MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #121
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
no ulric u got it all wrong, u could never be ahead of me in this lifetime. Not in anything! I DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, I DO IT. to quote another member of this site, "I didn't buy a sports bike to ride it like a puzzy" and I take that mentality with everything in life. You r the one who live life scared and trying to save the world! Don't try to save me, thats what is for. He is the only man I answer to. If someone else choses to claim you as their savior thats on them. Each person on this site is responsible for themselves, you need to quit coming in other people's posts and trying to play Heavenly Father. I am guilty of Post Whoring and Shane I apologize, but that $h!t gets on my last nerve!!!!!!
I haven't followed every single post in this thread but with so many young immature people on this forum its nice to see a balance of sanity from a few people. People jumped all over racerx and I thought that his posts made plenty of sense. You leave it up to MH and every guy here has 12" , has a motogp ride, and knocks off chicks in the back of his Ferrari.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Gear Fashion Suicide at PP1?? SGT USMC 0311 General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 06-26-2010 04:06 PM
PP1 tonight El_Diablo Events, Meets and Rides 61 12-22-2008 11:33 PM
PP1 tonight!!!!!!!!! lil nicky Events, Meets and Rides 18 06-18-2008 09:06 PM
Follow up to Suicide Bomber FastLine Off Topic 21 07-08-2005 03:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #122
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I haven't followed every single post in this thread but with so many young immature people on this forum its nice to see a balance of sanity from a few people. People jumped all over racerx and I thought that his posts made plenty of sense. You leave it up to MH and every guy here has 12" , has a motogp ride, and knocks off chicks in the back of his Ferrari.
lol yup
Old 07-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #123
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
lol yup
what is this sanity that is being spoken of? I don't see much of it out in the real world lately.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #124
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
what is this sanity that is being spoken of? I don't see much of it out in the real world lately.
i dunno
Old 07-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #125
peruvian

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to peruvian
yall should've jumped that guy!!!
dang dats crazy.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #126
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

well im glad to know that if something serious goes down at pp1 (or anywhere for that matter) then the peeps with information wont do jack but talk about it on the internet. bravo, chaps. bravo.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #127
ccalvin
what what in the ?

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2020 yamaha ninja gsxr 1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
well im glad to know that if something serious goes down at pp1 (or anywhere for that matter) then the peeps with information wont do jack but talk about it on the internet. bravo, chaps. bravo.
thanks
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #128
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

I just want everyone to hear what I have to say and then make an unbiased or unprejudiced judgement it.

If in a real life situation such as last night, where you truly believe your life to be in danger, you have two options. Now before I give those options the machismo in all of us is to say "whoop dat azz", but in reality fear is the equal and equalizer of the adrenaline it would take to actually do this.

Now, if this life threatening situation seemed bleak and things were obviously not going to get any better, I truly believe I (using myself as an example) would think outside the box and say my chances of surviving this clown is slim to none if I just stand here, or the other hand they are slim to none if I at least bust him up side his chit one time. Really people, think about it! You are probably going to die anyway, why not give your best effort to live. I am talking about a situation where either way u doomed, I think i would go out with a fight.

This guy supposedly got up and walked away from this case, I think I (being brash and bold~not always a good thing) would have cornered him on it. I dont know ch!t bout pipe bombs or if he could have had a remote detonator.
Not saying anyone is a coward for not doing it, but if I was as concerned as Slowpoke and I seeen my chance I would have. Maybe it isnt the best decision but that is how I am wired. I am glad everyone made it home safe.

just my 2 pennies worth.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #129
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Not to be one of the jumpers, but I would think that 9-1-1 was the better alternative in that situation after you got outta dodge, and in rebuttal to a statement, there are people on this board that have intimate knowledge of IED's (pipe bombs or other types of expolsive type devices, as well as lethal and non lethal improvised weapons,traps and general mayhem) and here is the jump, we DO NOT need to be discussing how such devices are constructed or discuss the merits of one construction method over another or how to increase the colateral damage associated with any of the above items. we do need to be aware that they are skippy out there and there are people who wish us as americans all the harm and discontent they can create and we need to realise that most of these individual are home grown shitballs and not imported and there is NO difference in the tactics and willingness to do mayhem unto us in the most detestable and gruesome manner possible between the two

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
Old 07-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #130
sixerSLYGUY
ChuckR1's

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
06' R6 track
79' SR500

Quote:
that sounds about right
Old 07-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #131
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
LMAO

and I thought I was lucky to have 6" and an old 00' gsxr and a wife of 25 years whom I "knock off" in the back of my old azz pickup at renfest

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #132
sixerSLYGUY
ChuckR1's

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
06' R6 track
79' SR500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
Not to be one of the jumpers, but I would think that 9-1-1 was the better alternative in that situation after you got outta dodge, and in rebuttal to a statement, there are people on this board that have intimate knowledge of IED's (pipe bombs or other types of expolsive type devices, as well as lethal and non lethal improvised weapons,traps and general mayhem) and here is the jump, we DO NOT need to be discussing how such devices are constructed or discuss the merits of one construction method over another or how to increase the colateral damage associated with any of the above items. we do need to be aware that they are skippy out there and there are people who wish us as americans all the harm and discontent they can create and we need to realise that most of these individual are home grown shitballs and not imported and there is NO difference in the tactics and willingness to do mayhem unto us in the most detestable and gruesome manner possible between the two
thats some pretty deep stuff there JP
Old 07-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #133
flypunk
it doesn't matter

Trackdays: 3

being as we left there before all this happen, It would be interesting to know what really happened.

and these are the disturbing things that I pick up from the reading...

nobody cared that the cops weren't called. Nobody cared that security didn't call them and said anything, even after the fact? The bomb was still there right? So now we have a secuirity guard who hates bikers with a bomb at his disposal?

I mean its PP1 for crying out loud, you get a group hitting their rev limiters and you can count on the cops being there in 30 mins (not that its uncalled for)... so am I not to believe that the same cops that love "harrassing" the bike comunity wouldnt be thrilled to have a reson to?

the other piece that bugs me is that the reported cases of christian suicide bombers is so minimal its not even funny, after all if you commit suicide in christianity you are condemned to for eternity (yes there is no virgin reward) and yet this is one of the ones that happens in starbucks?

This just doesnt make sense to me. Its kinda like why the animal activist throw red paint at movie stars with furs rather than going into a biker bar and throwing paint at bikers with leather. It the public opinion that bikers are the wrong type of crowd to off right?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #134
bigpokey
The Slow Guy

Bike(s):
2001 R6 Sold

WOW........You have two responses when something like this happens, Fight or Flight. If it is a situation where you are that scared then you need to do one or the other quit quickly to avoid patential harm. People say that they would be wuppin some but I know from personal experience that a certain amount of bitchassness will show its head in an event like the one discribed here. nobody will fault you for not Chuck Norris drop-kickin this fool for scaring the out the whole place but you have to tell someone....period. Just my .05 cents.

P.S. I can only contribute .05 cents at this moment because of soaring gas prices, sorry for the inconvenience.:
Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #135
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
no ulric u got it all wrong, u could never be ahead of me in this lifetime. Not in anything! I DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, I DO IT. to quote another member of this site, "I didn't buy a sports bike to ride it like a puzzy" and I take that mentality with everything in life. You r the one who live life scared and trying to save the world! Don't try to save me, thats what is for. He is the only man I answer to. If someone else choses to claim you as their savior thats on them. Each person on this site is responsible for themselves, you need to quit coming in other people's posts and trying to play Heavenly Father. I am guilty of Post Whoring and Shane I apologize, but that $h!t gets on my last nerve!!!!!!

Gee here it starts getting goofy, I give you BS goof post a reply and you get your panties in a twist and start going off on shyte you've got no clue about. Good job, I applaud your ignorant too.

Quote:
Each person on this site is responsible for themselves, you need to quit coming in other people's posts and trying to play Heavenly Father.
Hey skippy... public forum, I filled out the same 'registration' you did. Don't like what I have to say, don't read it...or go cry to the mods. You can post your post , and I'll post myne and put in my knowledge and experience when appropiate, can't handle it. Tough.

Let me get real picky... personaly I think the post should have been put in the Off-topic section and not the General Discussion (moto-related) forum.
The title was, blankly put BS and it really sounds like they saw a , with some misc shyte and someone's imagination got away with them a bit. <shrug> but I wasn't there and I'm going based on what was provided. Much like people tried to tell GB and his kid... Don't post it, don't bring it up if you don't want to risk being called on it.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #136
Zipdot
Safety Inspector

Bike(s):
Caspian Blue 2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
we do need to be aware that they are skippy out there and there are people who wish us as americans all the harm and discontent they can create
"as americans"
"as westerners"
"as jews"
"as palastinians"
"as communists"
"as minorities"
"as prisoners"
"as indians"
"as tibetans"
"as irish"
"as people of the congo"
"as regular law abiding citizens"
"as police"
"as <insert group here>"

In general there will always be haters of you and the group of people you identify with. No big deal, it's been that way since the get-go. I think most people do, in fact, realize that, though.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #137
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipdot View Post
"as americans"
"as westerners"
"as jews"
"as palastinians"
"as communists"
"as minorities"
"as prisoners"
"as indians"
"as tibetans"
"as irish"
"as people of the congo"
"as regular law abiding citizens"
"as police"
"as <insert group here>"

In general there will always be haters of you and the group of people you identify with. No big deal, it's been that way since the get-go. I think most people do, in fact, realize that, though.
i guess that being blown to is "no big deal" to you, but im sure its a concern for the rest of us.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:44 AM   #138
Zipdot
Safety Inspector

Bike(s):
Caspian Blue 2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
i guess that being blown to is "no big deal" to you, but im sure its a concern for the rest of us.
I'm not going to dignify that as being a reasonable response to my point.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #139
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

prolly was going to hold up the starbucks cause those drinks are too expensive to pay for. lol jk.

no but for reals that is scary.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #140
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipdot View Post
I'm not going to dignify that as being a reasonable response to my point.
did i miss your point? did you not say it was "no big deal"?
Closed Thread

Advertisement