MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #21
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I have purchased there. I talked to the owner and he hooked me up big time.It was a 2000 zx6r. This was in 2000. msrp was 7999. I got k&n,jet,full s/s/ Muzzy and install all for 8,000 otd.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Highlands Kawasaki kawasakijockey General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 04-29-2010 10:41 AM
Highlands tomorrow Liqued600RR Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 05-13-2009 08:10 PM
I need a deal on a Kawasaki magzx12r General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 07-08-2008 11:19 AM
2008 Ninja 250r Availability @ Humble Kawasaki RinasDaddy General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-26-2007 05:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #22
scissorhands

Okay, I will start off by saying this. This will be my first and last post on this forum, so bash, hate, whine, and curse as much as you want towards me because you will not get a response.

Here is the other side of the story.

Quote:
Start of the race season this year, our race team gives them 1500.00 dollars of free track days and instruction, hand them plaquards and redeemable cards. We agree to a dealer plus 10% on parts and accessories for the year.

Motor blows in one of the race bikes, go in and order parts for the motor. Go to pick up parts, they tell me employees have been caught ordering parts on their discounts and selling the parts on eBay and now I only get dealer plus 25%.

I say whatever give me the parts I got 2 days to build a motor (this is where I should have said "expletive" off).
Mr. Anderson was set up, along with other shops and people, at a cost+10% rate. It was like this for a while. However, the percentage was in fact changed as of last month for everyone. Employee discount even changed. Now, Mr. Anderson called and ordered all these parts. When he ordered them he was not informed of the change of percentage. When he came to pick up his parts he was informed before he ever handed anyone a dollar or a piece of plastic. He had the choice right then and there to say "no thanks". He didn't. By saying okay and handing us a credit card and signing a slip of paper you agree to pay the total amount. Mr. Anderson agreed.

Quote:
I leave and head straight to my engine builder, open the bag, $163.00 dollars of missing parts not in the bag.
This is were the bending of the truth starts. Mr. Anderson admitted to our employees on several occasions that he, in-fact, did not look in the bag or open the bag himself. He took it straight to someone else. Surely when parts have been in 3 different sets of hands and you dont have it and the dealer claims not to have it you would talk to the 3rd set of hands right? Harass them as much as the other party? Guess not.

Quote:
I call them immediately and they give me the story that they are sure the parts were in the bag even though when I went to pick them up, they were not even in their computer system. The guy sat there and entered a list into the computer and then handed me a bag. He never checked the parts in the bag against the list.
This is true. He told us the parts were not in the bag and when he got there the parts weren't in the system. For any of you that know how a motorcycle dealership works you know that when you receive a shipment of parts they come in a box. In that box along with the parts is a packing list. All parts were checked off the packing list and then put in the bag. The packing list is then used to put the items in inventory with the computer. All parts were checked in and put in Mr. Anderson's bag, however, it had been a busy day and the parts hadn't been put in the computer yet. Mr. Anderson was asked to please be patient as this was done and he was. Accompanying Mr. Anderson into the shop was his own personal list of parts that he had ordered. To make sure no parts were missed we went off his list when ringing him up. Any part that was on his list and did not come off our packing list (which would mean it wasn't in the bag) would have shown up as an invalid part number. None did.

Quote:
They tell me to give them a day to see if they can find the parts.
This is true. We asked Mr. Anderson which parts he was missing and then went to our system to check and make sure they were put in, went to our packing list to make sure they had arrived, went into our parts inventory and checked multiple times to make sure they weren't accidentally put in stock, and then we checked, again multiple times, that they hadn't been put in any other customers bag by mistake. They were in the computer, on the packing list, not in stock, and not in any other bag.

Quote:
I call them back and they tell me, sorry your out of luck we can't find them.
This I do not have much of a leg to stand on, for I was not the one who talked to Mr. Anderson. However, I do know that he was offered to repurchase the parts. No one ever used the term "Sorry, you're out of luck".

Quote:
I return to the dealer with the parts I did get and ask to have them returned and my CC credited. Then they tell me, we will take them back with a 20% re-stocking fee. I say whatever because at this point I just want to end the relationship with these a$$wipes.
There has been a sign placed on the back wall of the parts department since day one explicitly stating "There is a 20% restocking fee on all parts and there is no return on electrical parts". This is the norm for any dealership you go to. Now, there are exceptions to this rule. For instance, if you buy an air filter from us that we will be able to resale with no hassle, the fee may be waved. The fee was not waved for Mr. Anderson because we would not be able to resale any of the parts he returned because they were specific parts. Kawasaki charges us a 20% restocking fee to return them. If you put the two and two together you will see that the only reason we charge a restocking fee for parts is so that when WE return them, we come out even. There was no mistake on our part for the parts that you ordered. They were the correct parts and you chose to return them. You were going to be charged a restocking fee. Why you did not just keep the parts and sell them with the rest of the bike you are parting out, I do not know. Also, Mr. Anderson is very hostile in his post. He had the same attitude when he was in our dealership. Unfortunately the attitude was overheard by the owner.

Quote:
The guy behind the counter starts keying everything in, he is almost done, and then the owner walks up and tells me he isn't taking anything back and if I want to do anything about it to sue him.
The owner tells Mr. Anderson that there is no point for him to lose money on parts so a person who will no longer be a customer anyway, leaves happy. Right, wrong, or indifferent, this was his opinion. Anyone in the same situation would have the exact same thought as the owner. The only difference is the Owner was not afraid to voice it.

Quote:
Un-believable, we gave them $1500 in free track days, have bought over $1000 dollars worth of parts this year and just because the can't hire decent people he tries to screw me.
I will not get into the issue of the free track days because I was not involved in the agreement for them. However, at Mr. Anderson's request, the rest of the track passes were returned to him. As far as the last sentence, It just proves Mr. Anderson's attitude. "The owner is a who is trying to screw me and cant hire decent people." I'm not sure where you are going with that, but that statement forks off into two different directions (one with the owner and one with the employees) and you go no farther.

Quote:
I won't even get into the rest of the stuff but that is it.
Even though I will not be posting on here after this, please feel free to acknowledge this "other stuff". You are more then welcome to call the shop to discuss it was well.

So there is the other side of the story. Take it how you want to. Come see us, or don't come see us. The slander of our name has been done on this board (which Mr. Anderson you might look into before starting another post like this. Legally, it is Slander and can make a case in a court of law).

If anyone has any other questions, comments or concerns, feel free to post them or pm me. Although I will not post after this I will check and reply to any private messages.

Humble Kawasaki Employee
scissorhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #23
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller1k View Post
Welcome to MotoHouston! Great first post.
:r ofl:
BKLYNBULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #24
tlrmike

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
2005 Honda CRF450R

Deffinately a low ball store when it comes to price. But I started wondering about the store in Humble when I rode up on my '07 ZX-10 and parked about 10 feet from the front door. A salesman was standing on the front porch and greeted me as I walked up. After about 30 seconds of chit chat he says I should consider trading up to a ZX-10. Huh? He just watched me pull in on a brand new ZX-10. Clueless.

I went inside to see if the new 250 Ninja was out yet (last year). Nope, then I get another salesman who tels me "Your wife will hate the 250 in 6 months, she should get a ZX-6R". Clueless.

I stop and ask the parts and accessories guys what the price on a Two Brothers slip on would cost for my ZX-10. He spends 15 minutes telling me that there most popular selling exhaust is a Jardine (or Kerker or some other drag pipe) and that's what I need to get to make real power. Clueless.

Now, in thier defense, they had been open only a short time back then and may not have had time to really install a staff that new what they were doing.

Every dealership has thier bad days, I hope that this was just one of them.

Slower than I used to be, faster than I need to be!!!

Last edited by tlrmike; 07-10-2008 at 09:28 PM.
tlrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #25
tlrmike

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
2005 Honda CRF450R

It's nice to hear the story from both sides of the counter. I've met the owner though, he seems like he can be a little abrasive.

Either way, spend your money at the shop that you like to deal with.

Slower than I used to be, faster than I need to be!!!
tlrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #26
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
2 Questions.....

1. Do you work there?

2. Can I get some of those passes y'all never used?

Oh man cdill your too much I think I had a little pee come out
BKLYNBULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #27
Gringo3825

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600 sold!!!!
09 Buell XB1200Scg

I can't wait till richmond suzuki re-opens again. So I can get some real service again.
Gringo3825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #28
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

I went into Highlands Kowasucki about, hmmm oh 15 years ago to check out the shop, it took me about 5 minutes to haul my outta there, if scissorwanker was there at the time he might remember this one they had a brand new zx sittin there real cool green(pagan green I belive) the owner said if I scratched it(no I wasn't touching or tryin to sit) he was going to do me bodily harm(in the rude vernacular) I shook my head and said hmm well FU too a$$hole and out the door I went and I think he and Johnny Word are in the same business along with several other nameless individuals here in galveston county, and if your wonderin it ain't sellin bikes. I won't go to Highlands Kowasucki or even Tejas MS due to bad customer service I used to live in Tejas MS before it became Tejas MS and only in Higlands KS one time

maybe its me ya know I guess I just look like I gonna F**K up the darn bike

actually I think its something to do with highlands(some chronic thing from lyondell or one of those plants)

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #29
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post
Okay, I will start off by saying this. This will be my first and last post on this forum, so bash, hate, whine, and curse as much as you want towards me because you will not get a response.

Mr. Anderson was set up, along with other shops and people, at a cost+10% rate. It was like this for a while. However, the percentage was in fact changed as of last month for everyone. Employee discount even changed. Now, Mr. Anderson called and ordered all these parts. When he ordered them he was not informed of the change of percentage. When he came to pick up his parts he was informed before he ever handed anyone a dollar or a piece of plastic. He had the choice right then and there to say "no thanks". He didn't. By saying okay and handing us a credit card and signing a slip of paper you agree to pay the total amount. Mr. Anderson agreed.

This is were the bending of the truth starts. Mr. Anderson admitted to our employees on several occasions that he, in-fact, did not look in the bag or open the bag himself. He took it straight to someone else. Surely when parts have been in 3 different sets of hands and you dont have it and the dealer claims not to have it you would talk to the 3rd set of hands right? Harass them as much as the other party? Guess not.

This is true. He told us the parts were not in the bag and when he got there the parts weren't in the system. For any of you that know how a motorcycle dealership works you know that when you receive a shipment of parts they come in a box. In that box along with the parts is a packing list. All parts were checked off the packing list and then put in the bag. The packing list is then used to put the items in inventory with the computer. All parts were checked in and put in Mr. Anderson's bag, however, it had been a busy day and the parts hadn't been put in the computer yet. Mr. Anderson was asked to please be patient as this was done and he was. Accompanying Mr. Anderson into the shop was his own personal list of parts that he had ordered. To make sure no parts were missed we went off his list when ringing him up. Any part that was on his list and did not come off our packing list (which would mean it wasn't in the bag) would have shown up as an invalid part number. None did.

This is true. We asked Mr. Anderson which parts he was missing and then went to our system to check and make sure they were put in, went to our packing list to make sure they had arrived, went into our parts inventory and checked multiple times to make sure they weren't accidentally put in stock, and then we checked, again multiple times, that they hadn't been put in any other customers bag by mistake. They were in the computer, on the packing list, not in stock, and not in any other bag.

This I do not have much of a leg to stand on, for I was not the one who talked to Mr. Anderson. However, I do know that he was offered to repurchase the parts. No one ever used the term "Sorry, you're out of luck".

There has been a sign placed on the back wall of the parts department since day one explicitly stating "There is a 20% restocking fee on all parts and there is no return on electrical parts". This is the norm for any dealership you go to. Now, there are exceptions to this rule. For instance, if you buy an air filter from us that we will be able to resale with no hassle, the fee may be waved. The fee was not waved for Mr. Anderson because we would not be able to resale any of the parts he returned because they were specific parts. Kawasaki charges us a 20% restocking fee to return them. If you put the two and two together you will see that the only reason we charge a restocking fee for parts is so that when WE return them, we come out even. There was no mistake on our part for the parts that you ordered. They were the correct parts and you chose to return them. You were going to be charged a restocking fee. Why you did not just keep the parts and sell them with the rest of the bike you are parting out, I do not know. Also, Mr. Anderson is very hostile in his post. He had the same attitude when he was in our dealership. Unfortunately the attitude was overheard by the owner.

The owner tells Mr. Anderson that there is no point for him to lose money on parts so a person who will no longer be a customer anyway, leaves happy. Right, wrong, or indifferent, this was his opinion. Anyone in the same situation would have the exact same thought as the owner. The only difference is the Owner was not afraid to voice it.

I will not get into the issue of the free track days because I was not involved in the agreement for them. However, at Mr. Anderson's request, the rest of the track passes were returned to him. As far as the last sentence, It just proves Mr. Anderson's attitude. "The owner is a who is trying to screw me and cant hire decent people." I'm not sure where you are going with that, but that statement forks off into two different directions (one with the owner and one with the employees) and you go no farther.

Even though I will not be posting on here after this, please feel free to acknowledge this "other stuff". You are more then welcome to call the shop to discuss it was well.

So there is the other side of the story. Take it how you want to. Come see us, or don't come see us. The slander of our name has been done on this board (which Mr. Anderson you might look into before starting another post like this. Legally, it is Slander and can make a case in a court of law).

If anyone has any other questions, comments or concerns, feel free to post them or pm me. Although I will not post after this I will check and reply to any private messages.

Humble Kawasaki Employee
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam mr,anderson i think he put you in check
Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #30
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:
Bullllllshit. You have no idea what Slander is (or Libel, for that matter). Nothing Diggler posted comes even remotely close to fitting the legal definition.

You guys sure are quick to threaten lawsuits, though.
miraculous dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #31
sixerSLYGUY
ChuckR1's

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06' R6 track
79' SR500

Quote:

Humble Kawasaki Employee
you know a guy named jimmy??
sixerSLYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #32
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
sounds like a typical dealership
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #33
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx14owner View Post
MR DIGGLER.........

I THINK YOUR THE HOLE...........

TELL THE STORY RIGHT.......YOU DIDNT GIVE 1500.00. YOU GAVE SOME PASSES TO GIVE OUT SO YOU COULD TRY AND HAVE A DISCOUNT ON PARTS FIRST OFF, AND I DONT THINK ONE WAS EVER USED...

2. DONT COME ON HERE ALL COCKY LIKE YOU WERE IN THE STORE PUNKING SOMEONE CAUSE I WAS WATCHING THE ENTIRE ORDEAL.....

AND YOU WERE NOT TALKING ALL BIG IN THERE STORE TODAY...

THE ONLY REASON YOU WERE TOLD 25% OVER COST WAS TO EAT THE PART THAT WAS GIVIN TO YOU ........
NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING!

YOUR THE ONLY HOLE I SEE IN THIS............THEY TRIED TO MAKE IT RIGHT AND YOU WENT OFF ON THE WRONG PERSON! gET A LIFE.........
d*mn man you shouldnt have posted this
you obviously work at the kawi dealership, and now you just gave the entire name KAWASAKI a very bad name

dumbazz

ps, i live down the street in humble and tell everyone your store s*cks
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #34
sixerSLYGUY
ChuckR1's

Bike(s):
06' R6 track
79' SR500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
I went into Highlands Kowasucki about, hmmm oh 15 years ago to check out the shop, it took me about 5 minutes to haul my outta there, if scissorwanker was there at the time he might remember this one they had a brand new zx sittin there real cool green(pagan green I belive) the owner said if I scratched it(no I wasn't touching or tryin to sit) he was going to do me bodily harm(in the rude vernacular) I shook my head and said hmm well FU too a$$hole and out the door I went and I think he and Johnny Word are in the same business along with several other nameless individuals here in galveston county, and if your wonderin it ain't sellin bikes. I won't go to Highlands Kowasucki or even Tejas MS due to bad customer service I used to live in Tejas MS before it became Tejas MS and only in Higlands KS one time

maybe its me ya know I guess I just look like I gonna F**K up the darn bike

actually I think its something to do with highlands(some chronic thing from lyondell or one of those plants)
Hey you better watch how you talk about highlands its one of the more respectable redneck towns.

<<<<<<<

BTW its EXXON that releases gases daily. and im trying to get a job there
Old 07-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #35
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
IMHO this is back customer service. I would think if you didnt inform until he came to pick it up, you would go head and give him the discount, and consider him informed for future transactions.

Quote:

Dont these 2 statements contradict each other?

I tend to believe your side, and appreciate your honesty, but dont feel it makes you look that much better.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #36
The Black Sheepdog
Derp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 600RA
06 F4i
fiddy

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to The Black Sheepdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerSLYGUY View Post
BTW its EXXON that releases gases daily. and im trying to get a job there
Where at?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #37
sixerSLYGUY
ChuckR1's

Bike(s):
06' R6 track
79' SR500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
Where at?
wadda ya mean where at? exxon is right off spur 330. its been there since like 1920, and im trying to get a job as a operator.... anywhere really
Old 07-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #38
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

i have been to humble kawi twice

1st-walked in and the store was empty, no costumers, just 1 salesman
i was completely ignored. i finally just asked the salesman a question on prices on a 1k are and he replies "whats your credit look like?"
what kind of question is that???

2nd time-i was in there witha friend and the salesman would not leave him alone about running his liscense to see his credit.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #39
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo3825 View Post
I can't wait till richmond suzuki re-opens again. So I can get some real service again.
when is richmond suzuki re opening and are they gonna have a new location?
hondarider77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #40
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

I'll stick with Mancuso, they treated me right, and where quick to let me sit on different bikes as long as I wanted. No hassle or anything. Plus they are close.
Intermission is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement