MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Man Accused of Doing 400-yard Motorcycle Wheelie

Might be repost...
Man Accused of Doing 400-yard Motorcycle Wheelie
Charged With Reckless Driving

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. -- Police in Cookeville, Tennessee said they arrested a man after observing him doing a 400-yard wheelie on his motorcycle. The man, 29, was charged with reckless driving.

Officers said the man had done similar driving in the past.

Police quoted him as saying he makes videos for the Internet and had crashed several times.
M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle salvage yard in Houston DuckySTi General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 04-27-2012 12:37 PM
Motorcycle Yard Sale C.Hern5972 Off Topic 27 05-20-2009 08:23 AM
Motorcycle Junk Yard OJgsxr How To's and Q & A's 5 03-13-2007 08:20 PM
Motorcycle salvage yard? UrMyStlkAl General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-06-2005 05:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

400 yds? we got peeps here that can do them for a couple of miles or more.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
M@tt
Platinum Member

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Here more on this story

Motorcycle wheelie leads to arrest
Mary Jo Denton
Herald-Citizen Staff
Thursday, Jul 17, 2008
COOKEVILLE -- Doing wheelies on a motorcycle on S. Jefferson Ave. got a Sparta man arrested Tuesday, police said.

Andrew Stricklen, 29, of Janice Drive, Sparta, was charged with reckless driving in the incident, according to a report by Cookeville Police Officer Cary Matheney.

Officer Matheney said he was on his way to work that day about 1 p.m., driving his personal vehicle when he saw Andrew Stricklen "on his 1997 silver Kawasaki motorcycle ride a wheelie from the hill at the water treatment facility on S. Jefferson Ave. to the area of 1846 S. Jefferson."

A warrant the officer later took alleges that the cycle's front tire was off the ground for roughly 400 yards.

"There was steady traffic in both directions of travel," Officer Matheney's report says.

"After Mr. Stricklen set the bike back down, a state trooper passed by and Mr. Stricklen rode with his head turned observing the actions of the trooper."

Allegedly, when Stricklen approached double lanes of traffic, he "began to dart from lane to lane with little or no regard to other motorists," the officer wrote in his report.

Because he was in his personal vehicle, the officer could not initiate a traffic stop, but as soon as he checked in at the police station, he went to the court clerk's office and took out a warrant against Stricklen.

He said he recognized Stricklen from a previous similar incident in which he had cited him for a traffic offense.

"He told me at that time that he makes Youtube videos and that he had crashed several times before," the officer noted in the report.

On Tuesday, Stricklen was booked at the Putnam jail on the reckless driving charge.

His bond was set at $2,500, and he is to appear in General Sessions Court July 18.
M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Tiller1k

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honda Grominator
TL1000R - Sold
2001 SV650 Track - Crashed
2007 Buell XB12Ss - Sold
2004 GSXR 600 - Sold

400 yards? Why didn't the officer use a useful unit of measurement like furlongs? WTF?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

furlongs....lol
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Member Garage

i don't think an officer should be able to request a warrant for something they witnessed while off duty.....why can't I arrest a cop for speeding through town without siren or lights? or the good ol' classic, turning the lights on to run a red and turning them off as soon as they're through the intersection.......
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

That's kinda scary thinking about all the off duty officers I'm sure I've cruised past on the highways, etc. All they have to do is go in and issue a warrant

I'm sure 90% of the time it wouldn't hold up in court due to the fact they don't have radar, video, etc in their personal cars but it would still be a huge waste of time and potential $$$ having to fight it in court.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
400yds
Old 07-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #9
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisiecki1 View Post
i don't think an officer should be able to request a warrant for something they witnessed while off duty....
I'm with you on that one, but I'm interested to hear other opinions. Cops are cops all the time, on duty or off, but I think that's crossing the line. If I cut one off in traffic all he has to do is say I was riding wheelies, too much potential for corruption if you ask me.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #10
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I'm with you on that one, but I'm interested to hear other opinions. Cops are cops all the time, on duty or off, but I think that's crossing the line. If I cut one off in traffic all he has to do is say I was riding wheelies, too much potential for corruption if you ask me.

i agree....and unfortunately most officers don't need anymore potential for corruption.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #11
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisiecki1 View Post
i don't think an officer should be able to request a warrant for something they witnessed while off duty.....why can't I arrest a cop for speeding through town without siren or lights? or the good ol' classic, turning the lights on to run a red and turning them off as soon as they're through the intersection.......
Get the proper information when it happens and you have recourse for filing a complaint etc.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:47 AM   #12
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
don't whoolie in front of the five oh!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #13
Tangy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 daytona 675

when i was 16 i was wreckless driving in front of an off duty cop and he got the plate number and then called my dad told him i was driving like a maniac.
Tangy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement