MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
tarotammy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
93 GSF400 Bandit, 99 ZX1100, 1965 Triumph Bonneville

Send a message via Yahoo to tarotammy
Thumbs up Motorcycle Commercial

AWESOME NEWS ALL, I saw a Commercial this morning at 8:30am on KXXV, channel 25 on Satellite Channel in between the running Good Morning America show, the commercial showed an actual bike crashing into a car's side T-boning it, it showed the crash from the version of the driver of the car, with the window shattering and the driver reacting, I will admit it caught me off guard and caught my breath until I realized they were promoting motorcycle awareness. Then it asked when did you see the motorcycle, (Here when it crashed into your driver's door or here and it panned out to show a view of the motorcycle some good distance away approaching), then it went to a screen asking folks to watch out for motorcycles and look repeatedly before pulling out.

It was the first time I had seen a commercial in a long time promoting drivers to beware of motorcycles around them and motorcycle safety awareness, I admit I am excited to see this and hope they continue to run it frequently. I personally will email KXXV and tell them as a fellow Motorcycle rider I really appreciate them airing the commercial and would really love for them to continue running it frequently.

T
tarotammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funniest Motorcycle Insurance Commercial MIGHTYDUCKY22 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 04-02-2013 11:33 PM
great motorcycle safety commercial AkA_WooDy General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 06-15-2010 05:08 PM
GEICO Caveman Motorcycle Commercial ormand Off Topic 9 09-10-2008 10:48 AM
this is a great motorcycle commercial as well. peruvian General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 07-15-2008 09:33 AM
Sweet motorcycle commercial? dhdrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 02-27-2007 02:08 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotammy View Post
AWESOME NEWS ALL, I saw a Commercial this morning at 8:30am on KXXV, channel 25 on Satellite Channel in between the running Good Morning America show, the commercial showed an actual bike crashing into a car's side T-boning it, it showed the crash from the version of the driver of the car, with the window shattering and the driver reacting, I will admit it caught me off guard and caught my breath until I realized they were promoting motorcycle awareness. Then it asked when did you see the motorcycle, (Here when it crashed into your driver's door or here and it panned out to show a view of the motorcycle some good distance away approaching), then it went to a screen asking folks to watch out for motorcycles and look repeatedly before pulling out.

It was the first time I had seen a commercial in a long time promoting drivers to beware of motorcycles around them and motorcycle safety awareness, I admit I am excited to see this and hope they continue to run it frequently. I personally will email KXXV and tell them as a fellow Motorcycle rider I really appreciate them airing the commercial and would really love for them to continue running it frequently.

T
post up the email when you find it.

I saw it last night. Took me off guard as well. I'm glad it is being shown.

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
tarotammy

Bike(s):

Here is the link to their website

http://www.kxxv.com/
Old 07-15-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
tarotammy

Bike(s):

Okay here is the Email I sent to KXXV along with their contact emails for folks to ask KXXV to continue running the commercial and to run if VERY OFTEN:

To: 'ideas@kxxv.com'
Cc: 'aholyfield@kxxv.com'; 'jarmstrong@kxxv.com'
Subject: Motorcycle Awareness Commercial Aired by KXXV

I wanted to send my greatest appreciation to KXXV for airing a commercial that shows motorist to take on Motorcycle awareness while driving. As you know the rise in motorcycles due to gas prices have gone up in numbers, my husband is one of those commuting on a motorcycle to save on gas and I myself a female have started learning to ride a motorcycle and will be attending an MSF course very soon, which has also seen a rise. There is a LOT of women on motorcycles now as well as more men. With the rise in motorcycles on the road to save on gas, we will be hearing about more motorcycle accidents, which we do not want to hear about, as long as we are not promoting motorcycle awareness. Please I beg you to keep airing the motorcycle awareness commercials and air them OFTEN, I only see one to two a day from various channels but it needs to be aired more frequently with the rise in motorcycles appearing on the road now. Families would love to keep their loved ones safe while trying to save on gas and have peace of mind knowing your company can help influence motorcycle safety awareness by running the motorcycle awareness commercials VERY OFTEN. I beg, do your part as concerned citizens and a TV station that influences and delivers news to the public about the rise in motorcycles on the roads and on my part I will be distributing in large volumes news to fellow motorcycle forums and friends who ride motorcycles, who will hear verbally and online me and others posting our greatest appreciation to your company for taking a concern for fellow motorcycle riders and promotion of motorcycle safety awareness.

Commercial Aired:

I saw a Commercial this morning at 8:30am on KXXV, channel 25 on Satellite Channel in between the running Good Morning America show, the commercial showed an actual bike crashing into a car's side T-boning it, it showed the crash from the version of the driver of the car, with the window shattering and the driver reacting, I will admit it caught me off guard and caught my breath until I realized they were promoting motorcycle awareness. Then it asked when did you see the motorcycle, (Here when it crashed into your driver's door or here and it panned out to show a view of the motorcycle some good distance away approaching), then it went to a screen asking folks to watch out for motorcycles and look repeatedly before pulling out.

Thank you,

Signature

PS – I would love to see a link to this particular commercial online on your HOME WEBPAGE . . .
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

sent in my own words

where is mckee?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
tarotammy

Bike(s):

I also changed it up a bit and sent it to all my local surrounding Newspapers asking them to run stories of Motorcycle Awareness. If they run the ads I will scan and post them for folks to see.

Thanks for sending off your version, GREAT JOB IN HELPING CARING about your fellow riders.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #7
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

I did not watch it.

Is this one??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xMfk1msw9A

I think the original idea/ad was aired in England and looks a little more graphic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-u0RFtyGY

ALWAYS assume that they do NOT see you at the intersection...!!!
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
tarotammy

Bike(s):

Yes that is IT, thanks for sharing and posting it
Old 07-16-2008, 03:21 AM   #9
Trung
rip chad jones

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 5 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNyuf533Go&NR=1

i like this one
Trung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 AM   #10
TrevorC

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

e-mailed in my own words as well.
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #11
JSC_SLP
Rider

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)

I've seen and really appreciate both commercials. Thanks for helping encourage them to be promoted more often Tarotammy!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #12
Hoguer
Hoguer

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Honda VTX 1300C
Honda VTX 1300C

This is great!!! Now only if people pay attention to the commercial.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #13
tarotammy

Bike(s):

An update they are now running the commercial a little more often, YEAHHH . . . wish they would add on some more of what all you guys are posting for links, all of them are great . . .

I also emailed the letters to my local newspapers and I hope to see one printed soon. Just saw another accident on the news this morning about a motorcyclist getting wrapped up in a car accident, two cars ahead of him got into an accident he could not avoid and unfortunately was caught up in the accident hitting them as well.

Thanks all for all the support in keeping our riders SAFE and ALIVE
Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #14
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

did you receive a response from them yet?

where is mckee?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #15
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
no offense, but emailing the networks aren't going to do you a bit of good. they only air what advertisers pay for. if the org that paid to run the ad doesn't want to pay to run them more, the network won't do it. contact the people that ran the ad and ask them to do it more. it will let them know that the money they spent on running the ad was worthwhile and want them to spend more.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #16
tarotammy

Bike(s):

No, no responses yet and it sure didn't cross my mind about paid advertising, YES I will try to contact the folks that are running the commercial and beg them to run more time slots.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:15 PM   #17
CBR_10

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki 600

Member Garage

I've also heard several local radio commercials this week for motorycycle awarness.
CBR_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #18
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

This makes me glad too...anybody been up near Tyler, Tx? They've got tons of "Share the Road" caution signs with a picture of a motorcycle on it. I think we could use some of those in Houston.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #19
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Heard a motorcycle safety commercial on the radio this morning.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #20
Ogre
Ancient one

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
no offense, but emailing the networks aren't going to do you a bit of good. they only air what advertisers pay for. if the org that paid to run the ad doesn't want to pay to run them more, the network won't do it. contact the people that ran the ad and ask them to do it more. it will let them know that the money they spent on running the ad was worthwhile and want them to spend more.
Probably a PSA, not an advert.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement