MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: gixxerbill (1000) VS. jodyhudson (600) which is faster in the corners
jody will roll his old up and smoke him like a blunt 68 43.87%
bill will spank that little whipper snappers 21 13.55%
who gives a fukk ! they both need to grow the up 66 42.58%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 11:20 PM   #61
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

I am tired it is past my bedtime you know us old guys need alot of sleep especially since we get up and pee a bunch times, Anyway I was trying to show max what we are talking about. Btw turn one is the turn before pit straight. You do know that don't you? The turns are the same no matter what direction. IF this is not what you thought you can bow out without too much shame,
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is this a 1000 rim on 600? 650ninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 05-22-2015 08:30 AM
600 or 1000 Brandon General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 11-17-2011 06:46 PM
600 or 1000 Romeo36 Off Topic 44 02-13-2009 06:58 AM
02 600 to 1000 qumanramos How To's and Q & A's 10 09-10-2008 09:29 PM
600 to 1000 invalidalias General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 10-18-2007 11:21 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #62
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I am tired it is past my bedtime you know us old guys need alot of sleep especially since we get up and pee a bunch times, Anyway I was trying to show max what we are talking about. Btw turn one is the turn before pit straight. You do know that don't you? The turns are the same no matter what direction. IF this is not what you thought you can bow out without too much shame,
i know exactly where turn 1 is... clockwise is the direction u are refering to is it not ? keep on runnin ur head bill. cause im gonna laugh my off when u fall on it.

bow out now. u got me confused fool. the only one that will be shamed is u.

Last edited by jodyhudson; 07-14-2008 at 11:28 PM.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #63
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
i know exactly where turn 1 is... clockwise is the direction u are refering to is it not ?
Yes so it is one continuous left turn before you pitch it back right, Right?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #64
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

What are you talking about falling on my head you ain;'t going to pull a pedrosa on me are ya? I am not hayden I'll be if you mess up my new arai,
Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #65
TrevorC

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

Quote:
What are you talking about falling on my head you ain;'t going to pull a pedrosa on me are ya? I am not hayden I'll be if you mess up my new arai,
you guys are a trip, i def want to be there for this challenge

i'm thinking jody from what i've heard is going to open a can
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #66
jodyhudson

Quote:
Yes so it is one continuous left turn before you pitch it back right, Right?
kinda. im not gonna tell u where u fukked up. i suggest u go practice there alot. i was just there on the 4th riding. i got plenty of practice passin folks there all day long
Old 07-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #67
jodyhudson

Quote:
i would never knock u down bill. u might get a bump or a shove if ur in my way. but i wont knock u down on purpose. if anything u will take urself out trying to keep me behind u. trust me. i have lots of practice at this. and u sir... how much racing experience do u have ?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #68
maxgs

Member Garage

Going clockwise, a racers turn 1 is the right turn after the front straight. The first turn a racer makes is always turn 1. The stuff about the corners being numbered in the counterclockwise direction and those number staying static even when the course is run clockwise is a bunch of hooey. I've heard other people at MSR-H suggest the same thing, and I don't understand where they get that from.

-Curt
Old 07-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #69
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Going clockwise, a racers turn 1 is the right turn after the front straight. The first turn a racer makes is always turn 1. The stuff about the corners being numbered in the counterclockwise direction and those number staying static even when the course is run clockwise is a bunch of hooey. I've heard other people at MSR-H suggest the same thing, and I don't understand where they get that from.

-Curt
u are right curt (maxgs). but the way he set it up is running clockwise.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:44 PM   #70
jodyhudson

Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 PM   #71
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

That's the way us oldtimers label it max,

Ok just so we are clear we will be comeing clockwish down the front straight and then I will be in the lead(part of the deal) and enter the carosel going left then jody will have to pass me before we turn back right is that right jody? just want to be clear,
Old 07-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #72
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post

-Curt
Curt - right wrong or indifferent that's just the way it's called @ MSR Houston - probably since it was run CCW for the first few years and for a while it was run both ways and was just too confusing to keep asking: Turn 7 going which way???? Attached is a very new layout with labeling by the Track Owners Themselves - it's so new it has the Go Kart Track on it and is dated 2008. Turn 1 was never on either end of the front straight - it is on one end of "pit straight" - The begnning of pit straight running CW, as depicted on the track layout published on the track website.

http://www.msrhouston.com/msrhouston/trackmap.asp

silverfudge =

Last edited by Radar; 07-14-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:53 PM   #73
jodyhudson

Quote:
That's the way us oldtimers label it max,

Ok just so we are clear we will be comeing clockwish down the front straight and then I will be in the lead(part of the deal) and enter the carosel going left then jody will have to pass me before we turn back right is that right jody? just want to be clear,
thats a 10-4 how many laps are we gonna do this for ?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:54 PM   #74
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Hasn’t the point (if there was one) been lost here?
This all started when Jody “took exception” to the following statement from Bill.
“I don't know if I agree with that. I think corner speed between the really fast people and regular trackdayers that ride expert ain't that much different. I think really fast people know how to brake really reeally late and don't coast at all is the reason they are faster.

Small bikes I don't know if I agree with that either. I did alot better on my 1000 than I did on my 750 mainly because I was faster on the coners than alot of 1000's but they were faster down the straight. When I got a 1000 it fixed that problem.”

I don’t know either of these guys but I assume they’re both at least good riders and I have some questions.
Bill, Why you so much faster on the corners than the other 1000’s? could it be Cus U started on a 750?
Jody, If you can pass him on the carousel on a 600, couldn’t you do the same on a 1000?
Anybody, Is the carousel a proper place to stage such a duel? I mean it’s closer to a sweeper than one where a 600 could or couldn’t out turn a 1000. no?

Ok I’m off to try and find another very entertaining thread to kill.
Wormgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:00 AM   #75
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormgear View Post
This all started when Jody “took exception” to the following statement from Bill.
“I don't know if I agree with that. I think corner speed between the really fast people and regular trackdayers that ride expert ain't that much different. I think really fast people know how to brake really reeally late and don't coast at all is the reason they are faster.

Small bikes I don't know if I agree with that either. I did alot better on my 1000 than I did on my 750 mainly because I was faster on the coners than alot of 1000's but they were faster down the straight. When I got a 1000 it fixed that problem.”

I don’t know either of these guys but I assume they’re both at least good riders and I have some questions.
Bill, Why you so much faster on the corners than the other 1000’s? could it be Cus U started on a 750?
Jody, If you can pass him on the carousel on a 600, couldn’t you do the same on a 1000?
Anybody, Is the carousel a proper place to stage such a duel? I mean it’s closer to a sweeper than one where a 600 could or couldn’t out turn a 1000. no?

i suggested using a radar gun to clock speed. he came up with this brain fart idea about i cant pass him in the carousel . if he was a real man. he'd race me heads up. gixxerbill on his 1000 vs. me on BC's 600. he wont do that cause he knows ill cream his all over the track. so he has to limit himself to one corner. sissy if u ask me, but hey ill play his silly little game and make him look dumb either way
Old 07-15-2008, 12:05 AM   #76
jodyhudson

Old 07-15-2008, 12:06 AM   #77
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormgear View Post

Sheesh I don't know jody started it. I can't wuss out now, I am really hurt by the poor turn out on my votes, Sheesh I don't think anyone has passed me in the carosel in the last year, I am not saying i am the fastest in the carosel I am just saying that no one was that much faster that they could get around me in the carosel.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:08 AM   #78
jodyhudson

Quote:
Sheesh I don't know jody started it. I can't wuss out now, I am really hurt by the poor turn out on my votes, Sheesh I don't think anyone has passed me in the carosel in the last year, I am not saying i am the fastest in the carosel I am just saying that no one was that much faster that they could get around me in the carosel.
dude. ur riding with trackday guys bill. WTF do u expect ! ur luck is about to change my friend... i hope u like flourescent orange

as far as ur votes go. id say its because most of them have seen my riding ability at the track regularly. unlike ur fair weather ridin

Last edited by jodyhudson; 07-15-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #79
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I just want to see who can whoolie the furthest down the front straight at MSRH!
u already know i can pretty much do the whole thang... it wouldnt even be a contest
Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #80
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
i suggested using a radar gun to clock speed. he came up with this brain fart idea about i cant pass him in the carousel . if he was a real man. he'd race me heads up. gixxerbill on his 1000 vs. me on BC's 600. he wont do that cause he knows ill cream his all over the track. so he has to limit himself to one corner. sissy if u ask me, but hey ill play his silly little game and make him look dumb either way
Hey dude back uo I never said I was faster than you. I am a weekend trackday rider not a racer, I am a realist I never lie about my times I ride ny pace slower than some faster that others, But in this situation I don't think you can pass me. If you are so fast why don't you ride a 1000 and llet Larry Meyers ride a 600 and see who wins, Dang with your smack talk you should have not trouble at all.

Advertisement