MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #41
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H.I.C. View Post
It's still worth good fun and practice! Championship is probably out but 3rd or so. I think F7N will be all up for grabs next year.
Why do you say that?

You all going Expert next year?

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ive been studying all day, time for play time.... scrapp Off Topic 29 04-12-2016 10:00 AM
A little night time help for those with babies or who have a hard time sleeping. Street Ninja Health and Fitness 11 08-26-2010 06:34 PM
M&G Time Square in Katy kalanie Events, Meets and Rides 12 07-19-2010 10:52 PM
What time is a good lap time at TWS (Texas World Speedway) eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 06-28-2009 12:35 PM
This time of year, especially these days, time to thank them all... Ridesmart Off Topic 6 12-05-2007 11:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #42
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

the worst thing for me was sleeping. I used to sleep with my arm over and behind my head. anyhow, on occasions, it would fall asleep. Then my shoulder would dislocate behind my head. Ya, try resetting that one with an asleep arm, groggy from waking up in the middle of the night, and behind your back! I had to wake my roomate up to lift my arm to the front. That was my deciding factor for surgical repair.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #43
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Why do you say that?

You all going Expert next year?
Don't think there will be a choice.
We're all keeping up with the F7E's
Old 07-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #44
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Quote:
It seems many of us have the same problem (Shoulder Dislocation). So while we're on the topic - any one of you heard of the lazer surgery where they tighten up your tendons, so they don't stretch and more and hence can "help" keep the shoulder in socket at all times.

That's one method that I was explained by a surgeon. The other method (or work out I should say is) what Cliff already mentioned of building alot of muscles in the area, that should be the cheaper and probably better way to go about it I think.
Sounds like burning a piece of meat (tendons / ligaments). It's shrivels when you cook it.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #45
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

here's my doc talking about shoulders:
http://espn.go.com/trainingroom/s/1999/0901/13997.html

he fixed my dislocation on my left and took tons of pics of my separation on right for some speech he was gonna give. it's stupid ugly looking!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #46
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
It seems many of us have the same problem (Shoulder Dislocation). So while we're on the topic - any one of you heard of the lazer surgery where they tighten up your tendons, so they don't stretch and more and hence can "help" keep the shoulder in socket at all times.

That's one method that I was explained by a surgeon. The other method (or work out I should say is) what Cliff already mentioned of building alot of muscles in the area, that should be the cheaper and probably better way to go about it I think.
Unfortunately working out is not cutting it anymore. I have been doing that for about 8 years now since the first injury that beat it up. iIt is doing strange things that it has not done in the past. It should not pop out reaching for a beer in a cooler or things of that nature. It sucks and is more of a mental thing then anything else. My lifestyle is on hold for now.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #47
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

... dude, if you are afraid to grab for a beer, please go see a doctor!

(in my case, it was more Freddy-like and I was afraid to goto sleep)
Old 07-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #48
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
... dude, if you are afraid to grab for a beer, please go see a doctor!

(in my case, it was more Freddy-like and I was afraid to goto sleep)
Been to the doctor several times. Rehabbed and nothing good is going on. Need to find somebody who knows what the they are doing.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement