MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
Heytalktoryan
Senior Member
 
Heytalktoryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 236












Smile New from Houston/San Antonio

Hey whats up, I found out about this site from Houston-imports.com where I post under the same sn. I just recently sold my Mmiata in order to get some money to purchase a Ninja 250R. I've been on the lookout for one for about a week so if you find a good deal then lmk. I've searched craigslist hi and lo but never can seem to come across a legitimate deal. I'm looking to spend around 2k. I won't start riding it until I take the MSF and get all the proper gear ( Helmet, jacket, pants, shoes, gloves, etc) which should be sometime around early August so I have about a month to find a bike.
If you have any advice about riding or even buying a 250 please let me know, I'm a complete noob to bikes and your advice will be greatly appreciated. Hopefully, the flaming will be kept to a minimal, lol. I used to frequently autocross and want to get into tracking the 250 just because it looks like its so much fun. Plus, I feel like it would help me become a better rider/ gain more experience.
I'm currently located in San Antonio ( pre-optometry/ Bio/English double major at UTSA) but I frequently visit Houston ( parents live in the Woodlands area) so any bike for sale between those two locations is fine ( I'm even willing to drive to Austin if the price is right lol). Thanks in advance, looking forward to posting more on this site!
Heytalktoryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
back roads route Houston to San Antonio lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 04-07-2013 06:06 PM
HOUSTON ---> SAN ANTONIO RIDE OR DRIVE? cyberone28 Off Topic 22 06-13-2012 11:54 AM
Houston vs San Antonio Infinite Off Topic 9 08-09-2010 01:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
01 r1 jason
I GOTTA PEG LEG LOL
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 545

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 harley street glide
fzr600 (endurance bike)
06 gsxr 1000 (race bike)
07 X6 pocket bike
05 YAMAHA R1






welcome and gl with your search
__________________
LCLF MC FORTBEND
SGT AT ARMS
01 r1 jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled
 
tiatool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gunspoint
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 8,719

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100





Quote:
Originally Posted by Heytalktoryan View Post
Hey whats up, I found out about this site from Houston-imports.com where I post under the same sn. I just recently sold my Mmiata in order to get some money to purchase a Ninja 250R. I've been on the lookout for one for about a week so if you find a good deal then lmk. I've searched craigslist hi and lo but never can seem to come across a legitimate deal. I'm looking to spend around 2k. I won't start riding it until I take the MSF and get all the proper gear ( Helmet, jacket, pants, shoes, gloves, etc) which should be sometime around early August so I have about a month to find a bike.
If you have any advice about riding or even buying a 250 please let me know, I'm a complete noob to bikes and your advice will be greatly appreciated. Hopefully, the flaming will be kept to a minimal, lol. I used to frequently autocross and want to get into tracking the 250 just because it looks like its so much fun. Plus, I feel like it would help me become a better rider/ gain more experience.
I'm currently located in San Antonio ( pre-optometry/ Bio/English double major at UTSA) but I frequently visit Houston ( parents live in the Woodlands area) so any bike for sale between those two locations is fine ( I'm even willing to drive to Austin if the price is right lol). Thanks in advance, looking forward to posting more on this site!

I think Dreamer has one for sale for 2k. Look him up and PM him.

Velcom
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
Heytalktoryan
Senior Member
 
Heytalktoryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 236












Thanks!
Dreamer is his sn?
I'll shoot him a pm asap; is that the one that was dropped with the broken fairing? How difficult is it to find a new fairing?
Heytalktoryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #5
Heytalktoryan
Senior Member
 
Heytalktoryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 236












Man, I feel like an idiot. My sn on H-I is heyitsryan not heytalktoryan, .
Heytalktoryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled
 
tiatool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gunspoint
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 8,719

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100





Quote:
Originally Posted by Heytalktoryan View Post
Thanks!
Dreamer is his sn?
I'll shoot him a pm asap; is that the one that was dropped with the broken fairing? How difficult is it to find a new fairing?
Yeah I think his sn is Dreamer!! but you should be able to find it easily in the user names section. I don't know if it was dropped or condition. I just know he had one for sale. I would assume you could easily find plastics for it as they are popular starter bikes.

Im in Spring. Just one exit away from Sawdust so when you get into town PM me and we can go ride! I know the best roads around and will be willing to help you out with technique. Good Luck!!


Where is SA are you? I used to work on the River.
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
Heytalktoryan
Senior Member
 
Heytalktoryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 236












Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Yeah I think his sn is Dreamer!! but you should be able to find it easily in the user names section. I don't know if it was dropped or condition. I just know he had one for sale. I would assume you could easily find plastics for it as they are popular starter bikes.

Im in Spring. Just one exit away from Sawdust so when you get into town PM me and we can go ride! I know the best roads around and will be willing to help you out with technique. Good Luck!!


Where is SA are you? I used to work on the River.
I'm in the Northside of San Antonio; 1604 and Babcock area: Near La cantera and utsa.

My parents have a house down Rayford/Sawdust. I'll definitely shoot you a pm once I get back into town. Are there motorcycle junkyards/ websites or something where I can search for fairings/parts? I've researched on ebay and a few other online sources but can't seem to find anything for a decent price.
Heytalktoryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 AM   #8
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled
 
tiatool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gunspoint
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 8,719

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100





Quote:
Originally Posted by Heytalktoryan View Post
I'm in the Northside of San Antonio; 1604 and Babcock area: Near La cantera and utsa.

My parents have a house down Rayford/Sawdust. I'll definitely shoot you a pm once I get back into town. Are there motorcycle junkyards/ websites or something where I can search for fairings/parts? I've researched on ebay and a few other online sources but can't seem to find anything for a decent price.
KEWL! I used to live off 281 a couple of places. Can't seem to remember street names though. Right by The Quarry Golf Club.

Yeah there are some junkyards, but the ninjak 250 is the most popular bike right now everywhere, so ebay or cl are really your best bet. Or just change it up some. Search out a GS-500 or some other starter set up. The choices are limitless, if you have an open mind for it. Let me do a quick search and I'll post back up.
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #9
Heytalktoryan
Senior Member
 
Heytalktoryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 236












Sweet, Thanks!
Heytalktoryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
*scratches head* welcome
__________________
[CENTER][IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2174/48830454.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heytalktoryan View Post
Thanks!
Dreamer is his sn?
I'll shoot him a pm asap; is that the one that was dropped with the broken fairing? How difficult is it to find a new fairing?
dont forget the exclamation marks...Dreamer!!
__________________
[CENTER][IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2174/48830454.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #12
Scatter
Senior Member
 
Scatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,643

Experience: 4-8 months











welcome
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 AM   #13
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing
 
PYROBUG51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPRING
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 6,158


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)






Welcome, I my parents live in NW San Antonio and I live just South of the Woodlands.
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #14
lynkxda1
MotoHouston Street Ninja
 
lynkxda1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 953

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2006 Kawawsaki zx 600RR









welcome
__________________
Bruce Lee taught my ninja himself .
lynkxda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #15
Cherub
FTP
 
Cherub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 11,832


Bike(s):
06 Raven R6




Member Garage





Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Welcome and check out the forsale forum they have had a few 250s pass through there
__________________

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:25 AM   #16
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Welcome!
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #17
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction
 
Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The funky ghetto
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,698

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom






Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Welcome to MH!


save up more money and buy a decent 250. not gunna get much from 2K, I spent that on gear this year.
__________________
Hooligan-Awarded "Most improved on the track" 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #18
amber|alexis
Senior Member
 
amber|alexis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,367

Experience: 4 years






Member Garage





welcome to the fam! Hope you enjoy your stay!

amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #19
Heytalktoryan
Senior Member
 
Heytalktoryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 236












Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Heytalktoryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #20
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Howdy
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy