MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Guintoli sixth without traction control!

Sylvain Guintoli claims best result of season by finishing sixth in Sunday's wet German Grand Prix, despite turning his traction control off!!
Quote:
At a time when electronics are being credited by some as the sole reason for Casey Stoner's remarkable run of form, fellow Ducati rider Sylvain Guintoli put the influence of electronics into perspective by claiming sixth in Sunday's soaking wet German Grand Prix - despite turning his traction control system off!

Starting from just 15th place, the Alice Team rider was up to tenth by lap two - when a warning light alerted him to a problem with the traction control on his Desmosedici, prompting the Frenchman to switch it off for the remaining 28 laps.

Guintoli then dropped back to eleventh as he adapted his riding style, but was soon having fun and rose to seventh by the halfway stage, which then became a season's best sixth place after Colin Edwards crashed out.

"This has been a weekend with ups and downs: Friday we were really fast while Saturday, after the morning fall, I felt a lot of pain in the neck and qualifying didn't go well," said Sylvain, whose previous best finish this season was tenth at Assen.

"But the race has gone much better, a pity only for the problem with the traction control: I preferred to switch it off, to not risk it, because I felt [comfortable] anyway. In this way I had to play a lot with the accelerator and I had a lot of fun.

"I have to thank my team, Ducati and Bridgestone: their support has been really important to reach this result."

"This is a really important result for us," declared Guintoli's engineer Sergio Verbena. "From the beginning of the season we have been working hard and finally we made it to conquer a dignified performance. Sylvain is improving at each race.

"Unluckily we had the problem with the traction control that we still have to check to make sure it will not happen again. Sylvain, to not risk anything, preferred to switch it off for almost all the race and this result, with this track conditions, is even more incredible.
RESPECT to the man
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote