MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
Sport Rider suggested settings....?

This a question that I have heard debated quite a lot, so I hope this isn’t a repost.

Are the Sport Rider magazine’s suggested suspension settings a good place to start for dialing in at the track?

I’ve heard either way. Ideally I would want someone who has had a bunch of suspension experience to do this for me all the time. (i.e. Larry Myers, Patrick w/Motorcycles Unlimited etc…….) But to save myself the hassle of having to ask all the time or spend money, along with wanting to learn how to dial it in myself, would this be a good way to start? I guess if not, then starting with a Larry or Patrick set-up would be a better idea, right?

Weigh in and let me know what you guys think………..be gentle, I’m still learning the whole “suspension” thing.

-Adam
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sport Rider Mag or... CBR_TRAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 08-16-2012 11:33 AM
My Bike in Sport Rider Magazine rideForrestride General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 03-30-2009 06:01 PM
Then, you MIGHT be a sport bike rider..... gueroaero General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-06-2009 03:00 PM
My first new/used sport bike - another girl rider tarotammy General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 07-07-2008 07:02 AM
suggested suspension settings CarbonJames Performance and Modifications 2 05-09-2005 07:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

for 25 bucks I would head to Motorcycles Unlimited to get a basic setting dialed in and go from there.

If they are a track event even better so they can work with you through out the day.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Don't go by Sportrider's suggested settings.

There are 3 or 4 good books at Barnes & Nobles on sportbike suspension if you want to learn.
I'm with BC, though. Take it to Motorcycles Unlimited and let them do the work.

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

After the Motorcycles Unlimited setup, If I need to make any adjustments, I just call them up from the track. It is usually not a big deal and they walk me through the changes needed. So not only do I get it fixed, but I also learn a little each time.

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement