
Eagles Canyon Raceway
Slidell, TX.
Original Track 2.5 mile
Counter Clockwise

See you out there

Old 07-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #19
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
RideSmart is now doing Cresson just on 08/10. But we are doing another weekend at ECR on 8/16 & 8/17.

The Cresson date is $120 and the ECR event is just $100 per day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
currently RideSmart is scheduled to be @ Cresson & ECR both in the month of August

August 10th 2008
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, TX.
Original Track 1.7 mile
Counter Clockwise

August 16th 2008
Eagles Canyon Raceway
Slidell, TX.
Original Track 2.5 mile
Counter Clockwise

August 17th 2008
Eagles Canyon Raceway
Slidell, TX.
Original Track 2.5 mile
Counter Clockwise

See you out there
Thanks now I have to edit my calendar. $100 trackday, can't beat that. I wish it would be for all trackdays since the cost of getting there is doubled.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #20
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Thanks now I have to edit my calendar. $100 trackday, can't beat that. I wish it would be for all trackdays since the cost of getting there is doubled.
We (whole team @ RideSmart) try to make it easier on the consumer. We understand the cost of gas prices, hence with the free dinner the night before & free lunch during the track day, with lotsa water, we try to make it easier on the riders.

Heck I think just this year alone RideSmart has bought 3-4 hours "extra" so riders can take off a session during the day and ride more in the evening and not be worried about missing out on any track time.

Anything to keep you guys "addicted"

Advertisement