MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 01:08 AM   #141
Zipdot
Safety Inspector

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Caspian Blue 2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
did i miss your point? did you not say it was "no big deal"?
Oh, maybe so - I was strictly commenting about the realization that people want to do harm to people (you). I say that there is no avoiding haters - let's break it down to make things simple. Withstanding the various forms of mental illness, harm is usually done to people for some kind of gain, whether it be a robbery of a wealthy person for monetary value or the head-kickin' of homeless people for notoriety or even personal satisfaction. Religious and gang violence falls within these two extremes, logically with a mix of both motives in most cases (including the 40 virgin case mentioned earlier). My point is that the cry, "people need to REALIZE this is GOING ON!" is kind of elementary in the vein of "no duh," and I wonder why people find that they need to remind their fellow man of such things as if they are the only people who can make sense of things.

On the topic of "death - big deal or no big deal?" I would say, quite apart from our discussion heretofore, that from a certain viewpoint it's "no big deal" any more than the rise and fall of any given historical civilization is of no practical value to the daily life of the average person, but from another viewpoint, specifically the observer of life - you and I - it is indeed a big deal, as our observations are contained within the subjective framework of "it's a huge deal because without it we can't even contemplate it."
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Gear Fashion Suicide at PP1?? SGT USMC 0311 General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 06-26-2010 04:06 PM
PP1 tonight El_Diablo Events, Meets and Rides 61 12-22-2008 11:33 PM
PP1 tonight!!!!!!!!! lil nicky Events, Meets and Rides 18 06-18-2008 09:06 PM
Follow up to Suicide Bomber FastLine Off Topic 21 07-08-2005 03:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #142
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
anyone got cliffnotes way to much to read
Old 07-11-2008, 01:20 AM   #143
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

There's a whole lot of stupid in this thread. When was the last time one of dem terrists suicide-bombed a starbucks in Texas? If the man's "bomb" was suspicious enough the easiest thing to do (which wasn't done) would have been to leave the area and call the police. I don't think anyone would fault you for being careful.

But how many people here actually think it was really a middle-eastern terrorist who "hates our freedom"? The talking heads have you all jumping at shadows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN
This guy supposedly got up and walked away from this case, I think I (being brash and bold~not always a good thing) would have cornered him on it. I dont know ch!t bout pipe bombs or if he could have had a remote detonator.
Really? You would've cornered the man so you could get in a fist fight with him? And that seems like a better idea to you than leaving? WTF?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #144
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraculous dan View Post
There's a whole lot of stupid in this thread. When was the last time one of dem terrists suicide-bombed a starbucks in Texas? If the man's "bomb" was suspicious enough the easiest thing to do (which wasn't done) would have been to leave the area and call the police. I don't think anyone would fault you for being careful.

But how many people here actually think it was really a middle-eastern terrorist who "hates our freedom"? The talking heads have you all jumping at shadows.

Really? You would've cornered the man so you could get in a fist fight with him? And that seems like a better idea to you than leaving? WTF?
lol. i think the whole thing is someone with an overactive imagination as well. but what i found funny was that they thought it real enough and didnt call real authorities.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #145
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoMLA View Post
40 , it is 40 virgins...
Where the did all you guys come up with the number 40? The number I've always heard was 72, but as far as I know the whole martyrdom = virgins thing doesn't have any real basis in the Koran and is more of a western myth than anything else.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:29 AM   #146
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:
lol. i think the whole thing is someone with an overactive imagination as well. but what i found funny was that they thought it real enough and didnt call real authorities.
werd
Old 07-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #147
Zipdot
Safety Inspector

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Caspian Blue 2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

"A couple observations. First, nonfundamentalist Muslims don't take the cosmological parts of the Koran any more literally than nonfundamentalist Christians take the biblical story of Genesis. They understand the bits about virgins and so on as metaphors for the ineffable joys of the afterlife. Second, while dreams of celestial babes may motivate the impoverished Palestinian kids who blow themselves up on Israeli street corners, a number of the 9-11 terrorists were older and had known something of earthly delights."

- from Dear Cecil, responding to a question about how many virgins we're talkin' about here.

I have nothing to comment about in this thread except for the whole "WE NEED TO WAKE UP GUYZ" part of it, which I thought I'd respond to.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:45 AM   #148
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraculous dan View Post
Where the did all you guys come up with the number 40? The number I've always heard was 72, but as far as I know the whole martyrdom = virgins thing doesn't have any real basis in the Koran and is more of a western myth than anything else.
the guy you quoted is muslim. he was making a joke.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:33 AM   #149
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
well mayn when you got a sport bike you got the size of grapefruits no need for authorities
Old 07-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #150
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Gee here it starts getting goofy, I give you BS goof post a reply and you get your panties in a twist and start going off on shyte you've got no clue about. Good job, I applaud your ignorant too.

Look here u lil fur ball, the only panties im twisting belong to you. Ch!t I have no clue about? I know you are a wannabe kno-it all Jack AZZ on a bike forum that ever rides. Thanks for the applaude but I don't need your meat beaters in y cheering sections, your palms are too hairy for one.

Hey skippy... public forum, I filled out the same 'registration' you did. Don't like what I have to say, don't read it...or go cry to the mods. You can post your post , and I'll post myne and put in my knowledge and experience when appropiate, can't handle it. Tough.

ulric, i dont have to cry to the mods, this bs forum isnt my life. I find it amazingly hilarious that that a person like you (who claims his intelligence) always sits up in here and tries to pass off ur idiot-ocracy to the rest of us. In my opinion, I have yet to see where your "knowledge and experience" was ever appropiate.

Let me get real picky... personaly I think the post should have been put in the Off-topic section and not the General Discussion (moto-related) forum.
The title was, blankly put BS and it really sounds like they saw a , with some misc shyte and someone's imagination got away with them a bit. <shrug> but I wasn't there and I'm going based on what was provided. Much like people tried to tell GB and his kid... Don't post it, don't bring it up if you don't want to risk being called on it.
I dont give flying $uc* where you think it belongs b/c you are not a mod and have no say-so. "Don't like what I have to say, don't read it..." same applies to u pissy, if you dont like where its posted dont read it. I wont give you the option of crying to the mods, thats what bytches do.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:00 AM   #151
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I haven't followed every single post in this thread but with so many young immature people on this forum its nice to see a balance of sanity from a few people. People jumped all over racerx and I thought that his posts made plenty of sense. You leave it up to MH and every guy here has 12" , has a motogp ride, and knocks off chicks in the back of his Ferrari.
so true.............

Closed Thread

Advertisement