MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #41
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo3825 View Post
I can't wait till richmond suzuki re-opens again. So I can get some real service again.
Are you being serious? I've never heard anything but negatives about them.
Intermission is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Highlands Kawasaki kawasakijockey General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 04-29-2010 10:41 AM
Highlands tomorrow Liqued600RR Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 05-13-2009 08:10 PM
I need a deal on a Kawasaki magzx12r General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 07-08-2008 11:19 AM
2008 Ninja 250r Availability @ Humble Kawasaki RinasDaddy General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-26-2007 05:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #42
sixerSLYGUY
ChuckR1's

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06' R6 track
79' SR500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
I'll stick with Mancuso, they treated me right, and where quick to let me sit on different bikes as long as I wanted. No hassle or anything. Plus they are close.
i feel the same about tejas, people talk trash about em but theyve pretty much have been good. i dont use their service dept cause prices but i pretty much konw everyone there and theyre cool.
sixerSLYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #43
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
i have been to humble kawi twice

1st-walked in and the store was empty, no costumers, just 1 salesman
i was completely ignored. i finally just asked the salesman a question on prices on a 1k are and he replies "whats your credit look like?"
what kind of question is that???

2nd time-i was in there witha friend and the salesman would not leave him alone about running his liscense to see his credit.
That's just a salesman with no tact, in quaifying a customer. salesman and a poor reflection of the dealership.

The dealerships are starting to suck bad around town. They dont keep in stock. Gotta order near everything.

I went in to a dealership, with 8 grand cash in my pocket recently, stood amoug all the sport bikes for like 20 minutes, getting on and off of 3 or 4 of them. NOT ONCE, did someone ask me if I needed help.

Couple days later, went into another dealership, same . I guess they are just tired of tirekickers and unqualified customers comming in and not buying or unable to buy. So they have a bad attitude. I was ready to buy, THAT DAY! Bet if I had dressed differently or had a nice car, I would have been helped.

Went into another dealership last Saturday. Stood atthe parts counter and watched employee after employee walk past me without asking me if I needed help.

Tried to get a quote from a sponsor on this site one time. The entire day passed, and I never got the quote, so I bought online. They lost my business due to thier poor customer service and inability to make me feel like my business was important to them.

Me personally, and apparently Diggler too, are REAL BUYING customers and expect to be treated well. No ing wonder why more and more peeps are buying off the internet.

If that owner said that, about taking the parts back, then HIM. What kind of dumbass says some like that? In my business, a service business, I eat crow all the time. It's about winning the WAR...not every little sorry battle. That owner was worried about that little battle. And yea...he won that one. But I guarantee you that him refusing to take a lil loss on that will cost him 10 fold in the long run. I doubt this thread would have even been posted had the parts been taken back.

What these people fail to realize is that there are loyal customers out there, most places have just never done to earn the loyalty.

Last edited by cdill35; 07-10-2008 at 10:58 PM.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #44
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

I own my own retail store I appreciate customer service a lot, and I hope I give the best service I can. I've walked out of several stores because I didn't get help when I needed it. I'm not about to work to give someone money. I'll take a small loss if it means getting a long term customer, or even to get some good word of mouth.
Intermission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #45
The Black Sheepdog
Derp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 600RA
06 F4i
fiddy

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to The Black Sheepdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerSLYGUY View Post
wadda ya mean where at? exxon is right off spur 330. its been there since like 1920, and im trying to get a job as a operator.... anywhere really
ExxonMobil has at least five locations between Baytown and Houston, and there are two facilities off 330, the Baytown Complex and BOP... hence why I ask

I'm generally wary about retail store horror stories, simply because I've been on both sides of the aisle, and like someone said earlier there is almost always more to the story.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:09 AM   #46
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

stubbs original has excellent customer service. buy a suzuki or honda.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #47
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Sounds like this place, even after hearing both sides of the story, is NOT a dealer I ever want to go to.

I was on vacation last weekend in Missouri and I stopped at a Yammy/Kawi/Honda dealership a little north of West Plains Missouri simply because it was there. I walked in and within 30 seconds a floor sales guy walked up to greet me. I was standing by a new R6 and I made a comment on how much I love the new body style. He was like "come check this out" and led me to the shop in the back where they had 4 more new R6's. We talked for about 5 or 10 min about bike stuff and then he asked me if i rode 50's. I said no and he asked me if I wanted to ride his kdx50. So the next half hour we were just f'n around on his kawi 50 in the parking lot behind the dealership. I putted around and he was doing wheelies and stuff.

All this after I told him on the sales floor that I'm just visiting from texas and have no intention of making a purchase.

THAT'S SERVICE!!!!!!

I would almost drive 11 hours again just to buy a motorcycle from this place so this guy could get the commission from the sale when I'm in the market for another bike.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 AM   #48
flypunk
it doesn't matter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Well now that we know the other side of the story, all I can say is ...

Congratulations Kawasaki and their owner for blowing buisiness down the drain.

"The owner tells Mr. Anderson that there is no point for him to lose money on parts so a person who will no longer be a customer anyway, leaves happy."

Bwahhahahahaha, rule of marketing a happy customer may get you 3 other customers, and unhappy one will cost you 10.

So if the attitude of this dealer is I am not trying to make things right with someone that I believe will not return anyways this is definitely a place I would not recoomend to anyone more to the point this is a place I would talk people out of.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #49
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I wanna know if this dumb mo fo works there. 1/2 the post sounds like he works there... the other 1/2 sounds like he was hangin out with his boyfriend who works there.
Boyfriend!! Sweet. What organization gave the track day passes out? I may want some too!

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #50
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypunk View Post
anyway, leaves happy."

Bwahhahahahaha, rule of marketing a happy customer may get you 3 other customers, and unhappy one will cost you 10.

true

another one

you can't please all the people all the time.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #51
diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx14owner View Post
TELL THE STORY RIGHT.......YOU DIDNT GIVE 1500.00. YOU GAVE SOME PASSES TO GIVE OUT SO YOU COULD TRY AND HAVE A DISCOUNT ON PARTS FIRST OFF, AND I DONT THINK ONE WAS EVER USED...
Doesn't matter if they were used. Your dealership was given them up front and it is up to the customer to decide, it was a tool for you to help sell bikes and get people in your store. We were trying to help you promote your store and sell bikes. Bottom line is we carried through with our part of the deal and all you people did was change your story and tactics. BTW, passes have been given to your customers. Get your facts straight.

Quote:
THE ONLY REASON YOU WERE TOLD 25% OVER COST WAS TO EAT THE PART THAT WAS GIVIN TO YOU ........
NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING!
Thats very interesting especially when your co-worker (DJ) tells me specifically, the reason for the increase was because employees at the Highlands location got caught ordering parts on discount and selling them on eBay. Maybe you should ask your co-worker to keep his mouth shut next time. Get your facts straight.

Quote:
YOUR THE ONLY HOLE I SEE IN THIS............THEY TRIED TO MAKE IT RIGHT AND YOU WENT OFF ON THE WRONG PERSON! gET A LIFE.........
Exactly how did you try to make it right? Nothing was ever offered to even try to rectify the situation. Get your facts straight.
diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #52
GHOSTRIDER

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000>>> sold sold>>> no bike
08 CBR1000RR

**credit card**

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggler View Post
Start of the race season this year, our race team gives them 1500.00 dollars of free track days and instruction, hand them plaquards and redeemable cards. We agree to a dealer plus 10% on parts and accessories for the year.

Motor blows in one of the race bikes, go in and order parts for the motor. Go to pick up parts, they tell me employees have been caught ordering parts on their discounts and selling the parts on eBay and now I only get dealer plus 25%.

I say whatever give me the parts I got 2 days to build a motor (this is where I should have said "expletive" off). I leave and head straight to my engine builder, open the bag, $163.00 dollars of missing parts not in the bag. I call them immediately and they give me the story that they are sure the parts were in the bag even though when I went to pick them up, they were not even in their computer system. The guy sat there and entered a list into the computer and then handed me a bag. He never checked the parts in the bag against the list.

They tell me to give them a day to see if they can find the parts. I call them back and they tell me, sorry your out of luck we can't find them.

I return to the dealer with the parts I did get and ask to have them returned and my CC credited. Then they tell me, we will take them back with a 20% re-stocking fee. I say whatever because at this point I just want to end the relationship with these a$$wipes.

The guy behind the counter starts keying everything in, he is almost done, and then the owner walks up and tells me he isn't taking anything back and if I want to do anything about it to sue him.

Un-believable, we gave them $1500 in free track days, have bought over $1000 dollars worth of parts this year and just because the can't hire decent people he tries to screw me.

I won't even get into the rest of the stuff but that is it.

Don't EVER deal with Highlands or Humble Kawasaki !
call your credit card company dispute it!!!!! that is fraud for not getting what you orderd you will get your money back!!!!!
GHOSTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #53
diggler

Quote:
Me personally, and apparently Diggler too, are REAL BUYING customers and expect to be treated well. No ing wonder why more and more peeps are buying off the internet.

If that owner said that, about taking the parts back, then HIM. What kind of dumbass says some like that? In my business, a service business, I eat crow all the time. It's about winning the WAR...not every little sorry battle. That owner was worried about that little battle. And yea...he won that one. But I guarantee you that him refusing to take a lil loss on that will cost him 10 fold in the long run. I doubt this thread would have even been posted had the parts been taken back.

What these people fail to realize is that there are loyal customers out there, most places have just never done to earn the loyalty.
Exactly! Nuff Said!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #54
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrmike View Post
He just watched me pull in on a brand new ZX-10. Clueless.

Clueless.
Clueless.

Now, in thier defense, they had been open only a short time back then and may not have had time to really install a staff that new what they were doing.

Every dealership has thier bad days, I hope that this was just one of them.
Get a clue buddy.

Quote:

I went in to a dealership, with 8 grand cash in my pocket recently, stood amoug all the sport bikes for like 20 minutes, getting on and off of 3 or 4 of them. NOT ONCE, did someone ask me if I needed help.
sometimes buyer like to be left alone, no hassle salesmen. I would like to be left alone unless I have questions about the bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
true

another one

you can't please all the people all the time.

Quote:

Exactly how did you try to make it right? Nothing was ever offered to even try to rectify the situation. Get your facts straight.
They didn't try to make it right. Maybe both of you had a bad day.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #55
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

When is Richmond Suzuki coming back? That place was always worth the drive.

This place sounds like a sh*thole. Glad I know not to go there.

(oh and slander = spoken, libel = printed)

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #56
diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post
Okay, I will start off by saying this. This will be my first and last post on this forum, so bash, hate, whine, and curse as much as you want towards me because you will not get a response.

Here is the other side of the story.

Mr. Anderson was set up, along with other shops and people, at a cost+10% rate. It was like this for a while. However, the percentage was in fact changed as of last month for everyone. Employee discount even changed. Now, Mr. Anderson called and ordered all these parts. When he ordered them he was not informed of the change of percentage. When he came to pick up his parts he was informed before he ever handed anyone a dollar or a piece of plastic. He had the choice right then and there to say "no thanks". He didn't. By saying okay and handing us a credit card and signing a slip of paper you agree to pay the total amount. Mr. Anderson agreed.
Please tell us why the change happened. Tell me why our initial agreement was changed. I had a race in 3 days and needed a motor built, what I agreed to was to receive all parts that I ordered, not a subset of those parts.

Quote:
This is were the bending of the truth starts. Mr. Anderson admitted to our employees on several occasions that he, in-fact, did not look in the bag or open the bag himself. He took it straight to someone else. Surely when parts have been in 3 different sets of hands and you dont have it and the dealer claims not to have it you would talk to the 3rd set of hands right? Harass them as much as the other party? Guess not.
There is no bending of the truth, I drove straight to the builders opened up the bag and viola, missing parts. The builder will attest to the date and time of my arrival. Your dealership to the builder. nothing more.

Quote:
This is true. He told us the parts were not in the bag and when he got there the parts weren't in the system. For any of you that know how a motorcycle dealership works you know that when you receive a shipment of parts they come in a box. In that box along with the parts is a packing list. All parts were checked off the packing list and then put in the bag. The packing list is then used to put the items in inventory with the computer. All parts were checked in and put in Mr. Anderson's bag, however, it had been a busy day and the parts hadn't been put in the computer yet. Mr. Anderson was asked to please be patient as this was done and he was. Accompanying Mr. Anderson into the shop was his own personal list of parts that he had ordered. To make sure no parts were missed we went off his list when ringing him up. Any part that was on his list and did not come off our packing list (which would mean it wasn't in the bag) would have shown up as an invalid part number. None did.

This is true. We asked Mr. Anderson which parts he was missing and then went to our system to check and make sure they were put in, went to our packing list to make sure they had arrived, went into our parts inventory and checked multiple times to make sure they weren't accidentally put in stock, and then we checked, again multiple times, that they hadn't been put in any other customers bag by mistake. They were in the computer, on the packing list, not in stock, and not in any other bag.

This I do not have much of a leg to stand on, for I was not the one who talked to Mr. Anderson. However, I do know that he was offered to repurchase the parts. No one ever used the term "Sorry, you're out of luck".
Please tell me who offered to repurchase the parts. I was never offered that option and then when I did try to bring them back I get the owner telling me he doesn't have to do anything and to sue him.

Quote:
There has been a sign placed on the back wall of the parts department since day one explicitly stating "There is a 20% restocking fee on all parts and there is no return on electrical parts". This is the norm for any dealership you go to. Now, there are exceptions to this rule. For instance, if you buy an air filter from us that we will be able to resale with no hassle, the fee may be waved. The fee was not waved for Mr. Anderson because we would not be able to resale any of the parts he returned because they were specific parts. Kawasaki charges us a 20% restocking fee to return them. If you put the two and two together you will see that the only reason we charge a restocking fee for parts is so that when WE return them, we come out even. There was no mistake on our part for the parts that you ordered. They were the correct parts and you chose to return them. You were going to be charged a restocking fee. Why you did not just keep the parts and sell them with the rest of the bike you are parting out, I do not know. Also, Mr. Anderson is very hostile in his post. He had the same attitude when he was in our dealership. Unfortunately the attitude was overheard by the owner.

The owner tells Mr. Anderson that there is no point for him to lose money on parts so a person who will no longer be a customer anyway, leaves happy. Right, wrong, or indifferent, this was his opinion. Anyone in the same situation would have the exact same thought as the owner. The only difference is the Owner was not afraid to voice it.
Your owner is an idiot and needs instruction in customer service. Not only did I leave unhappy, you will never have me, my race team members or any of our instructors as customers ever again.

Quote:
I will not get into the issue of the free track days because I was not involved in the agreement for them. However, at Mr. Anderson's request, the rest of the track passes were returned to him. As far as the last sentence, It just proves Mr. Anderson's attitude. "The owner is a who is trying to screw me and cant hire decent people." I'm not sure where you are going with that, but that statement forks off into two different directions (one with the owner and one with the employees) and you go no farther.
I have never had an issue with any of your employees, just your tactics, your customer service and your owner.

Quote:
Even though I will not be posting on here after this, please feel free to acknowledge this "other stuff". You are more then welcome to call the shop to discuss it was well.

So there is the other side of the story. Take it how you want to. Come see us, or don't come see us. The slander of our name has been done on this board (which Mr. Anderson you might look into before starting another post like this. Legally, it is Slander and can make a case in a court of law).

If anyone has any other questions, comments or concerns, feel free to post them or pm me. Although I will not post after this I will check and reply to any private messages.

Humble Kawasaki Employee
I have not slandered anyone, I have merely posted the facts about my experience with your dealership.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #57
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
They tell me to give them a day to see if they can find the parts. I call them back and they tell me, sorry your out of luck we can't find them.

I return to the dealer with the parts I did get and ask to have them returned and my CC credited. Then they tell me, we will take them back with a 20% re-stocking fee. I say whatever because at this point I just want to end the relationship with these a$$wipes.

The guy behind the counter starts keying everything in, he is almost done, and then the owner walks up and tells me he isn't taking anything back and if I want to do anything about it to sue him.

Un-believable, we gave them $1500 in free track days, have bought over $1000 dollars worth of parts this year and just because the can't hire decent people he tries to screw me.

I won't even get into the rest of the stuff but that is it.

Don't EVER deal with Highlands or Humble Kawasaki !

Did you Pay with Mastercard or Visa????

If so immediately file with them.
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #58
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
sometimes buyer like to be left alone, no hassle salesmen. I would like to be left alone unless I have questions about the bikes.
its not up to the customer to get the salesman's attention. thats what the salesman is paid for.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #59
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

On the E side, Kaw of Pasadena was great for us. Highlands couldnt get the color my nephew wanted. that's the extent of our dealings with them.
gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #60
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post

How about this....

Salesman: "How are you doing today sir? Is there anything I can help you with?"

Customer: "No thanks, I am actually just looking around at the moment."

Salesman: "Great! Feel free to browse about, if you have any questions, or need any assistance whatsoever, my name is Brandt. (hands customer business card) I will be happy to help."

Basic people.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement